cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listing Impressions 85% down?!

Hi all,

My promoted listing impressions have bombed (down between 85% and 95% a day) since October 11th. It seems like they just got reduced massively in their effectivity.

Have asked eBay and they keep referring to technical support and that they'll get back to me but this hadn't happened 4 times over now.

I've gone from 50,000 impressions a day down to about 3000. It's killing my sales.

Anyone have any ideas? I've been told it's a 'bug' that can take up to 60 days to fix... I've been told it's an automated process to check payments are processed correctly... I've been told it's 'just not very busy at the moment... Lots of different things.

Organic views have stayed constant. Just promoted listings have dropped by that amount.

I haven't changed the % allocated and my account is in good standing with no defects or outstanding issues.

If anyone can help with any suggestions I'd be really grateful before I pull my hair out!

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Promoted Listing Impressions 85% down?!

This is spot on according to CS that I just spoke with.  I was told none of the other 5 times I called recently about this had me added to this ticket by any of the other agents so encouraging others to call should hopefully help everyone.  This is a massive problem!! Thanks for posting!

Message 31 of 46
latest reply

Yes thanks. we need to gather audience and more sellers so eBay can listen...

I still don't believe its as high priority to them as it should be. 

we are calling 3-4 times per day too!

Message 32 of 46
latest reply

Will definitely keep you posted if any updates come our way

Message 33 of 46
latest reply

Received correspondence from eBay late this evening regarding the issue being fixed. Confirmed this with my listings and other sellers listing placement spots.

What a rough week. Glad it appears to be fixed.

Message 34 of 46
latest reply

Thank you Frugality_Inc, for your persistence in this matter and solving this! It is greatly appreciated. 

Message 35 of 46
latest reply

Thank you finally !!! What a stressful week !! So glad everyone made those calls and frugality thank you for the update ! 

Message 36 of 46
latest reply

hello , can you tell us exactly how long it took to "fix ITself", im in the same situation right now. all i get from ebay is that they have submitted a tech ticket. 

Message 37 of 46
latest reply

yes the same issue that i am facinghere my dropped 90 percent in those days and i also gave so many times a feedbacks to them but i still cant find the right solution to move on if you guys know about it then plz guide me.

Message 38 of 46
latest reply

Anything New to add to the discussion? This is still a problem

Message 39 of 46
latest reply

I'm having this same issue since the exact day I got sucked into managed payments. Impressions down 88% and page views down 80%, as well as promoted listings, whether heavily promoted(i even tried 50% rate) or barely promoted, both yielding zero views consistently. It has destroyed my sales and ebay won't answer regarding the subject. 

Message 40 of 46
latest reply

I contacted ebay about all of this, promoted listings not working, page views down 250k per day, being charged insertion fees despite promotional offer covering me for 200 free.....ebay lied to me and claimed they had no idea about any of this and would have it fixed and contact me. They didn't do a thing. This is intentional. 

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

exact same here, ebay just keeps lying and brushing us off

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

Passed week or so this has been happening again. Promoted Listings are not working. When I look at the search engine, it shows my listing at the top of the Sponsored listings but every sale I make in the last 2 days is organic. This is unprecedented as the vast majority of my sales are through promoted listing.  Sales have dropped like crazy. Something is very wrong.

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

I was under the impression there were adjustments made to the counting matrix rather than real-time changes. 

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

Yep same day I signed up for managed payments, my impressions for promoted listing decreased 95%. This is just unfair at this point 

Message 45 of 46
latest reply