cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hidden tracking numbers

Ebay has now removed tracking number visibility from the Purchase History page.

There used to be an actual tracking number, that you clicked on to access the tracking progress. And could find using browser search.

Now it is replaced with a 'Track Package' button. No visible tracking number. Click the button to see tracking progress (and the tracking number.) Then once a parcel is reported delivered, that button vanishes, and there seems to be no way to obtain the tracking number.

There is a fatal problem with this 'brilliant redesign.'

People using international reshippers, need search access to all the tracking numbers of all their items. Because when parcels arrive at the reshipper, the only consistent way to identify the parcels is by the tracking numbers. Reshippers log the track numbers of parcels on arrival. Then one could search one's Purchase History for that number, to find out which purchase it contains. One HAS to be able to do this, because each parcel to be onshipped overseas must have a Customs declaration filled in.

And the time when that can be done, is after the parcel is delivered. But then Ebay has removed the 'track' button, and any way to find out the tracking numbers. Not to mention being unable to use browser search on the Purchase list to find it easily. I didn't even have to type whole tracking numbers - just the last 4 digits is plenty for the search. Then can visually check the found number actually matches fully.

WHY did anyone think removing tracking number visibility from the Purchases History page was a good idea?  Did you WANT to make use of reshippers near impossible? Because that's what you have done.

PLEASE restore the visibility of tracking numbers immediately. 

Here's what it looks like now, without them. And this DOES NOT WORK.

Before delivery (no tracking number visible):

Before deliveryBefore delivery

After delivery - tracking number also not visible, and now completely unavailable:

2_after_arrival.png

I so wish ebay would stop constantly breaking things. If it ain't broken, don't 'fix' it.

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: hidden tracking numbers

Visible tracking numbers are a necessary to identify purchases and

efficiently leave feedback in purchase history.

Each item/order needs the following shown:

listing title
photo
date of purchase
price
estimated date of arrival
tracking/parcel #
item number
order number

seller

The minimization of purchase history data is a mistake. It wastes time

in my efforts to leave feedback and account for ordered items. In the future I will only identify items  not received/not as described and not waste my time leaving feed back.

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

I just love spending my Sunday morning manually adding tracking numbers to the 85 items I purchased in the last 60 days. What fun!  Maybe hire some developers that have actually used ebay before they are let loose to ruin the platform.

Message 17 of 46
latest reply

Ebay does many changes and they do not make sense at all.  Sometimes, I think that a change is doneso that the person programing can say they did something.  It does not matter if it's an improvement or not. Sellers and buyers that use ebay are definitely NEVER consulted.

I hate the way they hide the feedback.  I make 1 click to see a seller's feedback and then I have to click again to see the individual comments.  It's almost as if ebay does not want a buyer to check a seller's feedback.

I too like the way you could see a purchase and the little icons that showed that  the item shipped and that you have posted a feedback.     Stating your opinion does NOT nothing.    Ebay will still keep the change that no one wanted.

Another change that ebay has done to make ebay worse and not corrected, is the inability to change the order of the photos when you use a tablet.  You used to be able to do that , now you can't.    If you load them wrong, you need to delete and load them in the correct order that you want OR go to a desktop and switch the order around.  I have complained many times and still no improvement.  Ebay has actually made their Ebay app worse than ever.   Perhaps Ebay should start a section on these community boards where sellers and buyers can suggest an improvement.   That would be a great idea.

Message 18 of 46
latest reply

Hi guy_d

Use the "View order details" Button  On the order page,  within the Order details displayed is the Tracking details.

The Tracking details shows the tracking number.   And a "Track package"  Button. 

I agree.   "WHY did anyone think removing tracking number visibility from the Purchases History page was a good idea? "

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

I had the same problem!!! It drives me CRAZY!!! I am a very high volumn buyer. in order to know the package I received, I have to search the last 5 digit of tracking number one by one using CTRL F, but not I have to click into each order to find the tracking. This is almost impossible for me to find the matching listing quickly.

Please bring back the tracking number in the page!

Message 20 of 46
latest reply

Lol!!!

I used to be a high volume buyer until they limited how many items we can view on 1 page. 

We used to be able to see 200 items per page then that got whittled down to 100 per page which was okayish BUT THEN they went down to 25 per page and that was it for me. 

I would need to track between 250 to 400+ orders at any given time, I refused to toggle between 10 to 16+ pages trying to figure out what was where.  I gave up.

Since then they took away our awesome icons...so stupid... now this 😂

I'm happy that I found other sources to get what I need and watching what they continue to do just validates my decision to move away from eBay for my high volume purchases.

I guess that they don't need us high volume buyers since they obviously don't listen to our needs.

Oh well...

Message 21 of 46
latest reply

This is one of the stupidest things I've seen eBay do. I frequently purchase 50 of the same item from 50 different sellers. Now what the hell do I do when I open a package from FRANK SMITH? Before I can "ctrl-f" and enter the last 4 digits of tracking number and figure out who the package came from. 

Now I have to open 50 tabs in my browser and look at 50 different orders until I find the one with that tracking number? At least they can put the sellers ship from zip code, this way there is absolutely no way to keep track of it. 

These design changes are intentional. Someone is shorting the stock and they are purposely driving away customers. There is no possible way someone could be this incompetent unless perhaps the "developer team" is actually a bunch of middle school age kids at day camp somewhere. 

To prove my point, look at the "hidden" button in the purchase history. If you click it, it shows hidden items like it should. Then if you click it again nothing happens. Every school in the United States has at least one 11 year old with more advanced programming skills. There is no possible way this is incompetence, it is sabotage. 

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

Ebay is continually making improvements. What you do is search for that tracking number in your spam folder (I can't take the "how badly do you want it" emails 14 times a day so it all goes to spam now).

When you find that number, open the email and see the order number. Then in your browser you can ctrl-f for that order number until you find it. It's a lot of fun when you are opening 27 packages. 

I'm surprised they don't try to hide the seller id and remove the link to the listing page too. That's probably next.

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

I will pop this thread daily until ebay responses to this issue and take actions.

Message 24 of 46
latest reply

Bump.

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

I'll Bump as well.

Not real hopeful though.  24 years on eBay and I've never seen them reverse a bad decision.

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

They don't want high volume buyers 😂

Bump

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

Have you noticed . . . not a single eBay Bucks promotion this quarter. 

2%; down to 1%; down to 0.5%; down to 0.0% but with promos; down to Dead Bucks.

Bump . . .

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

Bring it back.

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

They just replaced the actual clickable tracking number with "track order" button, which is dumb design as you should just try to show as much as information in a single page.   "track order" button has zero information compared to a clickable tracking number.

Message 30 of 46
latest reply