cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store promotions/markdown manager not taking

This weekend, none of my sales would take. I put my entire store on sale as I always do and the sales said "active" but, no items were put on sale all weekend. 

I called ebay Saturady, was told I could try it again, so I ended up trying to get the store on sale via categories, all inventory, a few items. Not one item went on sale.

Background, My store has been on sale via markdown manager for 8-10 years.

Its always on sale, its just marketing and it works. I could drop my prices by 20% but I dont sell as well. I reun my sales for 48 hours, they end at 10am, I get them back on by 11am.

One ebay rep saturday told me it was active and should be working. The ebay rep I called Monday morning, just now, told me there needs to be a 48 wait between sales?

Ive never heard of such a thng, definately not with markdown manager and the first ebay rep didnt mention anything.  The wait for cs has been brutal, even for those of use doing 500k/yr in sales. Im wondering if their new help has no idea what they are doing.

Is anyone having this problem?

My half solution is to ower my entire store prices by 20% and not use the sale, its not the same and if ebay is really incorporating this nonsense rule to save them bandwidth or some such thing, they just cut my sales. The issue with lowering my prices is they recently removed the edit 500 items at a time option. Its down to 200. I keep hearing its a mistake and they are working on it but that means with my 5000 items , I need to edit 25 pages, which is about 2 hours just to get to a half measure spot in sales.

The worst part of all of this, today usps is starting a package count to see if they can get me on a special pickup route. Well guess what, allmost no sales all weekend. I do 15 packages a day typically. Today I did 2. So our one chance of getting a special pickup route is going down the drain. USPS has picked up for 10 years but the past 2 years, carriers keep leaving our route. Everytime, were in between we get no pickups multiple times, no scans multiple times. Even on days when I see no carrier and physically take it to the PO, there is 100 packages on the counter and we get scanned late, they just thrown them in a mail cart.

Ebay keeps saying "upgrades" but everything Im seeing is a downgrade. Already lost 20% fvf for something that didnt effect us. Now the 10% left ($400 mo.) is dwindling becasue usps hates ebay. If we had a regular carrier its fine, this is beyond our control. So if that discount is gone because I cant get scans even if i take 55 weekend packages to the post office (This is a big job box full, like not fit in the car amount). I efefctively lose $800mo.  And before anyone says ups or fedex, trust me , weve priced and no small affordable packages for the little things, we'd be paying much more and still having issues with pickups and tracking.

Everytime some new change comes, I jump through the hoops, everytime it costs me money and time. I literally have ran down the street yelling after a mailman to get pickup my stuff, which has been picked up from a lockbox at this location for 5 years.

So back to my question, anyone know if its true that you must wait 48 hrs before putting the same items on sale? Anyone use markdown manager until a few days ago having the same problem. 

I'm already very annoyed so trolls ont reply, ive sold 23,000 items on ebay and call and email constantly trying to keep up with all the misteps. The beginning of the year it was terror returns, no fvf's applying without me calling, sometimes multiple times. Now I cant get a scan and ebay knows this is an issue, now I cant get my store to do the same sale it has for years, now I cant get cs n the phone for 45 minutes or merchant support email response for 4 days.

AAARGGH

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Store promotions/markdown manager not taking

i put a note at top of store: Welcome,We have been changing some prices down ward without running sales The new eBay policies on sales & promotions have been confusing,ask a question on any item & we will often send an offer. ....................END..............
i have been going to my store look at first page of best match(that's of course the area of most potential buyer activity) constantly tweak prices,watchers are mailed each time price drops,sometimes ending an item with lots of watchers helps and relisting all of those watchers gets an email an item they were watching has been relisted maybe drop that price as much as i can and remove the best offer check mark before relisting also,sometime manual tweaks help more anyway keeps me paying attention.i look at it as doubling my chances for a sale and is really equal to having more items for sale.
I'm just giving sales a rest for a while my advice may not work for your product,my product sometimes sales are a turn off,hate to admit it but have raised prices on some items that haven't sold and they have sold nearly immediately no kidding.(doesn't happen very often)
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Old questions are obsolete...........  New rules were put into effect in late June, then changed...

As of now...........  New items and 30 day relisted items have to wait 14 days at same price before they can be put on sale.  GTC listings don't have the waiting period, except for the original start of the listing (not the rollover).   IF you choose items that are not  in that window.........and start a sale.......if they become eligible (meaning they have done the 14 day waiting period) during the sale period they will be automatically added. 

alan@ebay

lock the thread because of old info?

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 18 of 18
latest reply