cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Uploading Photos for new listing

Anyone having problems with uploading photos for new listings today?

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

How many days are you going to let this problem LINGER eBay? Are my store fees and FVF going to be stopped until you fix this platform?

I CAN'T LIST. Why are you ignoring customers who are PAYING for a service they are NOT receiving? It's been two days now. Is anyone even working on this?

Message 16 of 42
latest reply

Ditto, another mess

Message 17 of 42
latest reply

For those who are still having this issue, I have now been able to avoid it. Any drafts you have saved waiting for pictures to upload, you may as well scrap them. 

I can now list, but can't use any of the drafts waiting for pictures. You may need to start fresh. 

Thought I would share my progress, since eBay seems unable to tell us sellers anything. 

Message 18 of 42
latest reply

I can get even more specific than that..   So I just tried something.. I reimported my photos to my PC of the listing I was trying to make when all heck broke loose.    So... the photos I imported yesterday off my phone are the same I just imported today.  Some of those I imported yesterday still won't upload.. And thanks for your comment here btw..     It's something in the image details possibly a date/time that is affecting photos.   Once it hangs yer toast.. But I just opened a draft... with newly cropped photos from the same file and good to go... as soon as I tried to upload one of those "bad" files it hangs the whole thing..   and then you gotta X out and start over..  I have no idea what exact details are hanging certain files from the last few days...  but I think I might be on to something here.

Message 19 of 42
latest reply

I have the same problem as of this afternoon.  The first photo I try to upload will only load 39% and then the others do not load at all, just spinning green circles. So of course I cannot list my items.

Message 20 of 42
latest reply

That is exactly what I had to do too. Its working pretty good for now but sometimes it happens to a draft and I have to trash the photos and move on to  the next item. The first day that this happened, I wasted 5 hours on trying to figure out how to get around it....I got so frustrated  not knowing if it was me, my computer (I had just updated to Windows 11 the day before) or ebay.....I kept going back and forth between computers, uploading different photos, working with my WIFi, trying everything because I thought it was an issue on my end....

It certainly would be nice if EBAY could find a way to put an update out or a message saying that there is a problem with uploading and they are aware of it and are working on it.......Then we would know and could move on to something else until the problem is solved.......instead of thinking it was on our end.....I love EBAY and my job, but I get so frustrated when I have to give give give all the time with nothing in return from EBAY!!!!

This was an extremely big issue and many sellers were affected......Step it up Ebay and find a way to message the sellers of problems on your end when something this big happens.....you find a way to message us if we are doing something wrong....why can't you when you are having issues?????

Message 21 of 42
latest reply

I read the posts in that link(above), and tried cropping a copy of one of my pictures, and it uploaded! But, the question is why? The create date of the file didn't change, only the size.  The weird thing is, all of my pictures for a certain listing, say 10 pix, were shot at the same time(anytime from recently to a few years ago), and yet only 1 or 2 pix won't upload. What makes those 1 or 2 pix different from the rest that were shot at the same time?

Some eBay glitch? Any ideas, anyone? 

Message 22 of 42
latest reply

I had issues uploading a few days - was fine - again today 2/21 cannot upload photos.  

Message 23 of 42
latest reply

Sketchy .... works sometimes ... other times hangs on 43%.

VERY frustrating!

Help Ebay - fix this!

Message 24 of 42
latest reply

I'm having the same problem as I see others are posting about it as well.

Sunday, I was listing items just fine then on about the 4th one, the problem began.  Nothing but a turning circle.  I switched browsers to no avail.  Rebooted multiple times to no avail.

I called eBay and the rep checked into it saying others were having the same problem and the techs are working on this issue.  It's been 24 hours already and still not fixed.

Message 25 of 42
latest reply

One solution the phone rep told me I could do is use another photo hosting site.  I have one of those free ones I use for forums, etc so I tried that using the "Import From Web" link ebay provides us and it uploaded to ebay just fine.

It does go through the turning circle thing a moment then goes right on through.  Since the image link now starts with https : // i .ebayimg .com / images/..... (I purposely broke the link up) .... It now appears to be on ebay and not the photo hosting site.

So doing that does indeed allow the photos to go through just fine.

Message 26 of 42
latest reply

My uploader has been down since Thursday. I have tried pretty much everything everyone else has tried, but the uploader seems to only want to upload 1 and a half photos before it stops. I contacted customer service and was told that they are aware and working on it and that my account has been noted. Friday and Saturday are my big listing days. I really hope this gets fixed soon.

Message 27 of 42
latest reply

It's already working for me.  I don't know if eBay fixed it or if what I did earlier with the manual upload from a photo hosting link did the trick.

But now I been uploading pic after pic without a problem.

Message 28 of 42
latest reply

Having the same issues here on desktop (iMac)...uploads stopped working. I tried Chrome and Safari, same problem. Same problem for both the drag & drop and the + upload button. Photo loader keeps stuck at 100% then doesn't show first photo. Second photo just keeps showing the green circle. 

Edit: I have started both from scratch and from concept mode. Neither worked. Can't post anything now!

Message 29 of 42
latest reply

Aycee ... read what I did above because it's working fine for me now.

Message 30 of 42
latest reply