cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the system running so slow?

Is anyone else having troubles making new listings...For the past three days when I go in to make up a new listing, when I click on something in the information spot it does nothing for minutes at a time...If you look down at the bottom it shows circle spinning and spinning for ever...My pictures disappear...When you click on a spot my cursor doesn't show up...It's pissing me off!!!

I have 20 or more new listings to post...Thousands of dollars worth of parts to get posted and I have only got 3 done in the past three days...I don't have time to sit and wait to post items...I have got other work to do...

I can usually fly through a new listing by using the sell similar feature...It is taking ten minutes or more to do one listing...WTH is going on??

Nothing but troubles since eBay took away the Classic View and stuck me with the new piece of **bleep** Selling Overview...I Absolutely Hate the new page!!!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I thought it was just me. eBay is so slow now, it is barely usable. Minutes to load anything.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Turned my adBlocker off. Problem solved. Geez eBay, what is wrong with you?!

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

@i_m_a_u-m_b-n 

And if you disable your ad blocker, does that speed things up?

[edit -- I see that it did]

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

NO it won't, just admit it needs to be fixed.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

I just tried removing Adblock  and it did not work.   I guess i will listen to the Song Rocketman!

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

The site has only gotten slower and more lagging for me over the past year or so. It is so bad that it actually reminds me of dial-up internet which makes selling and buying a huge pain. I've read how Adblock extensions are supposedly the reason for this, but I believe that this should be fixed instead of expecting eBay users to remove the heavily relied upon extension/s.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

The site has only gotten slower and more lagging for me over the past year or so. It is so bad that it actually reminds me of dial-up internet which makes selling and buying a huge pain. I've read how Adblock extensions are supposedly the reason for this, but I believe that this should be fixed instead of expecting eBay users to remove the heavily relied upon extension/s.

There may be different things causing slowdowns for different users.

The ad blocking issue involved one particular filter that was inappropriately triggered by valid search results. In that case, disabling the one particular filter sped things up and still allowed users to continue to block ads.

If things have been slow for you for a year, then chances are eBay does not know about your issue, and you may want to explore some different things to see if the slowdown is associated with a particular browser, browser version, setting, add-on or extension.

If things are suddenly slow right now, what seems to be slow for you?

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

I have been trying to list an item for 5 days and when I try, the page is totally unresponsive and the "Wait or Exit" pops up repeatedly. I have tried different laptops, and switching from Chrome to IE without resolution. At this point I have given up on listing anythiing on EBay. .... Sad

Message 23 of 23
latest reply