cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Member: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." message for past 5 days!

For the past 5 days the Contact Member process through the Feedback profile keeps giving me the following message:

"Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." 

I have put the correct item number when prompted to "Enter item Number" and when I click "continue" I recieve the error message. 

Any idea when this will be fixed?

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: Contact Member: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." message for past

I've not seen your particular problem reported anywhere ... also, I have no problems with that feature (it works for me).

Message 2 of 80
latest reply

Re: Contact Member: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." message for past

I am also seeing this problem when clicking the "contact" link on a user's profile page, eg the contact link on this page https://www.ebay.com/usr/scott10019

Message 3 of 80
latest reply

Ah, thanks for the direct link.  eBay has changed the link to the contact page, and that particular page looks to still have the link to the old contact page.

I'll post a note over on the tech forum about the error.

Message 4 of 80
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@chadsgirl44 wrote:

For the past 5 days the Contact Member process through the Feedback profile keeps giving me the following message:

"Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." 

I have put the correct item number when prompted to "Enter item Number" and when I click "continue" I recieve the error message. 

Any idea when this will be fixed?

Hi @chadsgirl44 and @redsupergoober - thanks for letting me know you're both running into this issue. I've added you to the open ticket we have with our tech team. Thanks for your patience while this gets sorted!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 80
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I'm using Safari on OSX (though I don't think it makes a difference) - if I have the browser debug console open I see this error message when I hit the contact link:

Error: Cannot find module "ebay/legacy/utils/Uri"

Maybe that will help track it down.

Message 6 of 80
latest reply

Hey Tyler, can you add me to the tech ticket> Haven't been able to contact a member for days, just get the "oops" message every time. Even happens when I try to reply to direct messages sent to me that aren't linked to an item.

Message 7 of 80
latest reply

I also get that error message when replying to a message a buyer sent me but my response does get sent.  Check your Sent message folder, you might see that it was sent over regardless of the error message.

Message 8 of 80
latest reply

tyler@ebayI saw you replying to people on the community board who are having the same issue I am when trying to contact a potential buyer. I called Ebay customer service and the woman I spoke with was nice, but clearly VERY low-level, speaking with a thick accent which made it difficult at times to understand her and taking audible instructions from a supervisor speaking to her. She told me, basically, that they were logging my concern. But she didn't seem to really KNOW anything, nor did I end up talking to anyone who did. Can you confirm that my account ID is added to whatever "ticket" (or whatever it's called) there is, because this is driving me nuts. I can't communicate with the buyers making offers to me.

thanks!

Message 9 of 80
latest reply

Do you know a way to get access to the correct page so we can contact biddrs/buyers?

Thanks

Message 10 of 80
latest reply

@shes-always-right wrote:

tyler@ebayI saw you replying to people on the community board who are having the same issue I am when trying to contact a potential buyer. I called Ebay customer service and the woman I spoke with was nice, but clearly VERY low-level, speaking with a thick accent which made it difficult at times to understand her and taking audible instructions from a supervisor speaking to her. She told me, basically, that they were logging my concern. But she didn't seem to really KNOW anything, nor did I end up talking to anyone who did. Can you confirm that my account ID is added to whatever "ticket" (or whatever it's called) there is, because this is driving me nuts. I can't communicate with the buyers making offers to me.

thanks!

Hi @shes-always-right - hmmm, I see your account has been added to several tickets in the past, but not this one about messaging. I've gotten you added though, no worries there. Thanks for letting me know!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 80
latest reply

@thydeuce wrote:

Do you know a way to get access to the correct page so we can contact biddrs/buyers?

Thanks

Hi @thydeuce - there isn't an official workaround that I'm aware of, but another member on this thread said that for them the message was still sending, even though the error was happening. Check your sent folder just in case!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 80
latest reply

tyler@ebay  Thanks. This is having a major negative effect on my ability to sell stuff to people making offers. (I can reply to offers, of course, but I can't write to the potential buyer separately to let them know what I can do.)

I saw your reply to someone else and want to clarify that I can't even get to a screen to TYPE a message (unless it's in reply to someone who already messaged me a question that's pegged to an item I'm selling or unless I have an existing transaction with them). Based on my reading of other people's posts, this seems to be the same thing that's happening to most people posting about this here and in another thread — we get the Oops! error BEFORE we ever see the screen where we'd start typing our message.

Totally unrelated, can you also add me to whatever ticket exists for people getting spammed by "saved search" emails? I know this was a known issue a few months ago, but I'm starting to see phantom "saved search" emails again for searches I deleted a long, long time ago. The issues actually seem to have started at the same time, roughly 10 days ago, although that may be coincidence.

Message 13 of 80
latest reply

tyler@ebay

UPDATE: OK, everything just changed. For the first time I got the error when trying to send a message to someone I have an existing transaction with, and it happened AFTER I typed the message and hit send. Sure enough, the message is in my "sent" mail. So that's a pain in the butt, but not really a big deal.

However, I am still TOTALLY unable to even type a message to someone I do NOT have an existing transaction with who has not already messaged me with a message linked to an existing item.

Message 14 of 80
latest reply

Looks like this issue has been fixed! Thank you very much for restoring my faith in posting on these boards and having a great customer experience!

Message 15 of 80
latest reply