cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRASIC DROP IN SALES SINCE JUNE 2018 FROM TOP RATED POWER SELLER

I have had a drastic drop in sales since June 2018---I am a top rated powe seller with all positive feedbacks----Is there anybody out there wit same issues---i was told there might be some technical issues----Please share--I'm very concened

Message 1 of 58
latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Hear, hear!  If folks wanted to shop on Amazon, they'd do it.  But if they were looking for something unique, vintage, hard-to-find, discontinued, etc- they *used* to go to eBay.  I think that a lot of the issues affecting sellers are also affecting buyers, and after 2 or 3 times of trying to use a site they once knew and were accustomed to, and not being able to locate easily what they once could, my guess is a lot of buyers threw in the towel.  I know a lot of people in my area are selling on Facebook Marketplace to avoid eBay/PayPal/shipping fees, which might be happening in other areas as well.  Time for eBay to take a page from the Coca Cola company and ditch 'New Coke' for the 'Original Formula'......

Message 31 of 58
latest reply

No, it's a tech issue. They appear to be migrating platforms for at least some of the stores, like mine. However, one of my  competitors is sitting at the top of my keywords who is also on the same new server. 

Anita at ModelSupplies & DNAshopper

Message 32 of 58
latest reply

i was rear ended in a car accident 15 times in the same month by the same driver,the drivers mother assured me that her son was just a bad driver and he was sorry and it wouldn't happen again, it happens again the mother reassured it was not done on purpose.he didn't have insurance and i understand because of what the mother said never got to talk to the son about it because he fled the scene,she assured me he was only scared i might be mad and didn't want to talk to me about it but was sorry i told her i would like to hear from him and she said she would see what she could do,still waiting to hear but i'm sure that i will hear from him any day now and all the damages will be made right and everything will be ok
Message 33 of 58
latest reply

Sounds about right; logical; sensible; at least they're doing the right thing...

Obviously eBay won their government surplus bid for a boatload of bureaucrat hacks.

(Yeah, like outta the toilet!)

Message 34 of 58
latest reply

I think you can trace sales falling off a cliff to the start of the new search engine. Mine went down to the day it was initiated.
Message 35 of 58
latest reply

You have to wonder if Ebay reads these posts. I see seller after seller saying the same exact thing. I have never seen a company that care less about their customers than Ebay. They don't seem to understand that the sellers are their customer and the buyers are our customers.
Message 36 of 58
latest reply

Yes, this^ I'm not sure if the listings need to be changed from GTC to 30 days, but was told to reset them by taking my long ranking, lovely "sold 1000s" - ending them *cries* then make a change to the price and title, relist (I'm doing 30 days because of your post thanks) so they can be reindexed in search. This seems to be working somewhat, though we are still at half sales. At least we do get a new customer here and there again, whereas before, we had ONLY our repeat customers and eBay was charging us AD FEES for those~!! So I stopped the advertising since we are/were not showing up in search anyway.

Thanks for your help and I hope this helps someone, too~!
We are still Top Rated Powersellers, but fell from Silver to Bronze =(

Message 37 of 58
latest reply

Same thing for us~! Fees cut to less than half~!!! If I was still an investor, I'd be pretty mad~!

Message 38 of 58
latest reply

You sound just like way too many sellers I have read about or conversed with. If Ebay is planning some grand change I wish they would just come right out with it instead of strangling all the small sellers. At least that would give us a chance to find other sites. I love capitalism but it people like Ebay's execs that give it a bad name. I don't know if we can mention other sites on these threads but there is one PM that may be good for your.
Message 39 of 58
latest reply

From what I am seeing your story is getting to be in the hundreds from just my point of view. It's probably bore like the hundreds of thousands in actuality. Anyone could go through these threads and see there is a problem but it seems like Ebay is just not willing to admit it. I have read the same old story over and over. People call Ebay and Ebay says it's the sellers fault.
Message 40 of 58
latest reply

Sounds like Ebay has set a trap and you are head long into it. You use up your free listings and have to relist just to get exposure? Sounds like this is Ebay's way of boosting revenues.
Message 41 of 58
latest reply

Brawndo It's what plants crave. The people in that movie were smarter than Ebay execs.
Message 42 of 58
latest reply

I would say it is absolutely nothing you did or are being punished for. Your story is just like hundreds of thousands if not millions of sellers. How to I come up with those figures well just me reading posts has come up with hundreds so if you do the math and figure each one of those know hundreds and so on and so on it eventually comes out to millions. 

Message 43 of 58
latest reply

Right on right on right on right on.
Message 44 of 58
latest reply

Yeah, it's weird. Every customer service response after that seemed to confirm it wasn't a punishment. Then someone slipped up and said I had items pulled down and that could affect my search results - what? They contradict themselves so much, I don't know what to believe anymore. Business is great on Amazon and picking up on Mercari. Even my Shopify store did over $1,000 in sales the last month. This is where I'm going to put my attention. I don't know what's happened to eBay, but this episode has shown me I've put too much stock in one venue. I pray to God I can keep paying the mortgage and car, etc.

Message 45 of 58
latest reply