cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot list new items.

I have been trying all evening to list new items and I get a totally unresponsive page. Cannot click on any of the item specifics to add. Does anyone know what is going on? Thanks! 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

cannot list new items.

I just saw a similar complaint on the Member to Member board.

See if any of the suggestions in my response make any difference:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/I-can-t-list-because-the-page-is-unresponsive...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

cannot list new items.

Same problem for last 2 days.  Cleared cookies and cache.  No help.  No change to OS (Win10) or browser (Chrome).  Do not have this response problem on other eBay pages.  Very annoying!  Wish eBay developers wouldn't mess around with code that works.  Hope problem resolves soon.  Trying to list anything is painful.  Will try to use another browser and see if that helps.  Again, very annoying!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

cannot list new items.

Yes!! I haven't been able to list anything for 2 days.  All other websites, pages, internet, etc are working fine.  It's definitely the Ebay Listing page.  I can't even click the boxes, get a curser to show up in the description/text box...nothing.  It keeps asking me  to "wait" or "leave page".  I hit wait over and over and over and it took over 40 min to get one thing listed last night.  I hope they get it fixed soon.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

cannot list new items.

Just tried to create a listing using IE and it worked fine.  I switched to Chrome a long time ago and creating a listing was fast until 2 days ago when it took forever.  So, my guess is the problem is with eBay and Chrome.  Nothing changed on my system.  Wonder what changed with eBay's code, specifically as it relates to creating a listing???  Hope someone at eBay looks at the problem soon as I prefer using Chrome.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

cannot list new items.

@shastasvintage 

@stuff-n-such 

@action76 

Been having the same Problems - - -  Slow on the Up-take  - Very Unresponsive and Sluggish ...

if You have the 'Preview New Selling Tool' Option (Upper Right on Create Listing Page)

Try clicking that  -  (took a minute to switch - 1 or 2 'Unresponsive' Messages) but

No Problems to Report after Switching to the New Listing Tool ...

It is Much More App-Like, and took a little time to get used to but works Much Better.

Best of Luck...

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

cannot list new items.

Same here.  I tried the new listing tool, which I hate, and it doesn't work right either.  This morning it is still not working. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply