cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Sales Droped from 21st, Multiple Ebay Stores, Top Rated Seller.

I'm really not sure what is going with eBay, I've been selling on this platform for years and it's coming to the busiest period for online retail and my sales have just stopped I've never experienced anything like this. I have multiple eBay stores and all are the same, from the 21st I noticed my promoted listing expressions slow down and after that my sales have completely come to a halt. I am a top-rated seller and I can see my listing being outranked by ordinary sellers. I have fast delivery and cheaper price but this doesn't help. I have tried calling eBay and the explanation given was that people are saving for black Friday. After reading the forums on here I can see people are having issues paying on eBay and I believe this is having an effect on the sellers. eBay fix this asap. If anyone else is facing this issue please leave a comment below. 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Ebay Sales Droped from 21st, Multiple Ebay Stores, Top Rated Seller.

are you sure the promoted listings didn't end?

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

My sales have dropped dramatically also..

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

The last 3 days, only 3 sales. It's a joke, my impressions are almost nothing!!!!
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Not sure what happened as sales were great until 11/20/2019. We experienced our first day in ages with zero sales....then another day which is certainly not normal. We sell a vast variety of brand new, brand name items and have not changed any of our selling practices. We have excellent ratings and service metrics. While this raises a little concern, there is no need to panic just yet. We are utilizing the extra time to create new listings enhance our current listings to ensure they provide optimal results when normality returns.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

It's just not the sales, I understand that happens. However the traffic has been WAY down, and that's not normal.
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

I'd venture to say a lot of shoppers are shopping elsewhere. I know I am because of the item specifics glitch which still isn't fixed. It limits the amount of items available for sale that I get to choose from. Add to that the fact that many of us haven't been able to pay for items and that glitch has been going on for 2 months now.

I have all my holiday shopping done and nothing was purchased on Ebay which is sad. I lose confidence in a site when I search lowest to highest - make the purchase and then am shown many of the same items at lower prices that were not offered to me in search.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Yes, for a couple of days I had a cluster of sales then this past week no traffic, looks, bids even though I posted new items, relisted with lower prices-- very disappointing.
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Sales and traffic are unusually slow for me as well. 

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

I agree with you. I am a top seller and I have a large inventory and I was doing fantastic until the middle of November. Now I'm lucky to get one sale a day. I'm not sure what eBay did but they messed something up. People are not saving money for black Friday. lol  Where do they get these excuses? lol  Traffic is way down, selling is way down and it happened in hours to days, that is not everyone deciding to save money at the same time. lol  I hope they fix it soon or I fear this will be my last year with ebay.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Impressions is a misleading term it is only the number of times your listing was promoted in a add and just because it was used it does not mean the buyer looked at the item or items. 

Clicks are actual views and from what I gather do not show up on the view counter in the hub's active listings.

Neither of these really mean much till a buyer commits to buying a item. After purchase if the buyer clicked the add in the last 230 days you get a promoted listing fee.

I noticed you did not post with your seller account so there is no chance to look over your items to see if they are able to be found in search results. It could be something simple like the items you are selling are out of season. For the next few days people will be traveling and doing the family dinner thing so sale will be low. But after Black Friday as long as you are not selling spring or summer items your sales should pick up.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

If you may also want to review your listings to see if eBay has made changes to categories or created sub categories that could be placing your items in a less than visible state when buyers are searching by category. Also you may want to review your listings item specifics. With the massive changes eBay has been making your items may be missing key specifics needed if a buyer is refining their search by specifics. While if you were a drop shipper listing through the eBay catalog your old and new listings would probably be updated. A individual listing their own items from time to time has to review their listings to see if there is any changes that can be made to improve their listings. With your sales dropping from about 1 month ago it would point to item specifics as a major issue started about that time.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

According to your dashboard, you have zero listings promoted - that would explain why the graph is at zero now and your sales has declined significantly, starting on the 21st.  I would check your promotions and your listings to see why the promotions on your listings ended around the 21st.  This happened to me last month - all my listings dropped out of my three promotions without any reason, but I caught it and started new promotions within a day.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

I give up trying to figure what's going on at eBay. Did a post a week ago whining about poor Nov. sales. Had 7 up til then. Now in the past few days buyers have shown up left & right so got 12 more items sold this month! I did nothing different. Just the whining.  Very thankful & hoping more buyers for all of us starting right this minute!

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

The seller hub's active listing page will have reminders in blue telling you the number of listings being promoted and the number that can be promoted. Watching this is helpful as some times listings get dropped from the service during the relisting process and will need to be added back in
Message 15 of 23
latest reply