cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Motors Category in Search Field - Petty, but Still a Glitch

This has been this way for at least the past two years & while finding no answer as to why I got a "we're having a hiccup" message when trying to open a request to contact a US (supposedly) seller who is not responding to messages, I give up and decide to look for topics related to "No 'MOTORS' Category in Search" and again, don't find any topics.

So, Motors is not available for search, while it is there for browsing. Open eBay's main page, type in anything, like "headlight" and then click on the drop down box for categories... it (motors) is not there.

Again, not a major issue, but still a glitch. Maybe try fixing the small stuff and the major coding errors will right themselves because they're not running into dead ends?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

For 'headlights' it's on the left; 4,500,000 available. Then when you click the left 'Ebay Motors' you can now click 'Ebay Motors' it goes to 4,300,000 and then can be clicked on the right- although is now ABOVE the 'All Categories'

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I'm happy it was addressed quickly. We'll see how long it remains there. As You can see in the image I forgot to upload, it was not there and like I said, hasn't been for at least two years.

not_there.png

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I too have seen the same thing were sometimes it shows and other times it doesn't. I avoid the whole issue by using this as my saved page to open; Buy Auto Parts & Accessories | eBay

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

??

eburtonlab_0-1677737442463.png

I thought the criticism was that eBay Motors does not appear on the list of categories on the new Advanced Search page rather than the general search categories of other pages.

It is still possible to start a search on another page, change the category, and then go to the Advanced Search page to add advanced refinements to the original search, though obviously eBay should add the Motors category to the Advanced Search page.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

😮Eureka, You found it! LMBO. Maybe I was just blonde/blind or maybe it has vanished in the past, but I was looking for Motors, which would have been after "Jewelry" and before "Music"... I swear it wasn't there at all* before. Like I said, I was here searching for something else, didn't find it, really didn't care about it that* much, so I posted regarding this topic.

Thanks. I see it now; but maybe I am not nuts... redmodelt apparently had issues and made it easier for him/herself to avoid the problem.

Criticism? NM. Answer accepted.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Frankly, it was easier to type the keyword(s), select the category and then hit search. When Motors/ebay Motors wasn't in there, I had to do it basically the way You suggested; go into the category via browse. It was extra steps rather than type and click... w/o the drop down category, how many steps before refusing their dumbarse streamlining that obviously plugs certain companies rather than "normal joe(/joan)" sellers.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You are most welcome.

In fairness to you, it is certainly possible that the category was recently changed or renamed on that list. And I first looked for "Cars" then "Motors" then "Vehicles". Looking for vehicles under "eBay Motors" in an alphabetical list would not be my first (or second, or third) choice.

And the "eBay Motors" category is still missing from the Advanced Search page, so it is not like eBay never drops the ball when it comes to something like this.

eburtonlab_0-1677908291386.png

eburtonlab_1-1677908326042.png

Message 8 of 8
latest reply