cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT'S NOT YOU. IT'S US.

I keep getting a message when I'm trying to buy a certain item. IT'S NOT YOU. IT'S US. ... "our server is currently down... etc, etc".. This has been going on for almost a week. Anyone know what the problem is? 'cause I highly doubt that the server is down this long and no-body's brought this subject up yet, asking about the server. Anyone else get this? 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: IT'S NOT YOU. IT'S US.

I have not had any problems this week with this, just the photo loader did not work well for a few days or less.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

The eBay is on autopilot...no one care ....I'm thinking to switch to Amazon....

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I get that message a lot lately. I get it when trying to list, trying to put a sale on some items, trying to print labels, and trying to search. I thought it was fixed, but even yesterday I couldn't print all my labels.

It's sad that there are so many issues hurting sales, and they are so lax to fix the issues. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@customdoug 

Is the problem with just the one item, or have you run into this error with multiple items? At what point are you getting that error -- opening the individual listing, putting the item in the cart, actually purchasing?

Anything odd about your account -- do you have a current valid payment method linked to your account? Are you outside of the US? Is the seller new to selling or registered outside of the US? Are either of you in Hawaii, Alaska, one of the Territories, or the Armed Forces (APO)?

If you would be willing to post an item number I may be able to see if there is an issue with the item itself, assuming you are having the issue with one item or seller only.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I'm getting the problem when I try to buy the item (buy-it-now), when I hit 'buy-it-now' a page pops up telling me about additional taxes, then I can hit 'commit to buy' - when I do, I get a new page saying "It's Not You. It' Us." & "Our server is down, etc". Been going on too long though. I'm not new to ebay, been using it for a long time (purchases only) - though I haven't purchased anything for about a month or so. I don't need to buy anything else, so I have no idea if other items purchases would behave the same for me. This is the ebay item: #171227400381 . Thanks.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@customdoug 

I do not see anything odd about that particular item -- the seller is registered in the US and looks to have sold a few already without issue. I am able to add it to my cart.

First check your Purchase History page on ebay.com to make sure you have not already committed to purchasing. If the item appears there, there may be a link to complete the purchase.

You say you are getting a pop up message about taxes when trying a buy-it-now -- what does that say exactly?

You say have haven't purchased recently -- are you sure your account has a valid payment method? If you are using PayPal, have you checked your account lately?

What browser are you using? It might be worth trying another to see if you encounter the same error. If a buy-it-now from the item page does not work, try adding the item to your cart and checking out that way.

If nothing else works, you might try signing in to eBay Canada ebay.ca and trying to make the purchase on that site, assuming you have not committed to a purchase on the US site.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

There's nothing in my purchase history page about this item - thankfully,  'cause I must have tried purchasing like 10 time now! 

The page I get when using 'buy-it-now' is just a common review and commit page... it gives the price, taxes, shipping charge, and a blue "commit to buy" button. When I click that, I get the "It's Not You. It's Us." page.  I last used ebay for a purchase on 08/26 .. so not even quite a month. My payments options have not changed. Nothing has. 

I'll try adding to cart instead of buy it now and see if that works, I guess. Not sure I've ever used the "cart" feature - does it create any fees (you know how ebay can be)? An invoice or what? 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@customdoug 

I'll try adding to cart instead of buy it now and see if that works, I guess. Not sure I've ever used the "cart" feature - does it create any fees (you know how ebay can be)?

Using the cart for one item should be no different than using buy-it-now, other than possibly using different links that have different dependencies, software-wise. Where the cart comes in handy is if you are purchasing multiple items from the same seller; you can often combine shipping, or get various discounts if the seller has things set up correctly (and eBay allows it).

My hope is that using the cart bypasses whatever is giving you an error message.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I tried one last time this evening, after giving this a rest for a day or so... no luck, it's still not me, it's them - I guess. But whatever, I was able to add the item using "Add to Cart", and complete the purchase. Maybe it's a 'buy-it-now" issue where it triggers a server down message, I don't know. But then obviously others aren't showing a wide spread issue with this. If anyone else runs into this try just buying it via adding to cart. Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply