cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is happening to my UPC codes?

I have been selling for sometime on eBay. In the last few days my UPC codes have been disappearing at random. We list boots with tons of variations. Each boot size has its own UPC. Lately eBay began removing my listings because the UPC was missing. What!! we have entered each UPC by hand. This kills our sales and the ability to update inventory by UPC code. Also you end up selling items that are not in stock. I  have called eBay but they refuse to let you talk to technical support. And customer support has absolutely no clue what you are talking about. 

Wits end!!!

Bubba

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: What is happening to my UPC codes?

I too am having this problem of disappearing UPC and EAN codes and Brand names.

It does not seem to be a particular manufacturer as I have a few that remained in place and rest of the products form the same manufacturer lost information. So that would suggest that the product codes entered are valid. They were accepted when entered.

I spoke with Support and was told that this happens because the information is being added/or revised after the itme was already listed - this does not make sense to me.

All our products are uploaded from our website so we would have to discontinue the link, delete each and every item and relist it as new item on eBay only. 

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

I personally believe Ebay is doing this on purpose so that we don't add variations and pay for more individual listings.  They are losing out on profit just as much as we are. 

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

I am having this problem. The UPC codes I have entered disappear when I revise a listing or select sell similar. I am using both the app and web. Very frustrating. Am I doing something wrong?
Message 33 of 35
latest reply

@yabe4stuff

This is an old thread. You might start a new one. Heidi may have moved on to another deptartment, although I have seen a post or two from her.

I have not seen this issue reported since April. A new thread might gather others who may now be having the issue again.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 34 of 35
latest reply

It is October 17, 2019 two years after this post has been created and I am still having the issue

Message 35 of 35
latest reply