cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicated Listings when New Listing and Revising

I am having to constantly call eBay to have them refund me insertion fees due to duplicate listings being created for my items.

They occur two different ways - about 25% of the time. 

While listing items. When I Submit Listing, it will create two listings. I know this happens because on the next page ,in the popup that says SUCCESS, the title link will display my items title twice in a row, like TITLETITLE.

This also occurs if I revise an item.

I need this fixed ASAP. I have called eBay 5 times over the past few days to have the duplicates removed and my insertion fees refunded. eBay support told me to call them when it happens again. REALLY?! THIS IS A HUGE BUG AND I CAN'T WASTE TIME EVERY DAY TO CALL TO HAVE THIS FIXED.

Can someone on eBays engineering team please look into this and let me know if it's being worked on?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Duplicated Listings when New Listing and Revising

I am also having same issue - ebay need to sort this out ASAP - it's crazy that we can be penalised and charged for their error!

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

It happens 41 times in 1 day. My listed items even continue to show up on the unlisted items. Was told it is my responsibility to just check to be sure item is not already listed. I had to waste those 41 listings by ending the resisted items. If a seller doesn't catch the resisted item Ebay gets on their butt.This on top of photos no showing up when resisting items is horrendous. Ebay needs some qualified technicians preferably from the US.
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@atavium  @ryanrobyn  @secretlabel  Not sure if this tool will help you but thought I'd share it just in case.

It will scan for listings with the same exact title for buy it now listings only

http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm

I also flagged the community team and asked if there is a ticket for this issue.  I'll let you know what I hear about it.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

@atavium  @ryanrobyn  @secretlabel  I also forgot to add that when reporting tech issues social media usually works best as there is not a language barrier to deal with.

To speed things up in the private message chat box enter your registered account info.... name, address, phone #, email, user ID and brief explanation of the issue.   Then they don't have to contact you to ask for your personal info and you wait to here back again.   

They usually respond within about 24 hours.  

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I don't really want to check to see if eBay has made an error - I think that is their duty,  part of the service they charge for.   I am fed up doing live chat and calling to sort this out.  It is happening again tonight after we have revised prices - more duplicate listings....  Selling on ebay is hard enough - without this sort of issue to contend with.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@secretlabel  I totally understand your frustration and agree that you shouldn't have to fix it.   

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@atavium wrote:

I am having to constantly call eBay to have them refund me insertion fees due to duplicate listings being created for my items.

They occur two different ways - about 25% of the time. 

While listing items. When I Submit Listing, it will create two listings. I know this happens because on the next page ,in the popup that says SUCCESS, the title link will display my items title twice in a row, like TITLETITLE.

This also occurs if I revise an item.

I need this fixed ASAP. I have called eBay 5 times over the past few days to have the duplicates removed and my insertion fees refunded. eBay support told me to call them when it happens again. REALLY?! THIS IS A HUGE BUG AND I CAN'T WASTE TIME EVERY DAY TO CALL TO HAVE THIS FIXED.

Can someone on eBays engineering team please look into this and let me know if it's being worked on?

Hi @atavium, I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered these problems. I want to troubleshoot this and get it reported, but I will need some information from you first. What Internet browser and operating system are you using? Can you provide a screenshot of the popup success screen that shows two duplicate titles in a row? I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@ryanrobyn

I see that you are using SellerSourceBook for your templates. They have an auto-relist service, so you may want to check whether that is turned on. It might be the source of some problems if you are relisting manually and the service is auto-relisting.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

hi i was check the  duplicate checker  and he shown :

Processed 572 Listings or Variations and found 56 sets of possible duplicates.\
i was calls in last week in support and ask why  i ahve my sales down and in my top sales listing now wievs and they say that all with listings okey... i just have from summer update a down sales with duplicates and  my all top sales listings almoust 2 mounth without sales and wievs .. please can you help with this becouse i was try all and makes mobile friendly fix and try revice it changed titles photos but no point.

L

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

We have this issue that the ebay system thinks it knows better and assumes things are the same when they are clearly not. 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Interesting comment: Everytime I have more then one listing showing if I don't find it first and remove it Ebay removes it nd sends me not so nice messages. So to ask a seller to provide the 2 listings for view is asking for trouble for the seller.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

...YES. And if the duplicates are not caught, and the first listing sells.... then the second listing goes "live" and the item may sell again. I have had many cases this year in which I sell an item that I had only ONE of, then some weeks or months later it sells AGAIN! (not knowing it had been duplicated).  I have to apologize to the second customer saying that item already sold and is not in stock anymore. Then do a refund. Got hit with bad or neutral feedback, and got dinged on reports which then lowered my Rating which upped my rates and decreased my traffic. 

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Yesterday I received two seperate messages. Each was titled:

"Your listing has been removed: Duplicate Listings"

In each of the messages, I was blamed for adding duplicate listings to my items for sale. In each message received the message includes the duplicate listing and the original listing numbers. For both messages, a total of four listings were identified with identical titles and different item numbers.

What is disturbing is that | did not list the item twice. For some reason after relisting the item sucessfully, eBay generated another identical listing comprising of an item number that was numerically two or three whole numbers higher than the item number that I received upon the successful relist! Something is drastically wrong with the listing feature if it is generating more than one listing number when I submit through the SYI tool. Only until the July statement is released will I know if I have been charged twice for the listings.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@too_toot

Do you still have the messages from eBay with the item numbers?

Can you post those duplicate item numbers here so that brian@ebay  can bring those examples to the development team?  What browser did you use during listing? Or did you use the App?

@too_toot wrote:

Yesterday I received two seperate messages. Each was titled:

"Your listing has been removed: Duplicate Listings"

In each of the messages, I was blamed for adding duplicate listings to my items for sale. In each message received the message includes the duplicate listing and the original listing numbers. For both messages, a total of four listings were identified with identical titles and different item numbers.

What is disturbing is that | did not list the item twice. For some reason after relisting the item sucessfully, eBay generated another identical listing comprising of an item number that was numerically two or three whole numbers higher than the item number that I received upon the successful relist! Something is drastically wrong with the listing feature if it is generating more than one listing number when I submit through the SYI tool. Only until the July statement is released will I know if I have been charged twice for the listings.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 15 of 19
latest reply