cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pages freezing while using iMac/Safari, but only on Ebay, nowhere else.

i'm using a newer iMac, and have noticed that only when I'm on EBay, the spinning beach ball appears and I'm unable to do any activity unless I completely reload an entirely new page and delete the page I'm currently looking at. It's usually while I'm searching the site. I haven't experienced it while preparing a listing. At the same time, I also hear my external storage running and light blinking as if some time of storage activity is taking place? I have no idea, but hoping you can help, as it's tiresome to have to repeatedly close out and reload a page, just to do a single search. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@fredwena 

If the same page loads easily in another browser, try deleting your cache and eBay cookies in your original browser.

Excessive hard drive reading/writing might be a sign of your computer using swap files to transfer application information between RAM and the hard drive. That might be caused by having more applications open than your memory can effectively handle, or a sign that one application is taking up more resources than it should. It might be worth quitting some open applications or even restarting your computer.

It might also be a sign of some programs running in the background such as hard drive utilities or backups, or anti-virus scans that are very hard disk intensive. Those sorts of programs tend to run for a while and then stop.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you so much Eburtonlab!  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Try the steps on this article on how to clear your cookies on your device. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-Do-a-Hard-Refresh-How-to-Clear-Your-Cache-How-...

For websites that have advertisements, there is a lot of cookies getting stored on our computers / mobile devices in the background.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@fredwena 

You are very welcome -- good luck!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply