cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating my info on seller account

Ebay will not allow me to update my info on my seller's account.  I have tried for weeks.  On the "Verify your existing details" page  after clicking "next" I get "Something went wrong. Please try again later" on the same "verify your existing info page."

Ebay states my account will be suspended if I don't update in 3 days if I don't update.

HOW CAN I UPDATE IF EBAY WON'T LET ME???

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Updating my info on seller account

Seems like Ebay actually tries to make it difficult getting answers.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@stonecabin wrote:

Ebay will not allow me to update my info on my seller's account.  I have tried for weeks.  On the "Verify your existing details" page  after clicking "next" I get "Something went wrong. Please try again later" on the same "verify your existing info page."

Ebay states my account will be suspended if I don't update in 3 days if I don't update.

HOW CAN I UPDATE IF EBAY WON'T LET ME???

Sometimes it is only a simple fix that you can resolve by speaking to eBay. There is an easy way to contact eBay support during this time when they have minimal phone support. Just go to help & contact at the top of this page, and select the chat option, if it doesn't come up on it's own.  I have used the chat option five times now and every time someone has responded within five minutes. They are very friendly and have resolved all of my issues in minutes. It's quite easy to use and available to everyone. You will also receive a transcript of the entire conversation for your records. Best of luck to you.... 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I did and I just go around in cirlces back to the same page with no chat option.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If you are having trouble signing up for Managed Payments, there are some good troubleshooting tips to be found in this thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/Managed-Payments-Registration-Walkthrough/m-p/31092219#M79735

Common issues involve making sure your eBay account type matches your checking account type (personal account vs. business account), making sure your name is spelled exactly the same on both accounts including any middle name or initial, and making sure you are using the correct routing number for your checking account. I believe that you may need to use a street address rather than a P O Box as well.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If you have to contact ebay, need to contact the payments team.....not general help.........  Go to the summary page and on the right side you "may" have a little 2 square box thing with a phone icon and a ? mark.  Click on the phone and it will give you the opportunity to be called back......in x minutes.  Best time to try is early in the morn..... right now there is a 54 minute wait and I've seen it much longer.

Box is only there during working hours........ 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific time.........

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Seems like Ebay actually tries to make it difficult getting answers.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It's a mess. I've been trying to resolve an eBay-FedEx overcharge on an item sold on Halloween. I tried chat, phone... they just stonewall and read script.

Next month it's time to Arbitrate the claim. I emailed Concierge and attached all the backup and put *** PAST DUE *** in the subject line.

I got a payment of $1.24 referencing an entirely different order into my Paypal account with a note saying this settles the dispute. There is zero reference to this payment in eBay.

I tried chat again. Even though the script no longer applies, they still regurgitate it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I re-emailed back Concierge saying I've applied their payment to the balance and to pay now to avoid Arbitration.

Yeah, I'm gonna sign up for MP.  Not!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You have to provide your SS# and banking info now. If you don't do that, it won't update. 

I think it's a terrible decision to ask for this info, given that ebay's site has been hacked multiple times in the past, and the hackers will now have access to our SS#s and banking info.  And ebay shares this info with some obscure payment processing company in Amsterdam.  .. But ebay decided that it wanted this info for people to continue selling on the site. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply