cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Offer" Amount Added to my listings?

I have carefully made sure that I do not have the best offer function on. I have gone in and checked auctions and it's been turned on, I turn it off again.   Why is it being turned on and how can I stop that? If I wanted to entertain offers, I would turn it on myself. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

"Offer" Amount Added to my listings?

@scavenger_sally   What is happening is that last year eBay decided that for Sellers who use the Quick Listing tool they will turn on the unsolicited Best offer after about a week if the listing price is ABOVE the market "average".  In order to stop this unsolicited function you will need to change to the Advanced Listing tool.  There should be a link/path to it in the upper right hand corner of your current tool's first page (screen) if using a PC.

This also may be happening with Sellers using the phone app to create their listings but I am not sure if there is a link to change tools on the phone app.

On a side note, when this whole thing came about eBay was asked "where" does the market "average" price come from ... while they said they used eBay they would not share the other sources with Sellers ...

As to the "why" ... it was explained they thought Sellers would be happy to sell an item for a dollar or two less when reality is that most Best Offers are way more then $ 1 to $2 under list and many are down right insulting.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 2
latest reply