cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Capital Loans from Funding Circle Application Link Not Working

On the Seller Capital landing page, when you click the "Apply Now" button it takes you right back to the Seller Capital landing page.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi all, 

We’ve noted that some sellers were unable to access the “Apply Now” link on the eBay Seller Capital landing page.  The eBay product team has corrected the issue that was causing an error for some sellers when accessing the link.  The link should work for all eligible sellers now.

Elizabeth,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 15 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Try a different browser. Preferably the latest version of a popular desktop browser with default settings and no add-ons enabled.

If you are referring to the "Apply Now" link that appears on this page:

https://pages.ebay.com/ebaysellercapital/

It leads to an application page on fundingcircle.com for me when I am signed in to my eBay account.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

I've tried with current browsers of Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge. I've also tried on the app. All do the same thing. What browser are you using? I didn't have an issue when they used LendingPoint for their Seller Capital.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

The link works for me using Firefox, Edge and Opera on a Windows 10 machine.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Just tried with the web browser on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S22+) and it did the same thing. I guess I'll wait for a tech to chime in. Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

The link generated by that button is account-specific; it may be the case that using a different account and following that link would produce a different result -- not that that helps you actually get a business loan for your business account.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Hrm...so if I already have a business loan from Seller Capital through LendingPoint I wouldn't have access to the application for one through Funding Circle, perhaps?

How do I get someone from eBay to chime in here? I don't want to wait on hold on the phone with them. No time for that.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Hrm...so if I already have a business loan from Seller Capital through LendingPoint I wouldn't have access to the application for one through Funding Circle, perhaps?

Possibly, though I would hope that the coders that put that page together would have foreseen such a case and would have an actual message indicating that rather than bouncing you back to the original page.

How do I get someone from eBay to chime in here? I don't want to wait on hold on the phone with them. No time for that.

I don't know whether the customer service folks that do call backs would be able to help with this sort of issue; it might be worth contacting eBay via social media:

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

It might be worth posting about this on the Seller forum to see if anyone else who has a current loan can load the application page or not. Far more sellers read there than on the Technical Issues board.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

not working on chrome or safari for us either

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

It's not working for our account either.  I click apply and it just blinks on both our Desktop computers and on my phone. 

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Same here, just refreshes the page and wont go to any application. tried on multiple devices and browsers. hope they offer a solution I could really use a loan like this right now!

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

It is certainly broken, it's not on your side. eBay needs to step in and fix it. 

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Go directly to their website to apply.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

I dont think that will work, the eBay rep I spoke with said the link is personalized to your shop (your sales metrics having a impact on the offer) so going to their site to do it wont provide you with the personalized offer.

I put in a ticket, heres hoping they figure it out would really help to get a nice loan based on my actual income 

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Hi all, 

We’ve noted that some sellers were unable to access the “Apply Now” link on the eBay Seller Capital landing page.  The eBay product team has corrected the issue that was causing an error for some sellers when accessing the link.  The link should work for all eligible sellers now.

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 15 of 23
latest reply