cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus signs between words in "Search"

When I enter sveral words in the Search Box Ebay's search engine has started inserting the plus sign (+) between the words (example:   beer+goblets+glasses).  With the plus sign between words it will not do a complete search so I have to manually delete the +'s.  It never used to do that and it just started a couple of days ago.  How do I get it to stop doing that? It's driving me crazy.

Message 1 of 82
latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

Re: Plus signs between words in "Search"

I am also having exact the same issue.
Message 31 of 82
latest reply

I am having the same problems. This is ridiculous. A billion dollar global company should not have such ludicous issues. These searchs need to work so we can buy items when they are available. Why a corporation would allow these problems to go for so long is asinine. Does ebay not want us to be able to find things to buy? I would think the answer would be no as ebay profits from sales. Get this search problem fixed asap ebay.

Message 32 of 82
latest reply

Like others I have putting up with this since it started. By not fixing this '+' issue it not only effects buyers as well as the sellers. Why is there no urgency to correct the problem?
Message 33 of 82
latest reply

Come on! Fix the dang searches!
Message 34 of 82
latest reply

2 weeks of this **bleep** an still no fix! This is significantly impacting my outlook on ebay(negetively).

Message 35 of 82
latest reply

Yes, I forlornly check this thread once a day to see if anything is done.

Message 36 of 82
latest reply

I too have noticed this problem within the last week+and+a+half+or+so. (lol).
It does not matter what browser I use, same results.

As discussed by others, when saving a new search or editing and saving an old search:

1) The ebay system has recently started adding the plus sign between search terms stored in the “Keyword” column of the Saved searches area.

2) Now when clicking on “View Items” of one of the newly saved searches from the Saved searches area, the system not only populates the URL of the results page with plus signs between search terns (normal) it now adds them between the search terms that appear in the ebay Search Bar (new behavior).

3) All my saved searches with the plus sign issue give “0 results for...” when clicking on “View Items” as it passes the plus sign search terms on to the ebay Search bar on the results page yet the system is still sending me emails with valid results from the same corrupt Saved searches.

Older unedited Saved Searches provide results when clicking on “View Items” as there are no plus signs stored in the Keywords area to pass on to the results page Search bar, however...

The timing of this issue coincides with another search problem I reported. The number of “Accessible Search Results”. After a manual or saved search, the system may report “300 results for...” but I am only able to view 30 and there are no more results pages available to click through. Another, I may have “3,000 results for...” but I am only able to page through 900 results among 5 pages before the system stops providing more pages of results. I even had “7 results for...” but only two displayed.

I definitely believe the two are related as I noticed both started causing problems for me at the same time.

P.S. Anyone/everyone reading this and having similar issues please take note of the “Tell us what you think” link on the far right of the search results page(s) and report the problem(s) as I am sure this is affecting a lot more people than those of us posting here.

I hope this helps.

Message 37 of 82
latest reply

Same problem.  Please fix.

Message 38 of 82
latest reply

Same exact issue here... I have used advanced searches for many years without any issues.  Now all of a sudden the last 30 days, any new searches I create insert the + symbol. 

Tried 5 different PCs and multiple browsers on each PC.  It's not a browswer thing, it's not a Windows thing, and it's not a cache thing... it's an EBAY issue... FIX it ASAP please!  You have known about this for at least 30 days now...

Message 39 of 82
latest reply

This is seriously annoying now.

Please sort ot out ebay 😞

Message 40 of 82
latest reply

Same problem! It is already April 9 and NO FIX!???????
Message 41 of 82
latest reply

I'm betting it's one line of code, a misplaced url encode or some such thing

Message 42 of 82
latest reply

What kills me is that it's a change, not an addition.  Saved search is a feature that has worked well for years and years, and some tiny tweak has broken it.  It's not that hard to correlate user complaints to a code change, but there's not enough of us complaining for them to notice and give it a minute of developer time.  "If nobody's screaming, it's not broken."  We're sure screaming, but we're such a tiny drop in the ocean of all users that they don't even hear us.

Message 43 of 82
latest reply

Still an issue for me.

Message 44 of 82
latest reply

Same issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 45 of 82
latest reply