cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing reverts to incorrect shipping details

When I create a listing by using "Sell a Similar Item" and change all of the details to my item's details, the site keeps changing the shipping details back to those of the original item (i.e., when I save and close the draft and go back to it later). This has been happening for a long time. It's very annoying!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Listing reverts to incorrect shipping details

Hi @vintageforthepeople . eBay made changes to the "sell one like this" process last Fall, and unfortunately it now copies the other seller's shipping. It's created numerous issues for sellers, and yours is not the first report I've seen that changing shipping settings won't stick. Unfortunately, the only suggestion I have to avoid the problem is to not use sell one like this.

Either that, or publish your listing, then go back in to revise it and update shipping and submit the changes. I'm less confident in that working than avoiding "sell one like this" alltogether.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@vintageforthepeople wrote:

When I create a listing by using "Sell a Similar Item" and change all of the details to my item's details, the site keeps changing the shipping details back to those of the original item (i.e., when I save and close the draft and go back to it later). This has been happening for a long time. It's very annoying!

Hey @vintageforthepeople! Our product team wanted to reach out and say thanks for reporting and it will be looked into. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@vintageforthepeople wrote:

Hey @vintageforthepeople! Our Product team wanted to reach out and see if they can help out on this! Can  you provide some examples>? Also if you are using the "Sell One like this" from some item, can you share that original item? And a bit more detail of what you are adding? 

Finally, if possible could you could provide a screen section recording that even greater!

Devon,
eBay
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Sorry for the delay. Yes, this happens when I choose to sell a similar item. Every time I do so, and then save and close the listing on a PC and add photos through the app, then save and close on the app, when I go back to the PC, the listing's details have reverted to those of the listing I copied. It's very frustrating. Today, it completely erased the new description I had written, even though I saved it. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I appreciate your response. It's very frustrating! This morning, I did sell similar item, updated the description completely, saved the listing, then went back in to add photos, saved that, and when back to the listing, it had erased my new description! 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply