cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hidden tracking numbers

Ebay has now removed tracking number visibility from the Purchase History page.

There used to be an actual tracking number, that you clicked on to access the tracking progress. And could find using browser search.

Now it is replaced with a 'Track Package' button. No visible tracking number. Click the button to see tracking progress (and the tracking number.) Then once a parcel is reported delivered, that button vanishes, and there seems to be no way to obtain the tracking number.

There is a fatal problem with this 'brilliant redesign.'

People using international reshippers, need search access to all the tracking numbers of all their items. Because when parcels arrive at the reshipper, the only consistent way to identify the parcels is by the tracking numbers. Reshippers log the track numbers of parcels on arrival. Then one could search one's Purchase History for that number, to find out which purchase it contains. One HAS to be able to do this, because each parcel to be onshipped overseas must have a Customs declaration filled in.

And the time when that can be done, is after the parcel is delivered. But then Ebay has removed the 'track' button, and any way to find out the tracking numbers. Not to mention being unable to use browser search on the Purchase list to find it easily. I didn't even have to type whole tracking numbers - just the last 4 digits is plenty for the search. Then can visually check the found number actually matches fully.

WHY did anyone think removing tracking number visibility from the Purchases History page was a good idea?  Did you WANT to make use of reshippers near impossible? Because that's what you have done.

PLEASE restore the visibility of tracking numbers immediately. 

Here's what it looks like now, without them. And this DOES NOT WORK.

Before delivery (no tracking number visible):

Before deliveryBefore delivery

After delivery - tracking number also not visible, and now completely unavailable:

2_after_arrival.png

I so wish ebay would stop constantly breaking things. If it ain't broken, don't 'fix' it.

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

hidden tracking numbers

Use the "Tell us what you think" link in the upper right corner of that page to let page developers know of your opinion of the omission.

Message 2 of 49
latest reply

hidden tracking numbers

Unbelievable... this **bleep** company and their "upgrades".

Message 3 of 49
latest reply

hidden tracking numbers

If you click on VIEW ORDER DETAILS you will see the tracking number. 

Message 4 of 49
latest reply

hidden tracking numbers

This is useless.  I have a package I just pulled out of my mailbox with a tracking number on it.  I usually search (CTRL+F) the purchase history page for the end of the tracking number so that I can find which purchase it was I received, mark it as received (add note) then (leave feedback) and (hide order)

How can I click "view order details" if I don't know which package it is?

Message 5 of 49
latest reply

hidden tracking numbers

I just sat down to do feedbacks for the week (20+ items) and discovered this nonsense.  I hope the people who decided this are fired.  Why can they not stop breaking this site! All of the changes make it worse not better.

Message 6 of 49
latest reply

hidden tracking numbers

This interface (Purchase History) gets WORSE with each successive "upgrade".

And here's why they do this:

Because the LESS INFORMED you are, the BETTER a customer you make... PERIOD.

Message 7 of 49
latest reply

hidden tracking numbers

Just finished feedbacks and returns for the week.  What a pain!  Had several orders of same parts, figuring out what I had received from whom is now a pain in the A55.  Had three tabs open, each with a successive page of PH in them and had to manually scroll from item to item, clicking "view order details" or "track package"(these options are not even consistent, depending on the number of items in an order!) to determine who sent what.  It was much easier before to use my browser's find feature and parcel# to locate the items I had received.

I don't believe the developers have ever used Ebay, judging by how poor their "improvements" are.  This change will negatively affect feedback for sellers and hinder the purchasing experience for buyers.

Message 8 of 49
latest reply

hidden tracking numbers

I agree 100%.  First they remove the eBay Item number from the purchase history. What moron thought that was a good idea?  The item number, which is one of the ID for an eBay item.

Now they remove the tracking number.  It is like they have a grade school dropout doing their project planning.

I buy 100s of items each month, when an item comes in, I search the last for digit of the tracking.  Been doing it that way for years.

I actually sent 3 sellers requests to have them add tracking to the order, before I realized it was a new eBay Bug and not the sellers.

It is like somebody at eBay sits around and thinks, "How can we make this tool less useful for our customers."

"Tell Us What You Think"  I've told eBay what I think about them removing the eBay Item number from the Purchase History at least 50 times since it was removed.  I am convinced that when you hit send it just goes to the Digit Circular File.  A placebo that makes customers feel like eBay actually cares about what we think.

What's next?  Remove the seller's ID or maybe the photo and item title!

So sick of the eBay business model . . . "If it's not broken, we can break it"

Calling what eBay is doing to the Purchase History page as an Upgrade is an insult to the term Upgrade.  These are "Needless Changes"

eBay, Bring back Item number and tracking number to the history page.

Message 9 of 49
latest reply

hidden tracking numbers

Oh I do use that. Quite frequently. Also about this 'no tracking number' disaster. Including my email address. Never once saw any evidence those comments get noticed.  So it's not very satisfying.

Guy D

Message 10 of 49
latest reply

hidden tracking numbers

Yes I KNOW that. You have completely missed the point. The tracking numbers need to be present on the Purchase History page, so one can do a browser search through the page to find specific tracking numbers.

I buy a LOT of stuff on ebay, use a US reshipper. I HAVE to be able to quickly search through pages of purchase history to identify what's in parcels that have arrived at the reshipper.

It's clear you did not read my post. Why did you feel compelled to respond at all?

Message 11 of 49
latest reply

hidden tracking numbers

It's almost as if they are taking orders from the Biden admin, to turn everything into useless dysfunctional trash as fast as possible.

Message 12 of 49
latest reply

hidden tracking numbers

In December eBay remove the item number from the Purchase History Page (PHP), now they remove the tracking.  What is wrong with the team that own the PHP!!

Even more frustrating is having an eBay person explaining that you can open the "View Order Details" (VOD) page to see the tracking.  eBay you are suppose to make things easier for your customers, not harder.

Now I have to go to the VOD page, copy and paste the tracking to the item in the  PHP.  Then go to USPS and track the package, so that the USPS Tracking History is in my browser history.

Almost 25 years with eBay and they continue to break things that aren't broke.  In this case they are breaking something worse, that they already broke in December.

IMHO all the horrible changes are due to eBay's decision to have one set of code and the code is to accommodate the mobile apps.  Those apps have such small screen, they need to remove things, so people that still use computers are limited by the size of the mobile apps.  But that is a different rant all together.

Message 13 of 49
latest reply

hidden tracking numbers

It's so bad, so obviously harmful and senseless, that I have difficulty believing it isn't deliberate functional sabotage. And that gets into the whole morass of whether certain entities are trying to crash the USA in general. There sure are  a lot of indications that is the case.

Message 14 of 49
latest reply

hidden tracking numbers

OK, for others with the same issue, ie needing visible tracking numbers as a way to identify packages, here is a workaround. Though it's infuriating to have to go to such tedious lengths to combat ebay coding stupidity.

For EVERY item you purchase, once a seller has actually posted it, go into either the tracking or order details page. Ctl-C the tracking number. Now go back to the PH page, and 'add note'. Paste that tracking number into the Note field. Thankfully a page search does see the contents of the notes, so can find these copies of the tracking numbers. I suppose ebay will get around to breaking that too soon enough.

Oh, one further small code stupidity: If you just ctl-V the number into the note field, it doesn't 'stick'. That field only works if you actually type at least one character into it from the keyboard. At least with my browser.

So you really have to "type SPACE-BAR, then ctl-V to paste the tracking number.' Then click SAVE.

Ebay, I'd tell you what I really think of needing to go to these time-wasting lengths to get around your insane/negligent coding bullsh*t, but it isn't printable.

Message 15 of 49
latest reply