cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payout failed

Ebay says might be something wrong with my bank account info. It worked for you yesterday and nothing has changed. Please advise.

Message 1 of 113
latest reply
112 REPLIES 112

Re: Payout failed

I took out all the money from my checking account and the balance is 0 now, just in case Ebay has another one of their glitches , but the other way, and attempts to take money from my account. Who knows with Ebay. 

Message 76 of 113
latest reply

Read Ina Steiners update about this  on EcommerceBytes. maybe she will get their attention. it is shameful that they Ebay  hasnt posted anything about this.

Message 77 of 113
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone - there was an announcement just made about this issue, you can review it here

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 78 of 113
latest reply

I had the same message today on a payout.  Yesterday a payout went through my bank but it took 3 days to get into the "pending" column in my bank.  I was directed to check my bank information or call my bank.  I can't edit the banking information in my profile because there is no edit button.  If it does not show up as "pending' in my bank account, there is nothing the bank can do.  They can't find a phantom payment.  When I checked eBay, it says I have 00 to send out, so my payment is stuck in limbo.

I've decided to close out my eBay sales as soon as I'm paid for the two items I have left hanging. This is not a pleasant way to do business.

I preferred PayPal.

Message 79 of 113
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

I'm just thinking that if they have a page like status it needs to be updated....religiously.

I agree. Likely the person whose job it is to update the status board is waiting to hear back from the folks that are running around trying to diagnose and fix the problem.

As usual, the discussion boards (or the comments at downdetector) are the place to find the latest available information, assuming it can be spotted hidden among the deluge of individual "Anyone else having a problem?" messages.

Have you ever seen an update on the status board showing something was noted as kaput, not working, broken, needs repairing etc? I don't think I have!!! Having to google for known problems just sounds very wrong.

-Lotz

Message 80 of 113
latest reply

There was a "service interruption" notice on the status board for a brief period this morning, long after many of the threads noting the problem appeared, and also long after the yellow banner notice appeared on the Help & Contact page.

That status board seems to be more of a lagging indicator than an early warning system.

Message 81 of 113
latest reply

Their announcement indicates that:

This issue has been resolved and all affected payouts were re-sent on December 2nd.

In truth... our Payments file indicates the status to still be:

Processing Preparing to send

We'll believe the issue has been fully addressed when the message in our file is changed to:

Completed Funds Sent

The frustration here... is that in the early morning hours we were also told that the funds had been sent... only to receive the "Declined" message several hours later.  One can surely understand how sellers might still be skeptical at this point.

Message 82 of 113
latest reply

Me too this sucks

Message 83 of 113
latest reply

We finally received confirmation of "Completed Funds Sent" again this afternoon at approx. 2pm (Pacific time).

We normally see the funds in our bank account on the next business day after eBay initiates the deposit transfer.  We'll see what we learn tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to the day when eBay does not simply shut down all communication with sellers when situations like this occur (and they will).  It took over 8 hours before we finally got official word from eBay that sellers didn't do anything wrong... that there was no problem with our banking information as we were first told.  We deserve better.

Message 84 of 113
latest reply

To confirm:  The Dec. 2 payment did arrive overnight at our bank and the funds are now available to us.

Message 85 of 113
latest reply

I have tried and tried and tried to pay for an item I purchased Monday, Nov. 30th.  My credit card is linked to Paypal, and I have called my card company - there is no issue there.  When I try to pay on Ebay, it pulls up my Paypal, I click pay, it takes me back to Ebay, which says that I have successfully paid.  Four or five minutes later, I get an email from Ebay saying that I need to do it again.  When I look in my Paypal account, there is no Ebay transaction there.

Also, I have tried to contact Ebay customer service multiple times, saying yes, please call me.  I never get called, but I do get emails saying that they have tried to contact me. I checked and my phone number is correct.

Message 86 of 113
latest reply

Sorry, duplicate.

Message 87 of 113
latest reply

The saga continues....

eBay "Confirmed" that our most recent payment was sent shortly after midnight on Friday, Dec. 4.  It has arrived at our bank and is listed as "Pending" this morning.  That's the way it normally happens...  Appears to have worked correctly.

HOWEVER... this morning, eBay is now indicating that they have again sent the EXACT SAME PAYMENT  to our bank ... on Monday, Dec. 7.  The payment is listed TWICE.  One is confirmed on Friday... the other is referenced as our "Last Payout" and with today's date.  The only difference... is that we didn't receive a confirmation email about the supposed Dec. 7 payout.  In addition... though they list the duplicate payout on Dec. 7... the supposed deposit didn't change anything in our "Available" or "Pending" funds.  In reality... the "Last Payout" for Dec. 7... should be $0... as there were no available funds for eBay to send today.

This is a first... that we haven't seen before since placed on Managed Payments.  Just an other oddity... for the record.

Message 88 of 113
latest reply

I ended my items for sale! 

Ebay now doesn't provide phone support. I don't know if I'll ever be buying on eBay.

Message 89 of 113
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a payment the other day after about a week. Paypal I got the same day. New system sucks.

Message 90 of 113
latest reply