cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items keep disappearing from watch list

I've noticed the last few days that items keep disappearing from my main watch list. This is happening in both of my accounts. It has been anywhere from 4 to 8 items at a time just disappearing. I have lots of items saved in my watch list in both accounts and so I was only able to remember a few missing items. I looked them up and added them back to my watch lists. Yesterday I created a new custom list in both accounts that is a back up of my watch lists. Sure enough today, there was 7 items removed from one watch list and 5 removed from the other watch list but all items were still in the back up custom lists I created.  Is anyone else having this problem too?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Items keep disappearing from watch list

@howlingmacy wrote:

I've noticed the last few days that items keep disappearing from my main watch list. This is happening in both of my accounts. It has been anywhere from 4 to 8 items at a time just disappearing. I have lots of items saved in my watch list in both accounts and so I was only able to remember a few missing items. I looked them up and added them back to my watch lists. Yesterday I created a new custom list in both accounts that is a back up of my watch lists. Sure enough today, there was 7 items removed from one watch list and 5 removed from the other watch list but all items were still in the back up custom lists I created.  Is anyone else having this problem too?

see if this ebay link helps>

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/search-tips/watch-list?id=4046&st=12&pos=1&query=Your%20Watch%20Lis...

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Unfortunately that doesn't explain why different items keep dropping off from my watch list in both accounts. After it did it the first time a few days ago, I copied and pasted everything in my watch list from both accounts into microsoft word so it would make it easier for me to see what was missing so I could add the items back. I then created a back up custom list of my watch list in both accounts, which makes it easier of seeing than microsoft word what items have dropped off. Yesterday I went through both watch lists and removed so many items at a time and added them back to my watch list in both accounts until I had everything removed and added back. So far so good with one account, nothing was dropped off when I logged on today. The other account had two items that were missing but I think I forgot to remove them and add them back. If nothing else drops off, removing all the items and adding them back may have fixed whatever glitch was causing the items to just drop off from my watch lists.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

I've been having the same issue. On a watchlist of around 290 items, I've lost about forty or so. Some of them are things I check every day, so I was able to add a couple of things back. This happened one time a few years ago, during some sort of upgrade. But it's arbitrary. I still see items on the watchlist that have ended, or are out of stock, and it's neither items I've recently added nor items that have been on the list forever. So frustrating!

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

I have 161 items on one watch list and 171 items on the watch list in my other account. Make a back up custom list of your watch list. I named mine list 1 in both accounts. That way it will make it easy for you to match up your watch list to the back up custom list of it and see what has dropped off. Also I recommend that you do what I did to my watch list in both of my accounts - remove so many items at a time - I did 5 to 6 at a time, and then add them back. So far nothing has dropped off from one watch list since I did that yesterday evening and 2 items did drop off the other watch list but I think I had forgotten to remove them and add them back. If nothing else drops off from either list, this may be a fix. I will post back tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

I did speak with an ebay rep and they submitted a ticket for both of my accounts but I don't think they will find what is or was causing the problem. You might want to contact ebay too and let them know you are also having the same issue. There probably are others too who are having the same problem but a lot of people probably don't notice that some items are dropping off from their watch list like we are experiencing.

And I agree, this has been very frustrating. When it first started happening a few days ago, there were items I lost because I could not remember what the items were that dropped off.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Exactly - I can sometimes remember things I've been watching, but that's the beauty of the watchlist, the reminders were right there in front of me.

Thank you for the advice on duplicating what's left of my watched items. That was really clever.

So I have two eBay accounts - my main one, and my spouse's. His I use to mostly sell things, but I have a second watch list on there. And the SAME items fell off both lists, where there happened to be some redundancies (only a couple of instances). I was watching about 390 things on the husband's account's watchlist, and I lost about sixty items. And it had nothing to do with whether it was "Buy It Now" or an auction, and where the item was being sold from - it applied equally to Hawaii, Texas, NY , UK or China sellers.

PLUS, I have about 150 items listed as "Buy It Now" on my husband's account, and I have LOST a fair amount of watchers - items that had 1 or 2 watchers now have zero, and others than had five or more watchers now have 1 or 2. So this is clearly happening across the board.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

So far so good today. Since removing and adding all the items back to my watch list in both accounts, no more have dropped off except for the 2 yesterday that I had forgotten to remove and add back. Nothing has dropped off from either account since yesterday. So so far it looks like removing and adding them back might be a fix. At least I sure hope so. Make a back up custom list of your watch list in your accounts and that way should items drop off again it will make it much easier to find them, since you will be able to have both lists pulled up at the same time and make a side by side comparison.

I have noticed the same thing with the items dropping off from my watch list i both accounts. It had  nothing to do with ant particular thing. They were just dropping off. But what I did notice after I noticed there was a problem, the items were dropping off from the last page in my watch list, which would be page 7 in both of my accounts. I have mine set to where it shows items ending soonest, so page 1 starts with the items ending soonest.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Removing all of the items and adding them back to the watch list in both accounts seemed to have worked. So far nothing else has dropped off in two days now. I hope it keeps working.

Not only does a problem like this affect people like myself who are just buyers and we miss out on an item we wanted to buy but it has a bad effect on sellers because that is a sale lost when an item a buyer has been watching just drops off from their watch list.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Yes this has been a real issue for awhile now - why is eBay not stepping up to fix or communicate??  I've lost 80 out of 295 items and I wish I had visited your forum message earlier.

Is everyone finding that they have to rebuild their lists and it then holds?  This does not quite make sense.  How many other buyers beside me have lost a lot of items they might have looked at later?  Anyway why do we have to do this for a well-reported issue?

ebay - SEND A COMMUNICATION. 

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

So this is a well-reported issue now in several threads.  My follow-up question is:  Does anyone know how to actually reach ebay Tech Support?  The customer svc center will not allow a connection, and they offer no help or comprehension.  How could we request a backup set of our watchlist from December 4 before this all began?  

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Yes this has been happening to me as well. I will make a copy of my list to track it more closely. I hadn't had to be so detailed before, but I don't recall some of the things that have been dropped from the list.

For several years I had a list of anywhere between 100-200 items. At one time 200 items was the max allowed now it is 400 items. I don't know when they expanded it to 400 items. Rarely did the number of items change if I did nothing.

Before things started dropping off my list was just under 100 items maybe even at 90 items. It's been about a full week of daily item drops, sometimes 2 or 3 items, sometimes 5 or more, once 10 or more making it about 40 items dropped in total. My list is currently sitting at 49 items down from about 90 items a week ago. 

~
CaptKirk42
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

My watch list in both of my accounts had not been dropping off any items after I removed and added them back until today. I had one item that dropped off from one of them. I will let you know how it continues to go.

Do you have a link to the other threads where this problem has been reported?

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I got an ebay customer service rep to call me back when this first started happening for me. I check the box that said I needed help with resetting my password. I didn't know how else to get them to call me so that is what I did.

I explained the problem but apparently they don't know what the problem is or have not been able to fix it.

Maybe you can try having them call you too and show them a copy of this thread.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

I noticed tonight that two items that disappeared from one watch list in one account magically appeared back and one item in the other watch list of the other account also magically appeared back. 

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

I noticed tonight that two items that disappeared from one watch list in one account magically appeared back and one item in the other watch list of the other account also magically appeared back.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply