cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JS:Redirector-BKD

Starting today...everytime I sign into eBay...my virus protection (Avast) keeps going off stating it blocked a virus. It also states its coming from ebay. I can go everywhere else on the internet with no problem. It says it's a JS:Redirector-BKD(TRO). I scanned my computer with two different VIRUS programs and Malwarebytes and it found nothing in my computer. 

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: JS:Redirector-BKD

I keep getting it also and avast/avg pop up says, We've safely aborted connection on www-ebay.com because it was infected with JS:Redirector-BKD [Trj]."

Same as what you encountered.

2nd day in a row this has happened. I hope someone at eBay is looking into it.

Message 16 of 64
latest reply

Also have this happening with AVG Pop up every time on log in screen

Message 17 of 64
latest reply

trinton@ebay can you possible check into this

Message 18 of 64
latest reply

Same thing happening to me. Avast alerted me of this when I tried logging into my Ebay account. I ran the "full scan" using Windows Defender, it found nothing.

Message 19 of 64
latest reply

Happening with me too. 😞  Tried to have temp pw texted to me. When it finally came, it didn't work. Sounds scary.

Message 20 of 64
latest reply

GOOD NEWS! 

eBay customer support had me try to login with a different browser (firefox). No problems with Firefox. The problem was with Chrome. I cleared all cache, and no more problems!

They also asked if I had the same problem using a different device, so you may try that too.

Hope this information helps the rest of you.

Message 21 of 64
latest reply

eBay customer support suggested that I try a different browser or device. I was using Chrome. The issue did not occur with Firefox. (I did not try a different device.)

Then they told me to clear my cache in Chrome. No more problems with the login page on eBay.

Hope this helps the rest of you too.

If this info posts twice, sorry.

Message 22 of 64
latest reply

I refrained from commenting on this days ago, but am 99% certain this is a false positive detection by Avast (Avast has a history of false positives)

If the sky was falling and eBay had been "hacked" with a redirector script being served up there would have been some chatter on the blogs and more than two minor player detections out of the hundred or so antivirus/malware providers. There was nothing when I looked.

If anyone is still seeing the issue when visiting a specific eBay page (and for future reference for all), check the page out here:   https://www.virustotal.com/#/home/url where you plug in the URL of the page in the search there and see for yourself.

(in the unlikely event something turns up, please report back here with the URL of the eBay page and a brief summary of the VirusTotal results)

Message 23 of 64
latest reply

Haven't had any issues since clearing cache, but did plug in the url, and as expected, it came up clean.

Thanks for the link.

Also, I agree with you about Avast, heavy on pushing new products to protect PC.
Message 24 of 64
latest reply

I strictly use Firefox and this has been happening to me for 3 days.  Twice today even.

Message 25 of 64
latest reply

I am seeing AVG users began receiving the threat notice at the same time as Avast users.

Message 26 of 64
latest reply

I don't know if it's intentional to push product, incompetence, or just being slightly too aggressive in their heuristics (they turn detection sensitivity up to 7 when everyone else compromises at 6).

I don't use any AV. Avast is installed on this machine but disabled and hasn't been updated since last year. I get annoyed when AV stops me when I'm trying to go places I know will trigger alerts, and all AV takes a big toll on system performance and resources (that I need to keep a half dozen browser windows with a hundred websites going). Never gotten any viruses, malware, or anything else in decades on the air. I realize that isn't the path for everyone - experience and knowledge can permit nude surfing but plain force of will doesn't do much except get you ransomware.

Message 27 of 64
latest reply

Can you go to VirusTotal and plug in the ebay URLs that are triggering and provide us some hard info?

Message 28 of 64
latest reply

AVG is as bad as Avast. I abandoned them 10 years ago.

When 2 of the small/medium players alert and none of the others do - false positive (not some magic insider awesomeness that lets them see what nobody else does).

There is always a chance something is up, but without corroboration from the rest of the industry (or anyone else) the likelihood is small.

Message 29 of 64
latest reply

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! It was still doing it today. I noticed it only did it when I signed into my account. I deleted my BOOKMARK that I signed in with. Then went to search and typed "SIGN INTO EBAY". I clicked on the new link...works perfect! I bookmarked the new link and NO MORE PROBLEM!

Message 30 of 64
latest reply