cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIREFOX does NOT show listings in newest version. HELP US EBay!

The newest version of Firefox does NOT show listing's descriptions. I've noticed for a while now that my listings are showing as "UNDER PERFORMING"! Help us EBay! You are a powerful company and should have a TON of Leverage with many companies, including FIREFOX!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I don't understand what you mean...........I have firefox and can see your descriptions fine.......

My version is 74.0.1

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

i see your descriptions

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

realized I did not have the newest version so updated to 75.  and still see the descriptions fine...........

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Are your listings promoted?  I understand there is an issue with some browsers whose privacy setting are set high may not show listings. Specifically, promoted listings because ebay excludes the listing from organic search and only shows promoted, which the browsers catch and will not display.

eBay say this only affects 3% of the population... at 183 million active buyers, that's about 5.5 million buyers taken out.  Although, I don't think they done all that they say, because I still see listings showing up twice, regular and promoted.

A computer app is a reflection of its creator. Show me a robust computer app and I will show you an intelligent programmer.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@larrys.basement 

Are your listings promoted? I understand there is an issue with some browsers whose privacy setting are set high may not show listings. Specifically, promoted listings because ebay excludes the listing from organic search and only shows promoted, which the browsers catch and will not display.

If I understand the situation -- and it may have changed since I last looked at it -- that problem seems to occur when searching sponsored listings and using both an ad blocker and the default "Best Match" sort. Under "Best Match", only one of the listings (either the sponsored version or the "organic" version) appears, depending on which is higher in the sort. In other sorts, both sponsored and organic versions of the listing should appear, I believe.

If the organic listing is hidden because the sponsored listing is higher in that Best Match sort, the ad blocker may block the sponsored listing, leaving that listing out of that sort completely. Changing the sort order or pausing ad blocking and redoing the search should reveal the missing listing if that is the case.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@betty.war 

Are you failing to see the descriptions in ALL listings, or only your own listings?

Here are some that you can test:

1) This listing contains nested tags known to make a description disappear on firefox

https://www.ebay.com/itm/382460998654

2) This listing contains a lot of HTML and CSS

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223236214292

3) This listing contains simple text

https://www.ebay.com/itm/382555258558

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I'm using the latest Firefox version and your descriptions are showing fine.

Have a great day.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply