cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Member: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." message for past 5 days!

For the past 5 days the Contact Member process through the Feedback profile keeps giving me the following message:

"Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." 

I have put the correct item number when prompted to "Enter item Number" and when I click "continue" I recieve the error message. 

Any idea when this will be fixed?

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: Contact Member: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." message for past

@hjrijo2011 

I bought this article and I have not received it. I am trying to contact the seller and I only get this message. The article is 293157786368.

That item does not appear to be visible to me, either because it is not available in the US, or the listing has expired or been removed by eBay. If you can locate the item in your Purchase History and it is past the last estimated delivery date but not yet sixty days since the purchase, you may be able to start a case by choosing "I didn't receive it" under "more actions". Be sure to "ask eBay to step in" at the earliest possible time, usually four days after starting a claim. Once sixty days has passed from the purchase or thirty days from the last expected delivery, you will no longer be able to get eBay to step in.

https://pages.ebay.com/ebay-money-back-guarantee/questions.html

If the item does not appear in your Purchase History or you are unable to get eBay to step in after four days, try going through the eBay Resolution Center link at the bottom of the page. If you are unable to find the item there, the listing has expired or been removed by eBay. You will need to start an "item not received" claim through PayPal or your particular payment source. PayPal and many credit cards give you up to 180 days from the purchase to make such a claim, but be sure to only make one claim at a time; opening claims on eBay, PayPal or your payment provider at the same time about the same item will get your claim dismissed.

https://www.paypal.com/be/smarthelp/article/what-do-i-do-if-i-haven%27t-received-my-item-or-if-it-do...

Message 61 of 80
latest reply

Re: Contact Member: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." message for past

Hi! I have the same problem in different browsers (chrome/ie) and mobile app too.
Don't know how to find solution

Message 62 of 80
latest reply

@taty_mats 

Have you tried contacting the seller through their profile page without adding an item number?

If you are trying to contact the seller using an item number that has expired or been removed, you will get an error message. If the seller has been removed, you will also get an error message (and will not be able to contact them at all).

Message 63 of 80
latest reply

Has anyone fount the answer to this issue?  I'm trying to contact the seller and keep getting Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later.

This happens when I go to the order details page and select contact seller.  I then under "Select A Topic" I choose I received an item that wasn't as described, I add a comment and hit the contact seller button and I get Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later.

No matter how I get to that page, once I hit the blue contact seller button I get Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later.

Message 64 of 80
latest reply

Me too and it is now 18th September with no sight of any resolution.  I am running out of time to return the item which is broken.

Message 65 of 80
latest reply

@lewis_on_the_hill 

Use the Resolution Center link at the bottom of the page.

If the item or seller is no longer listed on eBay, you may have to go through your payment source -- PayPal or your credit card.

Message 66 of 80
latest reply

eBay customer service was very helpful and I managed with their help to contact the vendor - awaiting to see what the vendor says now! Very happy with eBay 🙂

Message 67 of 80
latest reply

I get the same message when I try to access my messages or contact a seller. How about getting this problem fixed? It is very frustrating.
Message 68 of 80
latest reply

Same problem.

itemid=121345728193
transid=2186812848002
I'm getting error 500.  Something went wrong. We’re sorry. There is no way to report item I didn't received. 
Message 69 of 80
latest reply

Hello Tyler, I think I may have been scammed but I don’t think Ebay is letting me do anything about it

Message 70 of 80
latest reply

Can I be added to the ticket?  When I try to read any member's notification for an offer, I get this message & can't open on chrome or android,  although I've cleared cache & cookies. Going in over a week

Message 71 of 80
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I am also having the same issue. Unable to contact a seller  for days.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/buyhitek?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Do you know How can I fix this problem?

Thank you.

Message 72 of 80
latest reply

Well, it's been going on (cannot write a review)  for weeks now, and I cleared my Ebay cookies,and logged in again. Same issue

Message 73 of 80
latest reply

This is making me nuts! I get it when trying to contact a customer, adding tracking info and updating listings! When is this going to be fixed! I can't even reply to offers from customers!!!!

Message 74 of 80
latest reply

@booknook054 

General suggestions for those encountering problems:

Disabling ad blockers, pop-up blockers, script blockers or other privacy tools on the sign-in or verification page or other error-prone pages can sometimes help; many of those have settings that can interfere with verification. You may be able to turn them back on once you have signed in and updated your eBay cookies.

In some cases, pages load better with an ad blocker or script blocker, though.

If you are using Firefox, try disabling Enhanced Tracking Protection on eBay using the shield icon to the left of the page address.

If you are able to sign in using a private or incognito browser window, that might indicate a problem with a corrupt or blocked cookie. Try erasing just your eBay cookies manually in that case.

If you are routinely clearing all your cookies, you will likely have to go through verification again each time you sign in.

Or try a different browser -- preferably the latest version of a popular browser that you do not normally use and one that has no add-ons or extensions installed.

Check your browser for updates here:

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

If there is an alternative link or path to whatever function you are trying to use, see if that works better for you. You might try using the eBay app, or signing in to ebay.ca to read your messages, for instance. If you are using a mobile device, try using a desktop browser instead, or vice versa.

Message 75 of 80
latest reply