cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Count of Listings in Store not matching count for Active Listings?

I've been tracking our store count for the past several days... but the reported # of listings in our store... is continually about 30 items less than eBay indicates for our "Active Listings."   As it's apparent that there is no "technical help" option in speaking with customer support... I figured that I'd try here.

I've been watching the number of listings in our eBay store jump back and forth... to the correct number (matching Active Listings) and then later reporting a lower number... where it stays for days at a time.

Can't tell is there are items not showing up on eBay servers... or if there is another remedy the can get us back to numbers that correctly match our true inventory.  I've refreshed all of our listings... and held off more than 24 hours before listing more new items... to no avail.  Only "Active Listings" has an accurate number... while our eBay Store reflects incorrect listing totals.

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I was finally able to speak to an agent about this problem (so lesson learned:  when all else fails... just keep telling the chat bot that you want to "connect with an agent").  At first they though this was a new issue... but after some digging... the agent confirmed that this is a known issue; originally reported through eBay (United Kingdom).  They were able to confirm that there is a discrepancy between the Active Listings and the eBay Store... and that searches are impacted as well.  They acknowledge it as being a problem that needs to be corrected.. but their tech team has no resolution for it yet.  They have added my User ID to the ticket that is already on file.  And so for now... we wait.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 20 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

I have been reviewing this over the last 2 days and I am having the same issue.  Currently my store shows over 300 items less than what I have listed in my seller hub.  (7137 items show in store but I have 7493 showing up in my listings)  Hopefully someone from ebay technical support will look inot this. 

Message 2 of 49
latest reply

Same here. I have 8512 and it's showing 1762. I haven't found it to impact anything yet, but I do wonder if those listings will show up in search so I can edit qty. etc...Also are they showing up in customer searches? No idea because I have no idea which listings are "missing".

Message 3 of 49
latest reply

I noticed it 2 days ago and posted about it in the Selling forum where a couple of others said the same was happening to them (https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Invisible-Listings/m-p/34164910/highlight/true#M2323731)

I have considerably fewer listings than most people, but that made it easy for me to notice.

Thing is, 2 days ago, there were actually 2 items NOT SHOWING UP when viewing my listings while not logged in and using my phone's browser, not the app. Later, those items actually showed back up, but the number was still off by 2.

Now, the count is off by 3 instead of just 2.

Nothing like a computer that can't count considering 1s and 0s literally make code what it is, and counting is a very basic function. 

Message 4 of 49
latest reply

Two full days later... and the problem still hasn't changed.   Disappointing...

Message 5 of 49
latest reply

@saturdaystoys    I'm seeing 635 in active listings and in the store

@dpack0   I'm seeing 7100+ in active listings and 7155 in the store

@elisesmommy   I'm seeing 8600+ in active listings and 8606 in store

Message 6 of 49
latest reply

Thanks! That is good to know, so it must just be a glitch in the way it is displaying in the active listings tab in seller hub.

Message 7 of 49
latest reply

After listing several new items this morning, I now show 641 items in my store... and 661 items in Active Listings.  Both counts increased as a result of the added listings... but the 20 missing items in the store remain unaccounted for with no indication as to which listings are missing.

Message 8 of 49
latest reply

Yesterday I was updating listings, adding more inventory and size variations to listings when I realized that missing does indeed mean missing in the active listing tab. (I had previously speculated that the numbers were just off, but the listings might show up in a specific search.) Several items I searched did not come up as "active listings", but when I went to the store tab to search them they were there. This adds extra clicks for each item and makes it all more difficult. They need to fix this! Calling...sigh

Message 9 of 49
latest reply

Here’s a new twist .

Currently my store shows I have more items than my active listing page. 
Active listing page in seller hub is 3457 my store shows 3512 as well as View Items for sale.

I don’t see any listings that don’t belong, I’m not seeing duplicate listings either. 

Message 10 of 49
latest reply

yup been that way since start of the weekend, called yesterday, had a good rep but they couldn't find reason for the issue, said filed ticket, idk if they actually did. It's been whatever says in seller hub store says 1-2 higher.

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 11 of 49
latest reply

eBay sure has it’s odd goings on lately. 

Message 12 of 49
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

eBay sure has it’s odd goings on lately. 

so, everythings as normal then 😆... 

...last time we had issue with item counts on the store, took ebay weeks to even admit there was a problem, then another 2 or so for them to fix it

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 13 of 49
latest reply

In eBay world yes all is just dandy lol 

Message 14 of 49
latest reply