cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newest Gripe with EBay search & items

I've now experienced this in buying & looking up sold items for comps.

Find an item, either currently active or a recently sold item (within 90 days, I know this happens and is normal for expired listings of sold items over 90 days old) and it pops as "This Listing (item #) has been removed, or this item is not available"

Before you stop and ask or state it... NO the listing has not been removed, NO the item is not unavailable, YES the item is an active listing OR it has been less than 90 days since it was sold.

Sometimes I need to refresh and it comes up. Sometimes I need to go back to search and re-click listing. Sometimes I need to close my window and reenter EBay. Sometimes I need to bash my head into a wall 10x before I can access it.

By the way, this is happening now with a seller I buy from very regularly. I figured, ok, I'll go to the seller's store and try to access that way. (I've already tried search and watchlist, both failed me). So I went to seller's store and then it showed seller had 0% feedback and no items for sale (Yeah, that's funny.) Refresh. Refresh. Refresh. Boom, feedback and listings show. Then goes back to 0% and no items. Try again a few times and the stuff is back.

EBay's glitches are getting old. Especially because I do a lot of this work late at night and I don't have the same patience when it's past midnight...

No, I'm not leaving EBay. I don't care how glitchy it gets, I'm a seller for the long run and I'm a committed buyer because I'm a seller (buy to resell). I'm just extremely frustrated. I know this glitch will go away soon enough, and will be replaced by a new glitch, and the glitches will rotate and revolve like a revolving door at a mall, but this is one of the worst and most interruptive I've faced thus far. Other glitches aren't that bad, this one literally prevents me from going forward with what I need to do.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Newest Gripe with EBay search & items

In the time it took me to type this, it ceased, for now. This has been on/off for at least 3-4 days now.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I have noticed it, too. You're not alone. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

ooo, now I'm having troubles with my Android App too. I just updated today. Before and After the update (so of course the app update didn't address this) I find my Watchlist is apparently empty from time to time according to the app. *POOF* my full or nearly full list of somewhere between 325-400 listings I'm watching disappeared into thin air.

Google Chrome Browser shows it fine, but is giving me trouble deleting/removing items from watchlist. Most people would say "who cares" but for me, 400 listings limit is extremely tight, so each spot on my watchlist is valuable "real estate" and I have almost a waiting list of items that need to get added. I think I need to start placing "place holder" bids on items so they go on my Bids/Offers list so I can store them there instead of Watchlist.

UGHHH If it's not one thing it's another.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

A glitch I have notice just started this week is I have to continually sign into my eBay account to access the Community.  I mean many times a day for the past three days.  I am prompted to select all the Castles on a page and I get the ok that I selected all the correct boxes and then the next page loads and says entry is invalid.  I have to sign in several times before I will have access.

Once I was looking at some items and I had complete access to someones else's account.  I thought it was my account until I realized none of the account information (address, phone number, email) was mine.  I thought maybe I had been hacked.  I restarted my computer to clear whatever caused that glitch.  

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I've had to log in to access the community repeatedly as well now that I think about it. Actually only happening on my phone (android) browser, not on my computer. I don't have to do the Captcha and login works fine the first time, but I've never had to log in before. I logged in once and it maintained. It was super odd...

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

repeatedly meaning every time I went to access community on my browser (phone)... happened for the past week I think.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I've pulled up my own items under my seller account but not logged in on android browser (chrome) and the count is off, so I think I've sold some items. Pull up the laptop, and nothing has sold. 

I've had to log in two days in a row to get here to the community too which is new. Not a fan especially because I have the "keep me logged in" box ticked.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

This has been happening to me EVERY day, for many months now, on my laptop with an external monitor and an external keyboard. Unbelievable that this has not been fixed yet. It happens nearly every time I click on a listing. It happens in both Firefox and Safari. It has happened to me countless hundreds of times! After I get the error page, to see the item, I have to remove all of the characters to the right of the item number in the URL, and then hit return. This always works, but is a hassle just to be able see a listing. Sometimes just refreshing the error page works, but usually not. I can't believe that sellers aren't furious about this problem which must be costing them sales. MacBook Pro 16 inch, OS Ventura 13:4:1, Memory: 64 GB.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

This is what I see when I click on a listing.

Listing.jpg

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

This is what I see for that item number

stephenmorgan_0-1692470444403.png

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Been happening for a while now. Searched for an item and it said it was the only one last week and then search again and it showed 5 more. Searched a listing I had 12 of and a few came up. Refreshed screen and then they all showed up. Did this quite a few times when searching for maps. Sounds like the textbook definition of hiding listings too me. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

This problem may be related to searches with too many search terms, which may be breaking the search URL or causing the individual item URL to break.

That might explain why the problem seems to only happen with certain searches or certain items with long titles.

See here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Long-search-strings-are-broken/m-p/339434...

Message 13 of 13
latest reply