cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the system running so slow?

Is anyone else having troubles making new listings...For the past three days when I go in to make up a new listing, when I click on something in the information spot it does nothing for minutes at a time...If you look down at the bottom it shows circle spinning and spinning for ever...My pictures disappear...When you click on a spot my cursor doesn't show up...It's pissing me off!!!

I have 20 or more new listings to post...Thousands of dollars worth of parts to get posted and I have only got 3 done in the past three days...I don't have time to sit and wait to post items...I have got other work to do...

I can usually fly through a new listing by using the sell similar feature...It is taking ten minutes or more to do one listing...WTH is going on??

Nothing but troubles since eBay took away the Classic View and stuck me with the new piece of **bleep** Selling Overview...I Absolutely Hate the new page!!!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Why is the system running so slow?

What browser are you using?

At least one user has said that switching from Chrome to IE or Edge allowed posting. It might be worth trying another browser such as Firefox.

If possible, try switching to the new listing tool, if that option is available.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/cannot-list-new-items/m-p/31718066/highlight/true#M82...

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

I have noticed that much of Ebay has been slow to load over the past day or two, even just reloading a page.  This slowness is not occurring on other sites using the same browser.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

eBay admitted to me in chat that they know of this glitch but so far have not resolved it.

When I don't list, my sales suffer as everyone knows the algorithm rewards consistent listing. 

Sales are suffering - feedback is suffering

Why do they not place a sticky post saying they acknowledge the issue and are working (quickly) to resolve it???

Switching to a different browser IS NOT the answer 😞

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Agreed.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

hi,

montreal canada, since 2 days

with google chrome ebay is very slow

but same time with edge

no problems  very fast

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

@athematiccollector 

with google chrome ebay is very slow

but same time with edge

no problems very fast

Try clearing your Chrome browser cache "for all time" and possibly manually deleting your ebay.com cookies. If that does not speed things up, try temporarily disabling browser add-ons to see if one is slowing things down.

Edge and Chrome are both Chromium-based browsers and should have similar behavior aside from history, settings or add-ons.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Hi, I have the same problem. All the other websites I go into I don't have a problem. Have messaged ebay Techs would said they would come back to me, BUT.......................................................NOTHING!!!!

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Change Your Browser.

It's worth trying the new listing using a browser like Firefox.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

When opening Ebay in Edge it hogs +2Gb's of memory... add this to useless ebay search -> absolutely unusable.

Beats me how this site is ruined this badly. 

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

There could be several reasons why a system is running slow. Here are some common causes:

Lack of available memory (RAM): If the computer doesn't have enough memory to handle the tasks being performed, it can slow down the system. To fix this, you can close some programs or consider upgrading the memory.

Too many programs running: Running too many programs simultaneously can slow down a computer. Close programs that you are not using or consider upgrading your computer hardware.

Outdated hardware: If the hardware in the system is outdated, it can lead to a slow computer. Consider upgrading the hardware to improve performance.

Malware or viruses: Malware or viruses can infect a computer and cause it to slow down. Install a reputable antivirus program and scan the computer for any threats.

Fragmented hard drive: Over time, files on a hard drive can become fragmented, causing the system to slow down. Run a disk defragmenter to reorganize the files on the hard drive.

Overheating: Overheating can cause a computer to slow down or even shut down. Ensure that the computer is kept in a cool, well-ventilated area and that the cooling system is functioning properly.

Operating system updates: If the operating system is not updated, it can cause the system to slow down. Install the latest updates and patches to ensure optimal performance.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

When opening Ebay in Edge it hogs +2Gb's of memory... add this to useless ebay search -> absolutely unusable.

If trying another browser does not speed things up, try temporarily disabling your ad blocker. If that helps, the problem may be related to certain ad blocking filters being triggered by sponsored listings. Try disabling any "anti-circumvention" filters in Ad Block, ABP filters in Ad Block Plus or corresponding filters in other ad blockers, and see if that allows the ad blocker to be used without slowing things down.

If you are having problems searching for specific things, someone may be able to provide some suggestions if you can describe the issue.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

AddBlocker was the problem.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

AddBlocker was the problem for me to.

Thanks

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

100% Adblock...  This also affects searches especially when trying to filter (such as for sold items,  sorting, etc.)

Not only does this punish sellers for using Adblock, it punishes buyers who become frustrated and end up buying nothing, especially when their end locks up in the sorting of listings for pricing.   Since promoted listing fees are likely the only thing keeping eBay afloat right now ya just gotta deal with it or turn Adblock off.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply