cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is proactively charging August listing fees for supposedly 31 day July listings

Per the new rule, GTC supposed to be charging now on the same day every day starting July. However, it is not the case. I got charged after 30 days (old format) while those items were/are active on the old billing cycle. 

If you watch to end the items you don`t want to be relisted, you will be surprised to see that you`ve been charged already. And if you cancel at the time it is still less than a day, you are not actually avoiding the fee despite you see that those listings are still active and have less than a day left.

Is it intentional sneaky way to force listing fees and taking the option to end listings within a day to the ending time, or a tech glitch? 

Called eBay, a rep was saying something about 50 free listing was the issue (of course it is not, as even the listings in question have starting day July 1, and those 50 free listings are from July 1-August 1). A manager reported it, and looks like she hasn`t seen it before (although she assumed it happened because of the system set up).  

Check your account from today forward for such sneaky charges and cancel BIN listings 1+ day before ending to avoid being charged.

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

eBay is proactively charging August listing fees for supposedly 31 day July listings

If they are 1+ day, then go ahead and cancel today and tomorrow (going forward until eBay fixes it), but if they are 24 hours or less as of right now, it is already too late-you`ve been charged today and will be charged again when they end. So double charge, not triple.
Message 16 of 54
latest reply

@beautifulbeauty2012 wrote:

Just got off the phone with a Billing supervisor I spoke yesterday, and she said that the fees from yesterday would be refunded in September.

I informed her that the double charge is happening today, and that eBay still hasn`t fixed the problem. She reported that (I am shocked -those guys had a whole month to align billing with active time, yet they didn`t), but she was unaware that all listings ending within 24 hours or less already been billed as of today, and the problem is ongoing.

Get your credit now. Don't let CS brush you off until next month. They're just hoping you forget. If it can be credited next month, then they can credit you today.

Message 17 of 54
latest reply

brian@ebay People are being charged in error due to eBay's insufficient and ineffective code testing policies and procedures.  I think it's unconscionable that people are expected to wait over a month for the funds to be returned.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 18 of 54
latest reply

I am in the same boat I am losing my allotted listings at a rapid pace and the listings they are saying I listed and used still have over 12 hours left on them before they rollover. which they will not because I end all my listings early! Just got off the phone with CS and they submitted a ticket to Technical Team, and they would contact me in 48 hrs! I will be out of listings by then. I am livid!

Message 19 of 54
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Per the new rule, GTC supposed to be charging now on the same day every day starting July. However, it is not the case. I got charged after 30 days (old format) while those items were/are active on the old billing cycle. 

If you watch to end the items you don`t want to be relisted, you will be surprised to see that you`ve been charged already. And if you cancel at the time it is still less than a day, you are not actually avoiding the fee despite you see that those listings are still active and have less than a day left.

Is it intentional sneaky way to force listing fees and taking the option to end listings within a day to the ending time, or a tech glitch? 

Called eBay, a rep was saying something about 50 free listing was the issue (of course it is not, as even the listings in question have starting day July 1, and those 50 free listings are from July 1-August 1). A manager reported it, and looks like she hasn`t seen it before (although she assumed it happened because of the system set up).  

Check your account from today forward for such sneaky charges and cancel BIN listings 1+ day before ending to avoid being charged.

Hi @beautifulbeauty2012, we are looking into this now. I'll update this thread when I have more information. Thanks for reporting this! 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 20 of 54
latest reply

brian@ebay   Hi Brian, the same problem is happening for me.

tree*fern
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 21 of 54
latest reply

A strange variation is also happening on one of MY accounts -- 4 items which do not expire for another 1 day plus 15 hours have been deducted today from my 50 free listings.  However, when I checked the item numbers for the items that had been charged, I discovered that the 4 item numbers were not the CURRENT item numbers, but item numbers that had been issued by eBay in April 2019 (and which had obviously expired on April 30).

I called eBay about this, and they are adding me to the list, with the POSSIBILITY of a credit appearing on my account.  (I won't hold my breath. . ..)

So check the item numbers for the items for which you have been charged -- they may ALSO be defunct item numbers from April.

Message 22 of 54
latest reply

Had 3 items listed on 7/1/19 set to end today 8/1/19.

Charged fees for relist on these items 7/31/19 but they are still active.

Called CS which was a waste of 37 min. she had no clue and no idea what the problem was.

She said we must have been out of free listings when they were first listed. Not even possible, 

they were among the first items listed on 7/1/19 ( 500 free listings with a store).

Ebay needs to get it together and refund all the sellers for their mistake... 

Its hard enough to manage items with the idiotic GTC mandate, but now we have to watch them do a money grab

and hope unsuspecting sellers will not notice it...Nice payday for Ebay

Message 23 of 54
latest reply

No, the items I was charged for started on July 1, with a cycle July 1-August 1. Every seller was double charged for this mess for the items ending within 24 hours (still ongoing issue)

You see your items started on April 1 because you didn`t end them manually and they rolled over automatically. But by supposedly new policy, your listings were supposed to end on the same day they rolled on in July (2nd I guess).

Message 24 of 54
latest reply

Note: still no announcement from eBay, only about "important' things such as 15 star sellers. 

I alarmed them 40 hours ago, wasted so much on the phone and on the board, yet still no word/communication in form of a message from eBay about this "glitch". Apparently, this has been going on from July 20, wonder how many people checked their accounts between July 20 -now. Found this article:

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2019/07/23/ebay-gtc-changes-throws-some-sellers-for-a-loop/

Message 25 of 54
latest reply

Well, that does not explain mine.

2 relisted this morning and were not to relist until 8-2,

I should say they are still counting down to relist but the number of listings I have this month is 2 less.

When I clicked on the 2 is showed these 2 listings as relisted...

I can cancel them... the listing already show 2 taken from my store allotment.

I am just wait for tomorrow to see if they take 2 more when they really relist.

CS kept talking about being refunded and my free listings. I pay for a store I have no free listings. Basically if I incur any expenses the will refund BUT if listings just disappear from my store allotment... oh well!

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 26 of 54
latest reply

The Can of Worms has exploded ...

... and eBay will probably say:

• "We are looking into this"  see_no_evil
  • "We have opened a ticket"  hear_no_evil 
  • "We have forwarded your concern to the correct Department"  speak_no_evil
  • "We are aware of the issue"  Smiley Wink

Many sellers (and me) predicted this, because "this is par for the course for eBay."

Message 27 of 54
latest reply

Nevermind.

Message 28 of 54
latest reply

You say: "You see your items started on April 1 because you didn't end them manually and they rolled over automatically."

But theses are NOT the current item numbers -- all 4 of these item numbers ended in May. Although all 4 items are still on my current eBay site, all 4 of them have NEW item numbers, different from the ones from which eBay deducted from my 50 free listings. Weird.

A delayed rollover -- jumping from the end of April to the beginning of August? Have we entered a time warp?

Message 29 of 54
latest reply

@greg5000 wrote:

The Can of Worms has exploded ...

... and eBay will probably say:

• "We are looking into this"  see_no_evil
  • "We have opened a ticket"  hear_no_evil 
  • "We have forwarded your concern to the correct Department"  speak_no_evil
  • "We are aware of the issue"  Smiley Wink

Many sellers (and me) predicted this, because "this is par for the course for eBay."

What do you expect them to say?  We are waving the magic wand to fix it?  The Blues on the boards have said they forwarded the problem to those were investigating and will get back when they have info........  that's all they can do........

Message 30 of 54
latest reply