Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Listing to Facebook Error

devon@ebay 

@paulibeverlyhills 

@bigbondy 

The thread here has been closed due to the age:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Sharing-Listing-to-Facebook-Error/m-p/342... 

I hope that we can continue our discussion here in this new thread that I just started. 

FYI here is a screenshot of the response from eBay Community staff earlier this morning in the now-closed thread.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 101940.png

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Sharing Listing to Facebook Error

The banner just states Facebook is unavailable.  I don't know about others, Instagram doesn't work for me either.  I know Facebook and Instagram are owned by same company and the setup instructions even state that your Instagram page must be connected to Facebook page.  I am assuming this is why Instagram doesn't work either. 

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

@butanecards 

@butanecards wrote:

The banner just states Facebook is unavailable.  I don't know about others, Instagram doesn't work for me either.  I know Facebook and Instagram are owned by same company and the setup instructions even state that your Instagram page must be connected to Facebook page.  I am assuming this is why Instagram doesn't work either. 

I am sorry, I do not use Instagram so am unsure about the status of sharing listings to Instagram.

devon@ebay 

Can you confirm that Instagram is also unavailable at this time for sharing listings?

Message 17 of 36
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@butanecards 

@butanecards wrote:

I am sorry, I do not use Instagram so am unsure about the status of sharing listings to Instagram.

devon@ebay 

Can you confirm that Instagram is also unavailable at this time for sharing listings?

Hey @mcdougle4248! Let me reach out and see if I can get some more insight on this and I will let you know once I hear back!  

Devon,
eBay
Message 18 of 36
latest reply

devon@ebay 

Thank You 😊 I appreciate it!

Message 19 of 36
latest reply

Confused. After weeks of not being able to share listings on FB, I tried it today, 3/5/24. My first listing went to my FB page. I thought "great-it's back". HOWEVER, any subsequent  attempts failed with the same warning as previous that the PAGE was MISSING. Peculiar. Any suggestions from anyone who has responded to this issue.  I assume it's a glitch, so do I report it, or are we just not supposed to be able to post listings on FB? Thanks, pauli

Message 20 of 36
latest reply

@paulibeverlyhills 

I still can not link my FB account to the Social page, so sharing is not possible from the Social page (Seller Hub>Marketing>Social).

As of this evening, I CAN now share to FB both from the listing page and by using the dropdown list to the left of the listing on the Manage Active Listings page. This flow to sharing to FB had not been working on my account for months.

I am sorry but I have not seen any updates directly from eBay regarding the status of this issue.

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@paulibeverlyhills 

I still can not link my FB account to the Social page, so sharing is not possible from the Social page (Seller Hub>Marketing>Social).

As of this evening, I CAN now share to FB both from the listing page and by using the dropdown list to the left of the listing on the Manage Active Listings page. This flow to sharing to FB had not been working on my account for months.

I am sorry but I have not seen any updates directly from eBay regarding the status of this issue.

Hi @mcdougle4248 , our teams are working closely with Meta to try to resolve this issue as fast as possible, but sellers will have issues linking until it is resolved. The interface changes on Meta’s side had a cascading effect on our software, which is resulting in this issue. We hope to resolve this soon!

Message 22 of 36
latest reply

kayomi@ebay 

Thank you for the update!

Message 23 of 36
latest reply

It's been weeks since this feature stopped working and they put the banner up regarding the Facebook sharing link. Is there any chance of an update or ETA for a fix?

Message 24 of 36
latest reply

@jdsalinger08 wrote:

It's been weeks since this feature stopped working and they put the banner up regarding the Facebook sharing link. Is there any chance of an update or ETA for a fix?

I bet this has to do with Facebook. They changed some of their meta data or something because I used to use an app to sync my contact images and it stopped working a few weeks ago. 

Message 25 of 36
latest reply

devon@ebay and kayomi@ebay 

Any word on this yet? I just tried again to link them and was unsuccessful. I am able to share my Instagram posts to my Facebook page, which is my only saving grace at the moment.

Message 26 of 36
latest reply

Says linking them worked but they still show as not being linked in the social tab.

Message 27 of 36
latest reply

This has been more than annoying- since ebay wont link to FB - it automatically unlinked me from Instagram as well and I cant link back.  Not being able to utilize this feature that is part of what we pay for is affecting my sales- anyone elses sales being affected? Has anyone asked ebay about partial refunds for services not able to be used? 

Message 28 of 36
latest reply

@tgamblin1679 

Yes, I agree that this unresolved issue is annoying. I am still manually creating posts on my FB business page, however, doing that is more time-consuming compared to using the Social page to share my listings.

I have not had a drop in sales that I can directly attribute to this issue. I am sorry to hear that your sales have been affected (negatively).

As far as requesting a partial refund of fees, I do not have any experience doing that about technical issues on the site. 

Message 29 of 36
latest reply

AND... we can, as of this morning, add Instagram to the list. Oy Vey!!! 

Message 30 of 36
latest reply