cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRASIC DROP IN SALES SINCE JUNE 2018 FROM TOP RATED POWER SELLER

I have had a drastic drop in sales since June 2018---I am a top rated powe seller with all positive feedbacks----Is there anybody out there wit same issues---i was told there might be some technical issues----Please share--I'm very concened

Message 1 of 58
latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Re: DRASIC DROP IN SALES SINCE JUNE 2018 FROM TOP RATED POWER SELLER

I have been a top rated seller for about 14 years, this spring we ramped up from 100-200 listings to about 500 and had been shipping out approximately 50 - 60 items per week  and looking to add more inventory. Our sales came to a sudden halt one day a couple of weeks ago, to maybe 5 items a week. My listings are below market pricing, offer free returns, have full titles, completed item specifics, full description, photos, etc. I searched for my listings and found them buried as well, very often the last listings and almost every listing I checked. I called eBay last week twice to speak to a supervisor,not available so had to have call back within 24 hours, no call back. I finally called back tonight and held for supervisor. I was first told that it was my fault, that I have some listing  with ALL CAPS or had - in title, maybe two-three percent of my listing max, and caps don't affect algorithims so not a valid reason. Went through some examples of my listings to show no problems with listings but still buried listings. I was then told that buyers may be just no longer interested in our products, really? buying habits changed overnight?  Literally one day 10-12 items, then nothing.

They will not admit to any problems. Even a few weeks back when they deleted photos from listings, they wouldn't admit it until they had to, then the search results showing a number of results but only showing one listing.

I don't know what's happening to eBay, it has been difficult but profitable until now.  I know this is just not an  isolated instance, that it is happening to many others. I  would just like to know if this is to force a change in eBay sellers or if it's just a glitch that has a work around. I followed a suggestion to change from GTC to 30 day duration so when relist in 30 days they will come up as new listings. 

Very frustrated!

Message 16 of 58
latest reply

It's ridiculous!! Been selling on ebay for 11 years. This is MY busy time of year because I sell a lot of summer clothing for women.

My sales have been horrible. I used to spend the better part of the morning getting my shipping ready but now there is barely anything to ship.  And what really doesn't make sense is I'm used to paying 3-4x as much in ebay fees every month this time of year. Doesn't ebay want my money? 

The suggestion to do 30 day listings instead of GTC is also ridiculous. That would be fine if you have less than 100 listings but anymore would take away from new listings.

Ebay - what is going on?!

Message 17 of 58
latest reply

We are in the same boat, our sales have dropped 53%.  We aren't doing anything different, except we did lose our Top Rated Seller status when we refused to accept free returns...we did at first and then saw a spike and we decided we just couldn't afford it. 

We do offer free shipping and 1 day (usually same day) shipping.  We have started selling on PrarieGrit...a new online market with flat rate monthly fees for our antique/colletible items only and have actually had some luck...but our eBay sales are so pisspoor it is affecting our financial livelihood.

I have called to inquire and the ebay representatives blame it on us, it is so frustrating to have been doing so well and growing our business and maintaining a 100% rating and then the rug gets pulled out from underneath you for phantom reasons.

I guess today I will spend hours and hours ending every listing and relisting items...not exactly what I call a good use of my time!

Message 18 of 58
latest reply

I can't imagine why; it couldn't possibly have anything to do with all the tech issues and sellers' sales falling off of a cliff, so what could it be...???

"eBay's second-quarter earnings report fell heavily short of analyst expectations, with revenue growth dimming to 9% y/y (from 12% y/y last quarter)."

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4188922-ebay-stagnation-mode

Message 19 of 58
latest reply

I would like to tell you that it is the way you have things listed or the duration or some other reason like other have suggested. I truly believe that the problem is with Ebay. I believe that something is going on that they don't want anyone to know about. Major glitches that are affecting everyone (except for maybe the largest sellers) across the board. How to we sellers get to the bottom of it? I don't know. Ebay's quarterly number were dismal. They are laying people off wholesale. Look at Ecommercebytes. That may give you some answers. It is a newsletter that follow verious selling platforms. What I'm hearing from you is what I hear from almost everyone. My sales are half of what they were at the beginning of the year. It's real simple Ebay needs to stop trying to be more like Amazon and just be Ebay. 

Message 20 of 58
latest reply

"It's real simple Ebay needs to stop trying to be more like Amazon and just be Ebay."

They've forgotten what MADE eBay, and what made eBay GREAT: It was THE worldwide 24/7/365 garage/yard/surplus sale platform where one could find pretty much anything and everything, because IT WAS MORE ECONOMICAL to sell it on eBay than to trash/scrap/recycle it, so that's what everyone did...

But now... Smiley Very Happy LMAO!!!

Professionally run flea markets typically divide sellers into categories. One nearby flea market classifes selers as casual, regular, and commercial; individual, small-business, and large-business, essentially. But now, in their infinite wisdom eBay has tossed us all into the large-business category and expects us small-fry sellers to conduct business like 24/7/365 big-box online retailers, which is 180-degrees opposed to what made eBay and made eBay great, so it's no wonder that eBay is ALL messed up.

OBVIOUSLY, the basic concept that eBay only makes money when sellers make money is lost to the MBAs running the show; they've essentially committed suicide, and taken us all with them. They think that brushing off sellers like me, with my WHAT USED TO BE paltry sub-$1000/month commission, is a great idea since all we do is clog up their system, then they wonder why eBay's income is down -- duh, uh-huh, uhh, pass da Brawndo.

Water? Like outta the toilet? Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 58
latest reply

I found out my listings were buried at the end of all most all relevant searches, with my listings with content, top rated, free returns etc. I've been dealing with Ebay customer support for weeks to no avail. I tried a work around by using the bulk editing tool to end all my listings which is just over 500 which took labout 30 minutes. I relisted them shorly thereafter and my listings are now at the top of all the searches that I've checked, going from 3rd, 4th pages in some cases to  top of first.

They did start charging me $.10 a listing because I've listed my 500 twice and my store entitles me to 1,000 free with store.  I shouldn't be charged but it is worth it. I've already sold 3 items in the last couple of hours, which gives me hope as sales had dried up due to being buried. I would suggest this work around as a fix to get your listings in sight of buyers/

Message 22 of 58
latest reply

Use The bulk editing tool to end and relist 100 at a time in minutes
Message 23 of 58
latest reply

Ebay said your prices were too high? They told us to raise ours to cover any returns. We said no way.

Message 24 of 58
latest reply

Yes, this is a known bug and they are working on it. I saw sellers on youtube say they were given credits to compensate them, but not me~! I've been hit with several of the bugs and I'm almost out of business here. I've been having to add them back in manually as I was told to do. 

Anita at ModelSupplies & DNAshopper

Message 25 of 58
latest reply

It's possible you are being punished for something as am I. I'm not sure what it is and it doesn't show in my metrics anymore - they're 100% clean. I was told it was something on April 9th, but they couldn't see what it was. So the punishment is not teaching me much except to find alternative employment. 

Message 26 of 58
latest reply

I was told my listings are being suppressed as a punishment for something I did in April - but they can't see what it is. My back story is just like yours. I was also told it would begin to improve, but I'm still not showing up until page 23 on my best keywords. I'm going to have to get a job or really crank the other channels now! No warning, just like you, OVERNIGHT. And also told me "not desirable" etc. when I was just in the top 10% of beauty sellers a couple of months ago. Something's not right. 

Message 27 of 58
latest reply

Right??! My seller fees went from $1200/mo to $538 and getting less every day. Why are they doing this?? 

Message 28 of 58
latest reply

sneaky changes is why
Message 29 of 58
latest reply

Curtious of shipscript & Dolly step 1 Find listing that need photos
The Bulk Photo Scanner will scan up to 10,000 listings and produce a report with the count of photos in each listing. Listings with zero or one photo are candidates for repair.

http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/BulkPhotoScanner.htm

step 2
Use this link to learn how to find missing cached photos on google (big time saver easier than you think drag to file then drag to revision)
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Replacing-Active-Content/Find-Listings-that-are-missing-photos/m-p/287...
Message 30 of 58
latest reply