cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal/Ebay Shipping errors April 2017.

There have been 3 posts about this (that I know of) and they have all been deleted. This is almost 2 weeks and the problem still persist.

PayPal is aware of the problem, but as usual, eBay knows nothing about it.

Emailed Griff too.... of course he has not responded.

Here is what is going on (best to my knowledge and with PayPal Reps help too).

1. It's a glitch where when using eBay to print labels, PayPal is using the Backup Funding source first.

2. Which means if your backup source has enough funds, it will work correctly, but will not be taken out of your PayPal balance.

3. This means that the shipping label charge is coming out of your bank account or credit card.

4. If you don't have that set up or your balance is not sufficient in those backup funding sources, then the shipping label charge will not go through.

5. You can print Shipping Labels through PayPal's site too, but you may loose some discounts on the higher shipping prices. If you print shipping labels from PayPal's website, you can use your PayPal balance first.

6. When using eBay to print shipping labels, it uses your backup funding source first.

7. Thus, if you don't have that set up or not enough funds, it isn't going to work.

8. This is a huge problem that needs to be fixed right away. Those backup funding sources are for one time occurrences.... this constant deduction is eating away at our bank (or credit card) balances.

Two weeks into April and the problem still persist.

PayPal is aware of the problem, but has no idea when it will be fixed.

Ebay.... LOL.... don't waste your time with calling. 50% of the time you aren't going to get any answer to what is going. IF you have to call, just call PayPal. They are being upfront about the issue/problem.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: PayPal/Ebay Shipping errors April 2017.

@nicknicksellingstuff

Can you clarify 1 above? Am I misreading it or did you mis-state?

You said - "1. It's a glitch where when using eBay to print labels, PayPal is using the Backup Funding source first."

Did you mean - "1. It's a glitch where when using eBay to print labels, eBay is using the Backup Funding source first." ?

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

It's my understanding that the problem is fixed and PP is refunding overdraft charges to sellers.......

See this thread:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/PAYPAL-Glitch-CHECK-YOUR-BANK-ACCOUNT-350-00-Overdraft-fees-for...

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Ebay is not admitting any fault so thus it is a PayPal issue working in tandem with eBay.

The problem is at PayPal.... AND they are admitting it.... and working to get it fixed.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Not fixed for me. Just used eBay shipping and it charged my backup funding source again even though there is plenty of money to cover it in my PayPal balance. Evening of April 16, 2017.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Still not working for me.... evening of April 16, 2017.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

It was correct. When using eBay shipping (and you have your PayPal linked to eBay), your PayPal balance is *normally* used to pay for the shipping. PayPal has admitted that they have the problem and are working to resolve it meaning that the glitch is with PayPal when you use eBay shipping (from the eBay website). You can use PayPal shipping from the PayPal website and bypass some of the mess, but you won't get all the good shipping discounts with PayPal labels.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

If it's still charging the secondary source............I would call paypal, there may be a specific problem to your account.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

my paypal account has overy $400 available, but their glitch took shipping funds from my bank account. I had sufficient fund on PayPal. Their messup caused 6 overdrafts at $37 each. the bank removed 3 but i still have 3 I paid.  PayPal sent me via email a letter to take to the bank, but its worded in a way to suggest it was my fault instead of acknowledging any fault on their part. Im pretty peod about it. I closed the bank account. From now on I'll pay to have my money mailed to me.

I wanted to print out those post that discused the glitch to show the bank manager that this wasnt my fault, but I see PayPal removed them. It figures.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

You comment #2 is wrong. I had sufficient funds on PayPal. It was their mistake, not mine.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

It is May 2nd and I still can not print labels from Ebay. I have money on both funding sources with paypal and it is still not working. I refuse to use Paypal's shipping program as it is almost 50% higher than eBay's. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@nicknicksellingstuff Just checked PP and the shipping has been coming out of the PayPal balance on my account ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I called Paypal over this situation and you have to go in your account and "manually"  reset your prefrences, they have now changed it you have a different prefence for "online shopping i.e. ebay) and a different choice for in store purchases?? which I have never used but they have somehow changed the settings and all my shipping was coming from the bank account.  I changed it to "Balance" as first choice and it fixed it. The problem was if I did not have a balance and I tried to "buy" something through Papal it was declined so I had to go in and reset to bank and then back to balance, to ship, Big pain!!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

They are NOT refunding the charges they are giving you a very generic letter and "hope" your bank will give back, mine will not after first day, said it was my obligation to check my account daily?? Why I had no idea they were sending all transactions at $35 per overdraft on an account I only use for purchasing items so I do not "watch" it constantly since I know when I use it and by the time the "notice" was mailed/received I had over $600.00 in fees and spent hours on the phone arguing. I am in the process of changing banks over this, Paypal will not reimburse your loss, fyi!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply