cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Sales are known at all.

What has happen to Ebay? We were getting sales regular. Now it just a  trickle. Every sense their new update. Are buyers even really seeing items. Every time they update are change something Sales plummet are down to a trickle. 

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: Slow Sales are known at all.

Wow!!  My sales are almost non-existent.  I have sold 4 items since May 1st.  I have a lot of watchers but no buyers.  What is going on??  I was expecting big sales at the beginning of this month with Mother's Day, but it never happened. 

Donna
Message 16 of 48
latest reply

If you search for items, as I buy alot of my items to resell from sellers on ebay, The search feature has a new filter.  Been that way for over a week now I think.  One that removes a ton of results, going from 2 pages of items to maybe 10 items listed on a single day. You have to check a box to include the rest, that even though it

s front and center is easy to overlook as you aren't expecting anyone to filter out results for the exact items you are looking for.  Often those are items that have the exact words you are searching in the title but omitted in your results by some Computer programmers program for a site he has probably never used to search for unique items which he has never done.  Another well it isn't broke so let me fix that so it won't work as expected or buyers are used to.  

Yes my sales are also down.  from a 99.9% sell through rate to an 85 percent rate with few watchers on unique items that were selling for 5-10 times what they are now a couple of months ago. 

Great to give away inventory I have never had before and may never get again. 

Message 17 of 48
latest reply

@randyshotrods 

The search feature has a new filter. Been that way for over a week now I think. One that removes a ton of results, going from 2 pages of items to maybe 10 items listed on a single day.

Are you referring to the following message?

eburtonlab_0-1621465786544.png

eBay has been displaying that message when searching using the "Price + Shipping: lowest first" sort order for a while now -- since 2017, I think. Is it possible that you recently changed your default search sort order?

If you are using a saved or bookmarked search, unsave the search, use the "View all results" link and then save or bookmark the new search to skip the intermediate "relevant" results.

Message 18 of 48
latest reply

Ebay sending me email with this:
"Update your payment details by 31 May 2021, or you could lose your ability to create and edit listings"
but when I click on UPDATE DETAILS
is see this:
"We will email and notify you in My Messages on eBay when you can register to have eBay manage your payments. eBay will require all sellers in the United Kingdom to register for eBay to manage their payments in 2021."

Real circle of unlogical things ?!?!
Maybe the slowly sales are caused of bugs like that, how do you think ?

Message 19 of 48
latest reply

March was horrible for sales and I've been doing this for 15+ years. Worst month ever. Never would get any resolve calling Ebay.

Now May is becoming another "worst ever" months. Ebay has finally admitted to having glitches, but they always want to try and put it back on me as a seller. Getting extremely frustrated with Ebay. It's like they want me to leave and use another platform. Of course they know how much work that would be for me too.

Constantly get reminders from Ebay to "lower my prices" and "promote" - so I need to lose money by lowering my prices and pay more money to Ebay with promotions. Doesn't make sense.

My hope is sales with once again return where they were.

Message 20 of 48
latest reply

We have same issues. No sales long time.  worried  !!

Message 21 of 48
latest reply

I just recently tried paying for an item, but it wouldn't let me (I left a post about that in this forum). I've tried everything over the course of at least 3 hours. I wonder if you have customers who didn't pay or cancelled, if they're going through the same problem I did. 

I noticed eBay has given me the title of "enthusiast," but I'm as far from enthusiastic as you can be with regard to eBay right now. Guess I'll just hit thrift stores in town and hope they have what I'm looking for.

Message 22 of 48
latest reply

We are experiencing the same issue over the last few months,  I have tried coupons but still slower then normal.  I was getting 80 to 100 orders over a weekend, not I am happy to get 20-25 orders.  Now that I see others with the same issue, It has to be something different eBay is doing.  Also has anyone had an issue with the new way they have claims?  One went missing, thought the customer had closed it but it turns out it was still open, I just could not see it, I contacted eBay and all they said sorry but we see it on your account, it was not there for 4 days, why after I contact them with the issue of missing claim it shows up on my account, sounds very fishy to me, they had already closed the case and issued a credit to the customer ( I cannot issue a claim for it because I mailed in an envelope with no tracking it was only $2.50)  I am not happy there are others with the same issue, but happy I am not the only one.  We need to but eBay daily on their ebay for business facebook page, maybe then they will do something.......

Message 23 of 48
latest reply

My sells are also down about 70%. I have never seen sells trickle like they have with days of no sales something definitely happened with this update

Message 24 of 48
latest reply

I have been selling on ebay for years and have never seen anything like this! I used to sell around $100.00 a day and now? Not a single sale in over a week! Ebay needs to get their act together or stop charging me a monthly fee for my two ebay stores!

Message 25 of 48
latest reply

my sales drop %90 percent!

Message 26 of 48
latest reply

Slow/No sales is NOT eBay's fault= eBay is not responsible for sales and/or lack of...

eBay supplies the platform for sellers and it is up to the seller to make that site work for them.

Successful online selling is all about the product; quality, uniqueness, supply & demand, target market, price points,etc,etc,etc...

For the past 1-1/2 years the online selling world went crazy with online sales, but with the Covid vaccine and some restrictions being lifted in many countries, the online selling world is changing again...

For the first time since Covid, much of the world is starting to enjoy the time of year...online buying may not be so much a priority...

Trends change, buyer habits change...

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

I think what it is, is that you have to select the promotions button and Ebay is hoping that you raise the percentage as high as you can to get view increase. I did this change on a few items and they sold right away. My guess is they want a bigger cut of the piece of your pie than they are used to. Sounds like corporate greed to me.

Message 28 of 48
latest reply

I am noticing the same thing.  Sales are almost not exsistant.  I cannot find my items when doing a search for them.  I suspect it is a combination as well as Ebay's  algorithms. Meanwhile fees continue upward. 

Message 29 of 48
latest reply

@bigg46360 

Can you give an example of an item you cannot find by searching, and a description of your search (or your search URL)?

Message 30 of 48
latest reply