cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Checkout Issue not Connecting to Paypal Undefined Spinner

Hello,

When I try to pay something with Paypal, after enter my login/password, I got an undefined spinner connecting to Paypal.
I can connect me to my Paypal account separately.
Can you help me please ?

Nicolas

Message 1 of 88
latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

Unblocked eBay and PayPal in uOrigin but it did not work for me and had to pay by debit card.  😞

Message 31 of 88
latest reply

Same problem here. Have no issues with logging Paypal directly, or using it from other pages (Etsy). Had to go into the extensions/addons tab on Firefox and completely disable uBlock Origin to get it working.
Message 32 of 88
latest reply

deirkiki_0-1581871643608.png

WHAT worked for me: I use opera, when I select PayPal   this is the login screen I get, next to the paypal web address  is a blue check, that comes up as privacy protection, when I click on that I get a new window that allows me to TURN off both AD blocking AND tracking blocking which I had to do BOTH for me to complete my purchase. [ I had already made an exception for both ad and tracking blocking for paypal  in the opera privacy setting, but that didn't seem to work for me]

Message 33 of 88
latest reply

Good explanation   deirkiki

Thank you - That worked, I will be sending a note to Paypal telling them I won't bother to use them if I have to "turn ON' tracking, during a secure login!!!

Message 34 of 88
latest reply

Yes, I believe it is some kind of glitch between ebay and paypal [wouldn't be surprised if it is a non intended glitch] as I was able to use paypal for purchases from other vendors  without any issue , before I tried putting paypal on my exception list for my ad blocker which did not work for me for ebay. For ebay, after I made my ebay purchase using paypal,  I then put a pretend purchase in my checkout and when I selected paypal and got the login screen, I turned both the ad and tracking blocking BACK ON and then did not sign into paypal or make that purchase! We'll see if I have to turn them off every time I make a purchase.

Message 35 of 88
latest reply

I would bet the issue is on eBay end trying to get buyers to just pay with credit card instead of going through PayPal. Why? Because every other transaction through PayPal (from other sites) has been working perfectly. It wouldn't be the first time eBay had a malfunction to try to make more money - or to try to force users to be tracked or have to see 3rd party ads.
Message 36 of 88
latest reply

@bcm602  Just an FYI...  Paypal still process the payment even when a credit or debit card is used so ebay is not making money on it anymore than any other sale.   

The only time that they might make more money is with the 10% of sellers that are on the new managed payments program.  

I do hope that paypal/ ebay fix whatever is causing this payment issue soon! 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 37 of 88
latest reply

Try the steps on this article on how to clear your cookies on your device. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-Do-a-Hard-Refresh-How-to-Clear-Your-Cache-How-...

For websites that have advertisements, there is a lot of cookies getting stored on our computers / mobile devices in the background.  

Message 38 of 88
latest reply

Actually comics-scifi... That is the way it used to be. Now PayPal is a separate company and I'm sure charging eBay fees (because they are now separate and can/will do that), which led to eBay revising the checkout page to do direct charges (not going through PayPal).
Message 39 of 88
latest reply

Same thing here, I just tried at 10.02am on the 17th and it's the same spinner after I enter my email and password.

Paypal works no problem on other vendors. I think it's entirely and Ebay issue. I wonder if Ebay realise they are losing business through people like me who just give up and buy elsewhere?

Message 40 of 88
latest reply

Still an issue - trying to checkout with paypal and simply left with the spinner!  Can log into my account directly though.

Message 41 of 88
latest reply

Yep, still not working like it used to! I think this is WAR on Ad and tracking blockers. I just made an ebay purchase using paypal, BUT once again had to  TURN OFF both ad blocking and tracking blocking in the PAYPAL LOGIN screen [next to the paypal web address on the paypal login screen  is a blue check, that comes up as privacy protection, when I click on that I get a new window that allows me to TURN off both AD blocking AND tracking blocking  for me to complete my purchase]. AFTER my purchase, I put a pretend buy it now purchase in my checkout section, select Paypal and when the login screen appears, I TURN the Ad and Tracking Blocking BACK ON and don't sign into paypal nor make my purchase!  If there is anything intentional about all this, seems like it is against Ad and tracking blocking programs?

Message 42 of 88
latest reply

Add me to the people having trouble checking out with Paypal.  Works with Opera, doesn't work with Chrome; endlessly spinning loading circle.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 43 of 88
latest reply

mine did not work with Opera either. But Ublock Origin is a common extension in both my Opera and Firefox, so this indeed does seem to be an adblocker/tracker problem, but with ebay only.

Message 44 of 88
latest reply

Same here. Just got off with Ebay, again. They first tried telling me that ebay isn't configured to use Edge (I have windows 10 w/Edge, same pc for two years). I told him that was impossible since I am a very frequent buyer and haven't ever had a problem till last week. The only way I get around it is to use Firefox to complete the transactions. Again, it was fine till last week using Edge, no problems prior. They said it was being referred to their tech department (who knows). This is definitely an Ebay problem linking to Paypal, nothing else.
Message 45 of 88
latest reply