cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers not working?

I have been contacted by 2 potential buyers saying they cannot accept the offers I sent them. My replies to their emails does not have an offer button and listing will not allow me to add Best Offer because I have offers out for listing.  I expect slow sales after Christmas, but not a complete STOP to sales as it has been. Anyone else suffering from this issue? Ebay implementing some new feature that has backfired on all of us again?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Offers not working?

Have you tried recommending a different browser to them to confirm it’s not a browser related issue? That would be my first troubleshooting advice.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Offers not working?

We have noticed that only the first email sent by a buyer has the "send offer" button. If you answer a question and they then the buyer replies, requesting an offer, you have to go back and locate their original email with the offer button. Needs to be fixed, but I doubt if it will be.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Offers not working?

Funny this came up... for the first time (a couple of nights ago) I sent out offers to watchers on like 30 of my listings. Low, low offers... I was hoping percentages would work in my favor.  I have only generated 4 sales off those, and have not heard from anyone saying "they couldn't accept my offers".

I have always had good luck with the 'send offer' through a buyer's messaging, though.

Which was your situation?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Offers not working?

@jnybuysell wrote:

I have been contacted by 2 potential buyers saying they cannot accept the offers I sent them. My replies to their emails does not have an offer button and listing will not allow me to add Best Offer because I have offers out for listing.  I expect slow sales after Christmas, but not a complete STOP to sales as it has been. Anyone else suffering from this issue? Ebay implementing some new feature that has backfired on all of us again?

could they be expired?  Have you tried sending again?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Offers not working?

They weren't expired, because I attempted to edit listing(adding Best Offer Button) and they were not editable due to open offers.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Offers not working?

Always pretty steady and consistent. I just had a revelation of sorts. I had 2 returns due to item does not fit and once I refunded both I went from zero (able to send offers) for last 3 days to 4. Literally fwent from zero to 4 ins 2 minutes after sending refunds. My guess is when those cases were opened Ebay has some filter preventing future offers and it glitched. Conspiracy I know, but pretty weird.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply