cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Listing/Seller Hub charging insertion fee's when there are free listings in my store.

Today there is a problem with the bulk listing feature on the Seller Hub.  I try to list and they are charing me fee's when I have a store and all my free listings havent even been used.  Its Sept 1 and I have 1000 free listings.   This is reidiciouls that I have to call ebay to call this (i'm sure they know) feature's issue.  Every time I call ebay, my sales go dormant for a week.    I'm really growing tired of all the glitches on this site as a seller.  Bulk Listing/Seller hub charging 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bulk Listing/Seller Hub charging insertion fee's when there are free listings in my store.

I had the same problem a week ago so I tried to submit two listing in the bulk lister and it stated that I would be charged for the two listings when I had plenty left. When I submitted the listings it adjusted itself and showed I was not charged for the listings so I finished submitting the rest of my listings and same thing, it showed I would be charged and I submitted the final listings and again it adjusted itself out and was not charged. The problem was fixed a few days later I thought. Now here it is the first of a new month and I saw your post so I thought I would try it and when I tried to bulk list it is saying I will be charged so I did the same thing and just tried to list two items and it was showing I will be charged and when I submitted the two listings it adjusted out after submitting it showed I would not be charged. I tried to list two more and the system fixed itself and is working correctly now showing there is no fee for the lsitings I just listed. Maybe it is OK now. Try to list two items and submit them even if it says you will be charged, it adjusts out after you submit the listing and maybe it will correct itself and start working correctly. Hope this helps

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: Bulk Listing/Seller Hub charging insertion fee's when there are free listings in my store.

This morning, it did not adjust out.   But now it does adjust out.   Very odd glitch and would cost sellers plenty of $ if the seller did not catch this.   Very frustrating as well as I hate making that dreaded call to customer service as everytime I call c/s it seems that sales go dormant for several days.  You'd think that ebay would put a notification out regarding this, I'm sure were not the only ones having this issure.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

According to ebay staff this is a new format for bulk editor.   I hope someone is wrong it's a glitch that will be fixed.  

"Estimated fees should be displayed when you are listing. Once the submit button is pushed in the bulk flow, the system checks for any applicable discounts or promotions. If any qualify, then the discount or promotion is applied to the account at the time the listing is started. When checking the actual account, the correct discount has been applied."

So you will need to be aware of the number of remaining listings you have and make sure you do not relist more than that or you could be charged.

You can check to make sure you are not charged by going to your account page. Under your name on the upper left hand corner click on account settings, then you will see your account billing page.

If you are charged contact ebay:

If you need more help you can contact ebay on social media. Do not give any personal information until an eBay employee contacts you offline:

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@comics-scifi-collectibles wrote:

According to ebay staff this is a new format for bulk editor.   I hope someone is wrong it's a glitch that will be fixed.  

"Estimated fees should be displayed when you are listing. Once the submit button is pushed in the bulk flow, the system checks for any applicable discounts or promotions. If any qualify, then the discount or promotion is applied to the account at the time the listing is started. When checking the actual account, the correct discount has been applied."

So you will need to be aware of the number of remaining listings you have and make sure you do not relist more than that or you could be charged.

You can check to make sure you are not charged by going to your account page. Under your name on the upper left hand corner click on account settings, then you will see your account billing page.

If you are charged contact ebay:

If you need more help you can contact ebay on social media. Do not give any personal information until an eBay employee contacts you offline:

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

@comics-scifi-collectibles

Comic............  I think Trinton backed off on that....showing the cost despite it being free.......statement and decided it was a glitch.........that was supposedly fixed.........   I know I relisted a bunch with bulk relister on 8/31 and was never shown a cost. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Sorry,, I'm slow this morn.........  best thing to do is try to relist 2 items with bulk relister and see if they are charged.......  Very rarely have people reported (over the years) that they are charged........but you can get refunds if incorrectly charged via phone.

Just remember though......if you have a store.......some categories are NOT included if you try to relist AUCTIONS in them and in those cases, you will be charged. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@dhbookds

Thanks.     I hope they finish fixing it soon for everyone else.   I'll just change the macro to this is happening for some sellers I guess.   

Glad it's not a format they are doing on purpose because that seemed like a SUPER bad idea.   

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I can understand why we have this format in Turbo Lister as Turbo has no way of knowing how many freebies or promos you have until it uploads, but there's absolutely ZERO reason for eBay itself to do this.

It makes it very hard to tell if you actually are going to incur a fee or not.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 8
latest reply