Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't send an invoice to the buyers

I can't send an invoice to the buyers

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: I can't send an invoice to the buyers

Respectfully, there is almost never a need or reason to send an invoice to a buyer unless you are (a) combining shipping on two or more items or (b) upgrading the shipping method, causing the buyer to need to pay more for  shipping.  

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Respectfully your input is not helpful or really relevant to the discussion. 

As with the OP, I'm sure they need to send a combined invoice and didn't think they would need to thoroughly explain their situation because the internet message board noobs would be quick to dismiss their problem.... 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Respectfully your input is not helpful or really relevant to the discussion.

You would be hard-pressed to find many posters that have provided a larger quantity of absolutely helpful answers than the veteran contributor that you are dismissively referring to as a "noob".

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@eburtonlab 

As true as that may be in most cases, suggesting that this is practically an unnecessary system does not help or further the conversation.

While there are many in the community that believe this is a useless feature (and are plenty vocal about it), it does not change the fact that there are Sellers in niche markets that absolutely depend on the continued functionality of the invoicing system to be viable.

As an example, it is a critical component on any listings with freight shipping rates that are calculated manually by the Seller. When the invoicing system is not working, we can't update new orders with their quoted shipping rates — and customers cannot pay for their orders until the shipping rate is added in.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Since the OP did not exactly detail the reason he needed to send an invoice or invoices, I see nothing wrong with my reply.

But thank you for your input.  

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

suggesting that this is practically an unnecessary system does not help or further the conversation.

Would you characterize your [the] initial contribution [I was responding] to [in] this thread as "help[ing] or further[ing] the conversation"?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I can not send an invoice either, it is for an European sale & with the "new" international shipping program when I attempt to it sends me into a loop.  Used to be when I would have an option via inkfrog to opt into the GSP the invoice would get sent automatically, but now I have a customer asking for an invoice & no way to send it.   Inkfrog no longer has the option to check the GSP program for shipping.  

Just another case of IT guys trying to improve something that aint broken, yet they succeed in breaking it.

Also, why can ebay not get Bound Printed Matter as Amazon does, not to mention the much more discounted rates?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@eburtonlab 

By technicality, you are right — it is also not helpful to just be critical of another response without providing any input beyond that.

But that's far too often a problem on these boards, i.e. someone comes in with "This [Insert Lesser Utilized Feature] Isn't Working" post, only for someone to comment with a passively dismissive 'well, you shouldn't even need to use that feature anyway so...' 

... you know, as if that somehow makes it okay that there's an ongoing problem with the website.

And I don't think that community members like @soh.maryl actually intend for their input to be taken so negatively (or realize why it's such a hot button topic), but I can tell you from years of first hand experience that this specific feature for some reason draws an unnatural amount of these types of unsympathetic responses (second only to 'Request Total'). Even eBay's own customer service team is passively guilty of it, asking us — when we're literally calling in to report on technical errors in an attempt to get them fixed — why we don't just make shipping tables, or factor the shipping into our items and do it 'free'... well, because we shouldn't have to.

But to some extent, that's always been the problem with LTL. Most people don't fully realize how difficult it truly is to accurately factor in the volatility of it's pricing structure, especially when it comes to surcharges. By doing our rate quotes manually on a case by case basis, we literally save our customers *hundreds* of dollars, without having to inflate our prices just to offset costs. The only way we can do that is through the invoicing system. No other way around it.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

There has been a systemwide error involving invoices over the past two weeks due to IT errors at ebay in California. You send the invoice and you get there's been a problem please try again later. I've put in multiple calls and some ebay employees admit that there is an ongoing IT problem and some deny it. Same for this post, a few will admit it and then many will deny it. Every IT issues are political! 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply