cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely low sales and no views on.

I contacted eBay customer service and was told they know there is an issue. Was then told i would be put on a list and issues would be resolved within 24 to 48 hours. That was over a week ago, still the same issues. Going to end up out of business over this. 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@fortwaynecards 

Did they say what the issue was?

Sounds like they told you what you wanted to hear to make you fell better, so they could get you off the phone faster.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

No didn't say what it was. Just they know there is an issue and getting a lot of call's about it. They need to credit accounts.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Probably a lot of folks flabbergasting because the economy for e-commerce is tanking. Many e-commerce businesses and brick and mortar large stores are showing much lower sales figures. The last quarter was rather abysmal.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Many sellers have noted the economy didn't tank in one day,  when all sales seemed to go in the toilet for many sellers.  That would be a slow steady drop.  This was more like a plane falling out of the sky.   That has all the ear marks of an internal problem.  As we all know and have experienced every update or improvement comes with unwelcome pain and problems.  Usually the update manages to make things worse or create a problem that never existed.  Problem is the fixes seem to be taking longer and longer.  I feel like  the tech dept.  Is a couple of guys fresh out of tech school hanging out at the water cooler and not a real full department, otherwise the invoicing issue with work tickets that are now over 4 months old would have been fixed by now. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

You might be right about that too. I have read that when updates happen the site tanks. LOL.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

When I had a problem with an app that was not synching with my bookeeping program this week I could not get an answer as to why. I asked the CS agent to send this info to an advanced tech person. This person must be a ghost because I got no answer of resolution to the problem. Then again, some of these technical glitches are really  hard to figure out and fix. When one thing goes wrong it effects so many other things that then need to be fixed too.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@randyshotrods I agree. It wasn't a gradual drop, but rather falling off  a cliff. There are always problems with their stupid updates, but this one is another breed of awful.

With all of the continued issues, I am convinced there is not a tech department at all. 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I was forced to start using the new abhorrent listing form on April 22 of this year. In the six months prior to that day, I had a total of only 20 days with zero sales. But in just five weeks since April 22 I've now had 12 days with zero sales. While zero sales in a day is just one metric that can be used in measuring sales performance, it reflects the drastic overall drop in sales I've had since April 22, a defining day.

How a change in the listing form would be related to that drop in sales is beyond me, but seeing how everything else regarding my selling (consistent listing of new items, adjusting of pricing, etc) has remained the same (or improved), I can't help but see a direct line between the new listing form and the drop. And, views have slowed dramatically also. I listed a couple of pieces of Fiestaware yesterday; a popular and collectible product line. It's now been 24 hours; one of the pieces has 1 view, the other has 0. Prior to April 22 I don't think it would be unreasonable for me to have expected about 10 views of each in that same 24 hour period.

Sure, there are plenty of external factors that can affect sales (the overall economy, changes in consumer buying habits, etc), but those things wouldn't cause a sudden distinct decline in sales which seems to have happened to many every since the forcing of the new listing form upon us occurred.

But, from reading this thread and other threads regarding this issue, I don't think eBay is too concerned about it. Their "team" seems to be just living in their own little bubble, making changes that they see as beneficial, while probably never actually having been an active seller on their own platform. Have they ever heard of focus groups?

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Congratulations, you are now seeing how many real live humans are looking at your listings.  Bots have been excluded from your count.  Like many others, you are in shock and denial of seeing how your store really performs without inflated bot metrics.

Like many others, you are also in denial about just how poorly our economy is doing.  It's headed to the gutter; 2008 all over again.  You can't compare any metrics from the last month to anything before; the economy is changing too fast.

Be prepared for another 2 years of this.  If you can't figure out a way to keep your business running as things are today, then you most likely will go out of business.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

eBay told you whatever they felt they needed to say to get you off the phone.  They don't know.  They don't even know how to sell, and they sure cannot explain the site to you.

Now, you have no sales.  I have about 23 shipments going out in the morning.  Big difference between us?  I have four sites with over six hundred items for sale.  And I've lowered prices  to move some inventory because I am so out of space it would be funny, if it wasn't my office.

So I list fifty of sixty items every single day, I work fourteen hour days and I list EVERYWHERE.  I'm selling so much that if that bell icon lights up one more time I may scream.

You get out a percentage of what you put in.  I put in 120% every day seven days a week. 

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

So, you are saying that if you want to eBay part time and keep your day job it isn't worth it?  I was about 10 things a month had 200 things listed for about 2 years now. I am now selling one thing a month. I have worked harder at my listing now than ever. I also have become better at titles. I have 100% positive reviews. What I don't have is more time to commit to selling on eBay for no views and crappy sales.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I have called once and did a chat twice. I wanted the chat to have written documentation.  Sales have plummneted and so have views.  I sale dishes.  I feel they just told me whatever to get me off the phone and off the chat.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

ebay has been having major problems with the search feature and advance search features for days.  How can someone sell if no one can find the item and the same goes for those buying.  It is a very serious problem and costly to sellers.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

We're doing a little slow recently. Hope it ends soon but as you know economic issues and high cost of goods are possibly contributing to slower sales.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply