cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Item Specifics

All item specific options have disappeared under the Men's Clothing > Shirts Category (Casual, Dress, Polos & T Shirts). Both mobile and desktop. Only Recommended Specifics are available. "Add Your Item Specifics" do not save. Revising an item in this category is also causing any previously saved Item Specifics to disappear. Please report & fix this issue. Without Item Specifics my customers cannot filter in search to find my item.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Missing Item Specifics

Tyler

I have an anchor store.

I have 153 items that were placed in the "casual button down" shirt category and they are "polo" shirts.

And

40 pants placed in activewear tops categories (185076 and/or 185082).

When is this going to be resolved? I am also still experiencing the "sub type" error when editing as well as "required item specifics" that are not relevant (in the suit separates mens category).

HELP!

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi everyone - 

We've gotten confirmation that updates were rolling out yesterday and should now be complete. Let us know if things look better now, or if you spot anything unusual. Thanks!

Men’s Polos Category is still seriously messed up. Missing vital specifics such as Size, pattern & material. Size type, color and style have no drop down options.

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

No they are not fixed. Item number 273383110324 still is in the wrong category. All polo shirts were moved to 'button down' which they are not. That is just one example of many.

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

I too am having an issue with Item specifics.

Trying to revise a current , running issue with a quantity ( trying to add more Inventory)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362237202123

and trying to revise A GTC listing that quantity reached "0" to add more items to it so it will go "live" again

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202223485436

Each time I get :

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

• Item specifics - The item specific Brand is missing. Add Brand to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.

The Brand Box clearly has Mattel in the field (and offers it below as option)

Cannot do anything with either listing 

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi everyone - 

We've gotten confirmation that updates were rolling out yesterday and should now be complete. Let us know if things look better now, or if you spot anything unusual. Thanks!

Just tried listing a men's polo in new catagory.  Still missing item specifics.  And when it gets fixed, will we have to go back and fix all the polos that got moved to casual button down? 

Also, it would be very helpful if eBay could update us on the status and what's going on. 

Wondering what kind of experience buyers are having while trying to search in the affected catagories??

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

tyler@ebay

Tyler,

Rather than give item numbers, here are examples where you “create listing” for used electronics from scratch. Various fields need improvements or better clarity of their use. If you need item numbers, please email. I don’t want to post a bunch of item numbers in this thread and creating from scratch shows more clearly where the issues lie. Here goes:

Category A - Audio Cables and Accessories – create new listing

• “Features” field is a dropdown but more than 1 feature could apply. Features should be checkboxes
  • Old field Connector(s) B was changed to Connectors B – but no data was migrated, all old listings will have nothing in this new field if used for search. Connectors is probably the most importand field for cables.

Category B – Receivers / Amplifiers > Receivers – create new listing

• “Audio Inputs” is a dropdown but more than 1 Input type almost always applies. Audio Inputs should be checkboxes
  • Same for Audio Outputs

Category C – DVD 7 Blu-Ray Players – create new listing

• Need to sell a DVD Player / Recorder, but DVD Player is the category that gets chosen for you – Really could be a separate category for recorders for more clarity on specifics but there is none.
  • Once you chose “Type” as “DVD Recorder” the system tells you accept the default of Recordable Types: DVD-R and DVD+R. This should not be prompted; some recorders only burn one type or the other, not both, leads to accidental errors. Same for playable types.
  • Audio Video Inputs is not included at all, should be checkboxes. Even players only have certain A/V inputs.
  • HDD capacity is a standard field – this should NOT be there – There is a separate catagory for DVR / HDDs and yes some can also play DVDs but those should really be listed under DVR / HDD and having this HDD field here in Players causes the wrong category to be chosen by some

Category D – Printer Ink

• There has been an “Expiration Date: MM/YYYY” for a long time, now removed. This was a useful field because it standardized the format for date so date filters could be given to buyers (that filter is gone now and I think it should have remained and should be mandatory to have either a date or at the very least a year range for those with large inventory) I want to know approx when the ink I buy (and sell) expired. We need clarity and an even playing field on the product page for old, very old and unspecified inks getting the "buy box" in all cases.
  • A new field “Expiration Date” is added with no date formatting – Also no data was migrated, all old listings will have nothing in this new field if used for search

Misc:

• Other categories of electronics like VCRs, Amplifiers, CD Players, etc. have issues with dropdowns that should be (and in some cases were) checkboxes. Don’t have time to list all those now.
  • The new free text fields “Custom Bundle” and “Modified Item” fields have been added to many categories. I like it, but can we please get Insight into what those fields are going to be used for going forward? I would suggest that the Bundle field could be used to give more meaningful breakdowns on product pages. For electronics it is a big deal if the remote control is included with the item. Many items can not be used fully without the remote. Yet the product pages lump with and without remote all together. You almost always see the eBay pick as a unit with NO remote because it is less expensive. This is not a level playing field and the “bundle” field or something even more formal like a checkbox for various “extras” that would always come with a new item would help a lot. It’s going to be a big problem for NADs if something is not added to the product page choices for accessories / bundled items. Please give us some insight on eBay’s thinking  along there lines so we can prepare.
  • Let me know if you want to discuss this further - follow up on the status would be appreciated since we may need to modify our listings again depending on what changes.

tyler@ebay wrote:

@babclassics wrote:

For me, the specifics appear to be back.  Some sort of un-announced system update during prime time i guess.   There appear to many change to the specifics for electronics!  So many that i have not fully figured it out yet.  There are some new fields that i actually like (bundle details).  But there are also a bunch of new field and replaced fields and bugs.  Like things that should be a list of checkboxes for different features have been changed to a dropdown where you can choose only 1 even if 10 apply.   It seems we all have a lot of work ahead to review every single listings item specifics to see exactly what damage has been done.    If you have items that auto relist -  or you just relist or sell similar yourself every single field needs to be checked carefully to see what has been added and what has been lost.   I'll give one example - A CD Burner - They automatically fill in that it burns CD-R and CD+RW (catalog or not).  That may be common but it sure isn't what the one im listing does.  It does CD+R and CD+RW only.  I put in my own field to show the correct disc types but now there is another similar field with other types that i did not enter.  Yikes.  Nightmare!

Hi @babclassics - tech wants some more detail on issues where you're running into drop-down options that do not apply to the listing (like your CD Burner example). If you have found any others will you please get me the item numbers so I can get those to them? Thanks!

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

Thanks for this detailed info @babclassics - I've gotten it sent on, and will be in touch if more is requested!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 22 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

tyler@ebay

Thanks for forwarding those issue to tech.  I have found another one important enough to write back to you.  Especially now that i see today the ALL electronics including vintage (exept parts i guess) is going to require catalog before the end of the year.  OMG.  That seems unrealistic.

New serious problem with electronics / receivers where information is thrown away during a simpe re-list or just an edit of a live listing:  The Audio Inputs and Outputs gets wiped out (at least mostly).  So any and all reciever listing that have cycled or been relisted or been edited for any reason will have this problem now!

First screen shot is an existing listing specifics:

audio inputs outputs missing 1.JPG

Second screen shot is what comes up in the listing tool by just simply editing the listing, notice all the inputs and outputs are wiped out by the system except for headphone jack ?!

audio inputs outputs missing 2.JPG

I actually got messaged by a buyer about this unit.  They did buy it after we discussed the details were wiped out by a re-list.  Glad they called but normally they would just move on.  Not happy about this one.  Please try to get an urgent fix.

tyler@ebay wrote:

Thanks for this detailed info @babclassics - I've gotten it sent on, and will be in touch if more is requested!

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

Thanks for this @babclassics - I appreciate the screenshots in particular, as it's quite clear. 

I'll get this sent up too!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 24 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

Hi, disappearing item specifics still an issue, if you touch a listing to edit, all item specifics disappear.  A limited number of suggested items specifics are presented to add, but 10 are missing.  If you go to bulk editor to try and add them, they are blacked out and unavailable to  add or change.  

Trying to restock inventory in variation listings cannot be done without error messages and loosing all items specifics.  See screen shots attached for error messages in an attempt to add stock to a variation.  One screen shot shows a quantity of "5" which isn't related to anything in the listing.  (variations had only "1" shown in stock)

Trying to use sell similar creates same issues.  

Only option now is to let items run out of stock or create a new listing from scratch. 

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

Hi, I don't like these changes to the categories and the required item specifics that don't make sense. Specifically in the Men's Suits and Suit Separates category....how will buyers be able to filter for only searching for a jacket, or only searching for a suit? When listing a Sport Coat why is the waist size mandatory, when that's a measurement for the pants? Will this affect all of the Sport Coat listings &/or will I have to input a waist measurement any time I revise? Having to put in a waist measurement in the item specifics for a Sport Coat when all of the other measurements are in the description makes no sense and I've never in all of the years I've been selling Men's sport coats, have had any customer ask for the waist size. I believe this is a mistake and should be there for the suit category only, and for the pants waist size, not for the jacket. I also don't like the new choices for the pattern as there is no simple Plaids and Checks anymore, and when I have a jacket with a Glen Plaid, I don't want to choose Houndstooth which is now the best choice. PLEASE go back to the way it was and/or create a sub-category for Sport Coats, Blazers, & Jackets!

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

Seems like my GTC listings stopped ending due to the glitch. But I'm attempting to change the price for my existing GTC listings and it says "The item specific Bottoms Size (Men's/Women's) is missing." even though they are multi-variation listings. Listing a new item doesn't give the "The item specific Bottoms Size (Men's/Women's) is missing." issue anymore though.

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

Here is a link to the selling board where a list of things with the new search roll out is messed up.  It really needs looking into.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Clothing-Sellers-Clothing-Category-corrections-additions-pleas...

tyler@ebay

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

Does anyone know where to list womens "dress" pants?  Use to be under 

Clothing, Shoes & Accessories>Womens Clothing>Pants

Item Specifics: Style - Dress

Dress pants is not an option any more.  No where in the drop down menu is there dress pants.  I do know that capri, cropped pants use to be in that drop down menu but it was moved to Length.   Not finding anything for dress pants.

When you go and do a search as a buyer for dress pants it is just as bad because you cannot narrow it down in search to "dress".  

If dress pants are no longer dress pants then what are they?

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Missing Item Specifics

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi everyone - 

Thanks for letting us know what you're encountering. We've gotten this escalated for review and included ids of everyone here who said they were impacted. Thanks!

Any answers yet?  Not only is there Item Specifics missing such as there are no such thing as Womens Dress Pants anymore, but in womens category there are almost double of everything in the drop down menu, if the person clicks the wrong one then they end up listing in maternity even though it does not state maternity when picking the category.

Message 30 of 31
latest reply