cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
56 REPLIES 56

Checkout issues with PayPal

I have the same problem. It only started happening this evening. At checkout I select paypal as a payment option, a popup window opens to login into paypal, I login and it takes me back to the screen to select a payment option, endless loop!

I shall try the fix posted above... tomorrow, off to bed now 🙂

Message 16 of 57
latest reply

I haven't been able to make a single Ebay purchase for a couple of weeks now due to a problem when trying to check out using PayPal. When I try to make an Ebay purchase, it directs me to enter my email and password for PayPal, after which it just hangs and it doesn't prompt PayPal to send me a one time 6 digit verification code to enter.

However, I can log in to my PayPal account separately without problem.

I've checked everything at the PayPal end, and everything is as it should be. Seems to be an issue at the Ebay end not communicating properly with PayPal.

Can anyone help please !

Message 17 of 57
latest reply

Do you have the double verification with paypal?  If so, people have disabled it, to pay on ebay, and then reinstated it.  There seems to be a problem with the double verification with ebay.

Message 18 of 57
latest reply

Mine was fixed, but popped up again. -- I contacted Ebay itself through the call option and they said the problem was limited to the sellers end due to a sellers limitation. If you guys are having this problem still you might can see if that is the issue. Just call ebay and tell them if your card is working good on other purchases, but you can't get it to go through to one seller(if that is what's going on). -- After the person I talked to looked it up they told me to tell the seller to contact them so they could resolve the issue.

"You wear a mask for so long that you forget who you once were beneath it."
Message 19 of 57
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal is a disaster! I'm ready to close both my Ebay and PayPal accounts. They blame each other, and I've been on the phone dozens of times within the past month with PayPal to resolve a variety of issues that have nothing to do with me or my bank account. Ebay would be better off dumping PayPal and using a payment platform that is reliable and predictable. The PayPal staff are clueless, and hide behind the mantra of "security" and do nothing other than offer ideas of workarounds their own payment system. 

Message 20 of 57
latest reply

hi try going on microsoft edge put in ebay and then sign in to paypal and pay for your items off ebay that way i no its a pain but works for me paypal ebay blaming each other is chrome to bleme we just don't no but how frustating is it when you can't sign in

Message 22 of 57
latest reply

using a phone? I tried to find some where in Paypal for a single step check out like you suggested could not find a place to change settings??  I'm using a desktop

Message 23 of 57
latest reply

@johnr8048 

Sign in to your account at paypal.com and then use the gear icon in the upper right. Then use the "Security" tab to reach the page where 2-step verification is offered. Below that is also an option for setting up "One Touch for auto login at checkout". That should work for a particular browser on a particular device.

Message 24 of 57
latest reply

still just getting a spinning window after I sign in to Paypal in Ebay to try & check out??

Message 25 of 57
latest reply

link is no longer working 

Message 26 of 57
latest reply

@johnr8048 

Try temporarily disabling your ad blocker and cross-site tracking blocker, or try another browser (or mobile browser or eBay app). That seems to help others who have the same problem.

See the responses here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Ebay-Checkout-Issue-not-Connecting-to-Paypal-Undefine...

Message 27 of 57
latest reply

I can almost be certain that this issue is caused by Google Chrome. It happened to me suddenly after years of no problems, the two days in a row with different items. I restarted eBay using another browser (in my case FireFox) and it worked as it should. A pox on Google Chrome IMO.

Message 28 of 57
latest reply

I've had the same problem at checkout on ebay using PayPal login window not completing. The ebay consultant said it might be a problem with the paypal servers but I had no trouble logging in directly at the paypal site. The paypal consultant suggested I try a different browser. I have always used Google Chrome (with a pop-up blocker)  and this is the only problem I've had with this browser. So I download Mozilla Firefox and was able to complete the purchase instantly. I don't know if the problem is with Chrome or the pop-blocker but FireFox worked fine. Hope this helps.

Message 29 of 57
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, I just wanted to confirm that we are investigating this issue now and I have added all of the impacted users from this thread to our report. I don't have an estimated time for a fix at the moment, but will touch base if I need more info from anyone. In the meantime, make sure there is nothing wrong with your PayPal account (address, card on file, etc.) and that you PayPal login info is up to date. Try logging in to the regular PayPal site with the same account information to double check, and to ensure there is no account issue on PayPal's end that could be interfering with payment. Lastly, clear your browsing history/cache/cookies and attempt payment again. Some members may find checkout is successful when using a different browser, by trying to check out on a desktop or the mobile version of the site (whichever you were not using originally), or by logging into eBay.ca and completing checkout there. Be aware if you buy the item on eBay.ca, any potential issues with your purchase would be addressed on eBay.ca going forward.

Message 30 of 57
latest reply