cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics

This thread is dedicated to reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics. Please share details including screenshots, steps to recreate, etc. This thread is not meant to be a place for in-depth discussion of the situation, but to be a  place for you to provide us detail into what you're seeing so we can pass this on to the appropriate teams.

Please know that off-topic discussions in this thread will be moved to their own threads. 

For the most recent updates on this issue please review the Announcements Board.

Message 1 of 389
latest reply
388 REPLIES 388

women’s clothing category

dresses - size specific present

skirts - missing

trousers - missing 

tops - missing

as posted earlier, the only way to enter size for the last three categories is to put in the size type specific first....something which is NOT obvious but found by ACCIDENT

Message 331 of 389
latest reply

@threetabbycats 

Hi, threetabby. IMO they cannot just flip back to what did work prior to October 15...because everyone was encouraged to keep listing and revising using what ebay published on the 15th. If they did roll anything back prior to the 15th, it would severely affect anything that was relisted or revised on the 15th and beyond. I have no clue how this mess can be cleaned up...I use a 3rd Party listing/database program not related to ebay and I now have nothing but true garbage that has now affected my program. Now I need to figure out how to clean that system up. Good Luck to you and everyone else. And I am no where near a techie, all it takes is common sense.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 332 of 389
latest reply

@abfabvintage

Hi! I'm not suggesting they roll back! I know that would not work! I am suggesting that they fix everything they broke and the broke alot! Good luck with your 3rd party clean up! Ugh! Poor you! Poor all of us!
Message 333 of 389
latest reply

I have had technical issues in regards to listing items. I no longer have the option to have my items auto relisted up to 8 times if the item does not sell.

Where did this feature go?

Message 334 of 389
latest reply

@dhbookds 

Hi, DH. I swear I am NOT trolling you but have followed you since the "button down shirt" fiasco. The screenshot you just left...it shows category Mens, yet there is Maternity referenced? Or is that the incorrect drop down? Sorry if I sound stupid, but...

Message 335 of 389
latest reply

@threetabbycats 

Hope I didn't sound like lecturing which happens a lot on here lolol. All my 3rd party guru is give me the downloads direct from ebay developers. He sent me that I think 2 days ago...that just tells me from what he gave me, key IS have NOT been addressed. If I list a MENS category denim jacket, I don't need to see WOMENS. And as dhbooks said here...he evidently emailed the IS "team" to get some fixes. Am sure they are being slammed from all sides...3 weeks? Not acceptable. This IS process was ebay's answer to the "new" catalogue not working for us vintage or pre-owned items. They are trying, I believe, to match up to what the existing Catalogue (I have never used it my life) has and intertwine IS for pre-owned. That is all I can figure out what is going on here. Hang in there...and god bless us everyone lololol. 

Message 336 of 389
latest reply

which listing tool you we're using? Can't you provide one item id? 

Message 337 of 389
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote:

@dhbookds 

Hi, DH. I swear I am NOT trolling you but have followed you since the "button down shirt" fiasco. The screenshot you just left...it shows category Mens, yet there is Maternity referenced? Or is that the incorrect drop down? Sorry if I sound stupid, but...

@abfabvintage 

No problem, that's a screen shot from an earlier post I made, I think......  on 11/5 I got notification that they had eliminated everything except Big & Tall and Regular and enter your own......essentially correcting the errors in the screen shot.  I just checked and that correction is holding.....showing only the size types of B & T/Reg/enter your own.    The only reason I got notification (I guess) is that I had sent the problem to the email address  shown a message or two down.

Message 338 of 389
latest reply

eBay-- every single one of my 303 active listings still has errors of missing information.  Please provide an update on how you are working to resolve this issue.

Message 339 of 389
latest reply

For a year or so, the field "original/reproduction" in the art category has been problematic.  Prior to that time, I would enter "original print" manually, but then I was unable to, and was told it had too many characters, but it was only the amount of characters necessary to accurately answer that field. You see, "original" would generally indicate something like an original oil painting, or an original sketch, which is not (at least in the vast majority of cases) what I'm selling. However, "reproduction" would generally indicate a mass produced poster (generally a lithograph) on thin/cheap often glossy paper (which, again, in the cast majority of cases, is not what I'm selling either). A hand pulled screen print or archival giclee (which I sell many of) would be considered an "original print" not an "original" or a "reproduction."  After the recent sales tax collection change (which was not described in nearly enough detail in advance, but that's another story), I needed to increase prices by 0.75% to account for the PayPal fees on sales tax, but I was unable to do so on art listings with a blank "original/reproduction" field.  Just this afternoon, I was able to do a bulk edit on price without adding that field, but I don't know why I was able to today but not Monday through Wednesday.  If you are ever going to require sellers to enter the "original/reproduction" field, you need to allow for sellers to enter their own notation, as the ones provided by eBay are not sufficient for all items.

Message 340 of 389
latest reply

I cannot fully complete the item specifics requirements any longer. The editing function is not working. I can fill in all the fields except one - it is titled "CUSTOM BUNDLE" - what ever I type into it - it wont accept it - and remains blank here is a screenshot of the field.  

This applies to all my listings in the following category

Home, Furniture & DIY > Cookware, Dining & Bar > Baking Accs. & Cake Decorating > Decorations & Cake Toppers > Cake Toppers

The problem is across both my eBay sites, it makes no difference if I try to edit in either Safari or Chrome.

Meanwhile eBay continue to remind in the seller hub - "that my item specifics are not up to date" 

Message 341 of 389
latest reply

Why have we not received an update since 10/30???
Message 342 of 389
latest reply

@greenloaded 

Morning, green. Last announcement on 10/30 related more to Seller Hub and saying problems were resolved. lolol. They are not resolved. Regarding item specifics, on this past Wednesday Chat Alan replied an update will be given in the "upcoming days." Have no clue how long that means.

What I would like to know is how the "team" will respond to each of these replies here. Or, as dhbooks has said upthread here, he emailed direct to the IS team and seems his suggestions were heard and they fixed his concern.And I also have no clue how all of these fixes will be addressed and sent out to the ebay general public. Good Luck. 

Message 343 of 389
latest reply

Hi, my hub was working yesterday after I reported the problem on here (thank you), but now it is broken again today. I have had sales and my daily total shows zero again.

Thanks for your attention.

Tia
Message 344 of 389
latest reply

Good Afternoon, To Everyone ~ Problems are not all Resolved, and it's Friday, November 8th, Where are all the Elves To Fix This Stuff??????

Getting Nervous for the Holidays, I feel like they have put me in a Beta Testing, which I was told Yes, you are. Why would we do Beta Testing, when this Season means so Much To Everyone On Here, Including Our Buyers. When I called a few days ago, they promised to have it all up and running smoothly. Not As Of Yet, On my end, Has anyone been told we are in testing? Thank You ~
Message 345 of 389
latest reply