cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is proactively charging August listing fees for supposedly 31 day July listings

Per the new rule, GTC supposed to be charging now on the same day every day starting July. However, it is not the case. I got charged after 30 days (old format) while those items were/are active on the old billing cycle. 

If you watch to end the items you don`t want to be relisted, you will be surprised to see that you`ve been charged already. And if you cancel at the time it is still less than a day, you are not actually avoiding the fee despite you see that those listings are still active and have less than a day left.

Is it intentional sneaky way to force listing fees and taking the option to end listings within a day to the ending time, or a tech glitch? 

Called eBay, a rep was saying something about 50 free listing was the issue (of course it is not, as even the listings in question have starting day July 1, and those 50 free listings are from July 1-August 1). A manager reported it, and looks like she hasn`t seen it before (although she assumed it happened because of the system set up).  

Check your account from today forward for such sneaky charges and cancel BIN listings 1+ day before ending to avoid being charged.

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

eBay is proactively charging August listing fees for supposedly 31 day July listings

Here is the screenshots for one example, which I took at 5:46 PM ET on July 31 showing that the relisting fee was charged 14 hours ago while time left in the old cycle : 9 hours 42 minutes.

I had 29 items, which were charged proactive fees on still active listing. One item sold on the old cycle, but eBay already charged a renewal fee.

Message 2 of 54
latest reply

Is there eBay support on this board?
I am expecting eBay to fix it and refund those fees, as I didn`t want to relist those items in the first place.
Message 3 of 54
latest reply

I just checked my july account activity and find I was charged 8 insertion fees for items that have not even relisted yet. All 8 items were listed on July 1st and are set to relist on August 1st. I have had other random "insertion fees" charged when I still had free listings to use and it just takes so long to try and straighten it out on the phone that it is not worth the 2 or 3 dollarsdollars...Beginning to seem intentional...I bet it adds up for them...

Message 4 of 54
latest reply

So, I was charged on July 31 for the listings, which were still active (listed on July 1 and were supposed to end on August1, but on August 1, another fee (from free allowances) hit for THE SAME LISTINGS in addition to already proactively charged fees!!! Unbelievable, eBay! 

Message 5 of 54
latest reply

I'm having the same problem. Ebay took 9 of my July listings allotment and applied them before they ended (these were items that ended Aug. 1). Since I only had 7 free listings left they charged an insertion fee for 2. So this morning (Aug. 1) I thought I'd see what happens to the listings that I was already nicked for yet were still active, they ended today and not surprisingly I was hit for them again (against my Aug. listings). 

Message 6 of 54
latest reply

This happened to me as well. I was out of my allotment on the July 31, but I got charged for 20 insertion fees on this day which were scheduled to end on on Aug 1. I called eBay, and a CSR issued me a fee credit for those listings. Today, Aug 1, I wake up to find some of those very same listings being deducted from my new monthly allotment even though they technically already renewed me yesterday. I am very confused and angered by this, and I need some type of explanation.   

Message 7 of 54
latest reply

The same problem here, some of my items end tomorrow but i have been charged for them today.

Message 8 of 54
latest reply

I have the same problem. I listed around 200 items first of July. I've been following them to know when to end the listing and did it this morning a hour and a half before they ended. I just checked my account and found I was charged insertion fees for all 200+. That's over $50 in fees! Believe me I will be refunded for this!

Message 9 of 54
latest reply

All the problems that sellers have had since GTC have been beneficial for eBay and harmful for us as sellers. What's happen Ebay?
Message 10 of 54
latest reply

Just make sure you don`t delay and cancel active listings with 1+ days from now on, not less 24 hours or less, as eBay will keep charging every 30 days (without relisting), then again on the actual ending time.
Message 11 of 54
latest reply

eBay said GTC is good for us and not intended to collect more fees. Right.
Message 12 of 54
latest reply

I have 2 listings ending in 22 hours but eBay had already taken 2 of this months allotment. 

CS can see 7-2 to 8-2 and 22 hours left AND can see the item #s of both items being rolled over as GTC.

I was told to keep a list! As if I dont have enough to do... SMH!

I suggest eBay allow anyone with a store to have unlimited GTC (since we do pay for these listings) until they fix their system.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 13 of 54
latest reply

I think if i don't delete my listing that end tomorrow I'll be charged for them again, so I will pay 3 times for them the 2nd o July  the first of August and tomorrow? Because their listing end tomorrow.  Automatically or manually will be the same

Message 14 of 54
latest reply

Just got off the phone with a Billing supervisor I spoke yesterday, and she said that the fees from yesterday would be refunded in September.

I informed her that the double charge is happening today, and that eBay still hasn`t fixed the problem. She reported that (I am shocked -those guys had a whole month to align billing with active time, yet they didn`t), but she was unaware that all listings ending within 24 hours or less already been billed as of today, and the problem is ongoing.

Message 15 of 54
latest reply