cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Checkout Issue not Connecting to Paypal Undefined Spinner

Hello,

When I try to pay something with Paypal, after enter my login/password, I got an undefined spinner connecting to Paypal.
I can connect me to my Paypal account separately.
Can you help me please ?

Nicolas

Message 1 of 88
latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

Re: Ebay Checkout Issue not Connecting to Paypal Undefined Spinner

Hi,

I had the same issue since Friday.

I had loaded Java the day previous. Also had ABP (adblocker) running.

Today I removed Java and whitelisted Paypal in ABP and was able to use Paypal

regards

Paul

Message 16 of 88
latest reply

Ditto, both Firefox and Opera. Been like this since yesterday, you'd have thought the code dev's would have noticed by now and fixed what ever they did to cause it.

Back to websites and Visa I guess.
Message 17 of 88
latest reply

Still the same problem my buyers can't pay vie Paypal

Elizabeth
Message 18 of 88
latest reply

I also couldn't complete my ebay purchase using paypal today [from another buyer, not you], I tried private window option, still not able to get into paypal for purchase, gave up, used credit card. This happened last week for several days, then resolved. It is something specific in ebay to paypal as I was able to make paypal purchases with other vendors, no problem. Ebay and paypal are not playing nicely . One seller suggested trial of sending an invoice to the buyer for the purchase and see if they could then proceed to paypal?  

Message 19 of 88
latest reply

As suggested by another post,  I did just add paypal to my ad blocker's exceptions, however as I mentioned, I could complete other vendor purchases with paypal, just not ebay, so I will have to wait for another ebay purchase to see if putting them in the adblocking exception list did anything [although if it isn't for several days and it does work was it because I did something or because EBAY fixed it]?

Message 20 of 88
latest reply

Still NOT working on any browser, all I see is this for quite awhile and will not complete!!trying to pay ebay fees.jpg

Message 21 of 88
latest reply

Okay well finally figured out what happened, at least in my case. Recently my browsers updated and it turned the ad blocker on for PayPal site.
Message 22 of 88
latest reply

So, I wanted to purchase an item at ebay using paypal. I am using the browser Opera and I had already put paypal in my exception list for my ad blocker, but I still could not complete my purchase with paypal HOWEVER, I did finally complete it using paypal! HOW? when the paypal sign in screen came up, there was a security icon which when I selected it allowed me turn off BOTH ad blocking AND tracking blocking, when I turned off both [had to do both] I was able to complete the purchase! I then put a pretend purchase in my checkout and when I selected paypal and got the login screen, I turned both the ad and tracking blocking BACK ON! Oh the mysteries of computers!

Message 23 of 88
latest reply

Same here, been trying for ages to pay with no luck till I came here. Needed to whitelist Paypal and all working OK now.
Message 24 of 88
latest reply

I had exactly the same problem last week. I contacted Paypal who said they were working on fixing it.

24 hours passed before it was resolved for me. 

Then I try to pay for something tonight......and the same problem is back. 

Message 25 of 88
latest reply

Same issue here, primarily on chrome, but have tried on IE and same thing. It works on mobile, however it wants to force me to use what money is in my paypal account before using my credit card, which I don't wanna do. Cleared cache and cookies, didn't help.

Message 26 of 88
latest reply

This worked for me:  Whitelisted ebay.com.au and paypal.com on my ublock origin adblocker.

Message 27 of 88
latest reply

I've had this going on since Friday 14th February. Just the same thing, I can't log into Paypal at Ebay checkout. I contacted Paypal yesterday and after the usual rigmarole of security questions and changing my password at their request, nothing has changed. They claim that they are unaware of any problems with this system. I can log in directly to Paypal but even then it has logged me back out a few times. I should try another vendor and see if it works there but it's money to do that and I don't need anything at the moment! lol

I wonder if Ebay even know there is a problem?

Message 28 of 88
latest reply

Looks all too familiar. I am also unable to complete purchases by PayPal and have had to pay using my debit card. Phoned eBay help twice about the problem. They say the issue is at PayPal end. Contacedt PayPal help who say there are no issues with their service and suggested two impossible solutions.

Something is broken and users are left 'piggy in the middle'.  😞

Message 29 of 88
latest reply

Interesting. Will give it a go next time I trying paying via PayPal which is currently 'sticking' after asking for email and password. But is due to a change that uBlock or eBay have made as there has been no problem until now.

Message 30 of 88
latest reply