cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures deleted from newly re-listed items!! Whats going on???

This has been reported on the seller board. All of my (and many others) newly re-listed items have the photos deleted. The thumbnail photo still shows, but when you go into the listing, there are no photos.

A few of my affected items are:

Can anyone from ebay find out what's going on and if our photos can be recovered?

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

I am also experiencing this issue. Unacceptable! I mostly list using GTC. Just noticed this problem as I was updating my return time frames. When I revised them the gallery picture came back but not any of the other pictures from my listings. For my older items I do have pics from camera saved but lately I have used my phone to photograph and don't always have them saved after listing so if I have to re-photograph all affected I will not be a happy camper. What's the chances of them recovering all this data? 

Message 31 of 65
latest reply

I would love if they actually addressed site issues on the following pages.
https://www.ebay.com/sts
and
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/bg-p/Announcements?nobounce

Back in the day they actually used to inform users of known issues on the announcement page. Now we are kept in the dark which is extremely frustrating. I would appreciate some honesty/transparency from a company I have been doing business with since 1999 which is possibly slightly longer than some of the techs at Ebay have been alive....
Message 32 of 65
latest reply

I apologize if this "workaround" was mentioned already I didnt see it. It's only a minor fix for now, but if you do a blank revision of the listing with no pictures (click revise and then make no changes just click save changes at the bottom) then you get the main picture back but not any others. This will at least give customers the chance to see A picture. The eBay rep I spoke too said that the "technical team" (if they can even call themselves that) is working on the problem and should be able to get everyones pictures back. She couldnt gaurantee it but she said thats the latest info the reps have received from the "IT" guys. She also said the views issue is the main thing they are working on now and she submitted and escalted a report on both issues for me as this was the third time I've called in about it. These reps are doing the best they can. I aplogized to her for being so angry and I told her you guys should be angry too because your bosses are hanging all of you out to dry and making you deal with irrate customers for their screwups and she said "yup thanks for saying that" lol. Boy eBay has lost almost all of my respect. I suggest to others to start using facebook, offerup, etsy, amazon, and anywhere else you can think to help supplement lost sales due to the ineptitude of eBay.

Message 33 of 65
latest reply

This is a known issue and eBay says they are working on it.

Here is the workaround that you can do for individual listings or in bulk for ALL your listings (if you don't want to waste time trying to find the affected listings:

For one listing - Click Revise, then submit. You don't have to make any changes.

For all listings - Check the box above the individual checkboxes to the left of your active listings to select all. Click Edit. Again here, no edits are necessary. On the Bulk Edit page, click Submit changes, then Confirm and Submit, then OK. Your photos will be restored.

Meanwhile, eBay encourages all members affected by this bug to call and report it. Click Call us at the bottom of this page:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/technical-issues/technical-issues?id=4220&st=2&pos=1&query=Techni...

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 34 of 65
latest reply

I just said all of that lol except you're incorrect when you said "all your photos will be restored" no they wont only the main (first) picture is restored not all of them
Message 35 of 65
latest reply

@superior_collectibles,

I was using my macro...noticed you didn't mention the bulk edit option (for sellers with dozens, hundreds, or thousands of items) which was why I posted.

If not all photos are restored, you should call eBay and report that. They said all photos will be restored. (I tested on my own listings, but the ones I tested all had just one photo.)

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 36 of 65
latest reply

As I stated I did call ebay, they are the ones who gave me the workaround and specifically told me that only your main photo would be restored. If you have 12 pictures only 1 will be restored, if you have 2 only 1 will be restored. They said that is all she could personally do for me, any further resolution will have to come from the technical department she said.
Regarding the bulk listings editing.... you are correct I did not specifically mention it because I guess I assumed it was understood that you could edit all of your listings the same way. Thanks for making that clearer to some people who may not have understood that part of the solution the way I put it. Keep up the great work here on the community
Message 37 of 65
latest reply

Hi everyone, 

I've been advised that the issue with photos not appearing on relisted GTC items is now resolved. 

Please let me know if you're still experiencing this issue. 

Thanks.  

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 38 of 65
latest reply

While the issue stopped happening on more recent GTC auto-relists; the onces from days ago are still missing pictures. The level of technical and other incompetance on a site that has been well-established for OVER TWENTY YEARS in inexcusable. Also why was no official announcement made about the problem?

Message 39 of 65
latest reply

"I would love if they actually addressed site issues on the following pages...www.ebay.com/sts"

And on that page is displayed: "All services in Good Health" next to every category, so how could there possibly be anything wrong. laughing "QC OK" -- if only it were on a small oval shaped gold colored sticker!

(We're all mushrooms now.)

Message 40 of 65
latest reply

EBAY, PLEASE TELL US WHAT IS HAPPENING! TELL OUR CUSTOMERS WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!

I have over 1500 listings and have no idea how many are affected. If I have to re-shoot and re-list hundreds of listing it will take WEEKS!!!! The missing photos literally tells my potential customers that I DID NOT LOAD PHOTOS. This is FALSE and MAKES ME LOOK LIKE A BAD SELLER! I only found out about this issue because potential buyers are emailing me asking for photos. HOW MANY POTENTIAL BUYERS HAVE JUST MOVED ON???!?!?!? I AM LOSING SALES. This is not an opinion IT IS A FACT!!! The buyers who have contacted me are LOST SALES because I have no photos for them to see!!!

This is 100% eBay's fault, and, as usual, they do nothing to inform sellers that there is an issue and what is being done to fix it.

Message 41 of 65
latest reply

Well said! And agreed.

Message 42 of 65
latest reply

Same problem here. I didnt even notice until i had customers contacting me to upload pictures . More then half my listings the pics just vanished . **bleep** is going on?

Message 43 of 65
latest reply

Message 44 of 65
latest reply

BTW all my views also vanished and just show -- now

Message 45 of 65
latest reply