cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create a promotion or a sale...I get a Try Again Later error

I can't create any sales or promotions; goes through the motions until the last click and then "Something went wrong.  Try again later".  ALL DAY!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Can't create a promotion or a sale...I get a Try Again Later error

Hey @dogsrus3 - I've been getting that error a lot lately, but when I open the promotions manager dashboard I find that my sale or promotion actually was created despite the error message.

Did you check this page to see if your attempts were successful?

https://www.ebay.com/sh/mkt/promotionmanager/dashboard

Edit: When I view your offers page, I see 3 active sales that are live through May 3rd:

https://www.ebay.com/sme/dogsrus3/offers.html

That doesn't speak to anything pending/scheduled that isn't live yet.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yes I did and it didn't.  I've rebooted my computer and everything else seems to be working fine (offers, shipping, etc).  Thanks for your response

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

So these are not the sales that gave you errors on creation? Just want to confirm.

promotions-dogsrus.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

No, I could create 2 or 3 sales but wanted to do more sales and it wouldn't let me - same error.  As of yesterday, same error.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yes I did.  I was able to create 2 or 3 sales but when I tried to create more, I got the same error.  I called ebay and they are looking into it - thank you for your reply!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Been getting that error for over a year every time I use it, it takes multiple times to make things work properly. Reported it several times, never a change.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

For what it's worth, for those who are still visiting this post, this might also help. I duplicated a promo, leaving everything as it was previously, and it came up with that error. I kept at it from every angle and eventually I noticed that my "selected offer image" was defaulting to an empty image cell which had previously contained an image in the old promotion.  Doing a 'Copy' of the promotion had caused a loss of one of these images.  When I switched to another image and selected it then it worked straight away. 🤷‍

Message 8 of 8
latest reply