cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay not accepting updated financial information for seller payouts

20-year member here, PERFECT selling record of over 1,000 transactions.  

In May 2021, completely at random and related to no action that I took,  Ebay put a hold on my seller account saying that I needed to update my account information, that I needed to provide a bank account for seller payouts. 

I re-inputted the bank account information Ebay has had for 20 years and got the customary message notifying me that I had changed my payout method, and that it would take several days to verify the new information.  

Several days passed, I tried to launch an auction, and once again got the following error message:

• It appears that you haven’t provided the required information to confirm your identity or financial data. Until we receive that information, your listing and communication activity have been restricted to ensure a safe trading environment for you and the eBay community.
{e78421-1026575x}

So I tried it again.  And again.  And again.   Each time I got the same confirmation that I had changed my payout method, and each time the error message appeared. 

I figured that it was a problem with my bank, which is a smaller regional bank and perhaps had not updated its systems or was otherwise no longer working with Ebay.  So I selected a bank that appeared to be a preferred bank for seller payouts, because it appeared as one of the banks you can select without going through a search.  That was Capital One.

So I went through the trouble of opening a dedicated Capital One account just to receive ebay payments.  Once the account was active, I entered the new account info in Ebay.  It accepted the information, and once again I got the confirmation that I had changed my account information, and it would take several days to verify.  Still, three days later, I got the same error message.  So I tried two more times... still no success. 

I called Ebay technical support, opened up no fewer than FOUR tickets, spoke with at least 5 of their technical help people, and after two months of dealing with them, they STILL cannot fix the problem.  I have tried several times to update my account information with them on the phone with me, observing the update in real time, confirming the banking information, and yet, here I am.  

Help????  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Most common problem is that names don't match on ebay and the bank account.........they must be the same

John R Doe does not match John Doe........  if they don't match, change your ebay registered name.........wait a day and try again to register. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

All banks require middle initial or full middle name as shown on drivers license. Ebay does not; so to add a middle name or middle initial, you need to input it in the First Name asked for (first name/ space/ middle initial or name to match bank) 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

i have the exact same issue. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I am going through it now. I want my money, this is so stupid. Nothing has changed with my account  this did not happen with paypal.  This way is probably more money for ebay and a big headache for sellers. May the news people on tv can help 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply