cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug found when clicking on See Other Items or Seller's Other Items

When I am viewing a listing from a keyword search and I click on the "See Other Items" link, it results in that particular seller's other items but still uses the keyword search.  You can't see their other items unless you clear the search box after clicking the link to see the other items.  This also happens when you are visiting a sold listing.  Please fix this ASAP.  Many people wouldn't notice this and clear the search box.  This could be a big part of why everyone's sales have dropped so drastically.  This is a BUG that needs fixing.  

Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Re: Bug found when clicking on See Other Items or Seller's Other Items

I actually like

http://ebaystores.com/storename

as a url more than the others. Much easier to direct customers! 

Anita at ModelSupplies & DNAshopper

Message 46 of 104
latest reply

Oh! And they are definitely eliminating me =(

Message 47 of 104
latest reply

My sales are less than half what they should be. Worst since at least the housing crash and more like when I did this as a side gig. I may have to get a j-o-b to get through this which will just be the end for me.

I started selling in 2002 and have had a store for the majority of that time, I think. I'm sure I've had it at least since 2007-2008. It could well be an old platform or something - I have that problem on Amazon, ironically, and can't format paragraphs or anything there.

No, I do not use a custom template. I moved away from that early and even stopping using the pretty listing styles in favor of optimizing for mobile and it really paid off. Until now...  

Message 48 of 104
latest reply

Search seems to be broken. Search your keywords and see how different the results are compared to a few months ago. 

One of my competitors is thriving and I can't tell what she's doing yet. She does not seem to have switched from GTC listing to 30 days, though, as the listing still states 1600+ sold.  Maybe you guys can help me examine it? Is it proper to post it here? I have a feeling I shouldn't... pm me

Message 49 of 104
latest reply

Using Firefox 31, it took me some work to get it to happen (disabling a Redirector rule for fixing other search issues), but, it does appear to be happening.

Whether it is a glitch or intentional is unknown (ebay wanting buyers to focus on narrow swath of a seller's item's?)

Difference is that a lot of the search URL parameter baggage is dragged along and included in the "See other items" link on the item listing page.

For example, a search with a URL of the form:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=playdoh&_sacat=0&LH_PrefLoc=1

produces about 6000 US only results.

Finding a non-store result (as only non-store listings have the "See other items" links any longer), we see:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Play-Doh-Transformers-Dark-Of-The-Moon-Autobot-Workshop-Complete-
Retired-2010/382530880560?hash=item59109e0430%3Ag%3AeycAAOSwbaxbXiSd%3Asc%3AUSPSPriority!
95825!US!-1&LH_PrefLoc=1&_sacat=0&_nkw=playdoh&_from=R40&rt=nc

Notice that the search parameters got dragged along.

?hash=item59109e0430%3Ag%3AeycAAOSwbaxbXiSd%3Asc%3AUSPSPriority!95825!US!-1
&LH_PrefLoc=1&_sacat=0&_nkw=playdoh&_from=R40&rt=nc

Normally, only the hash value would be included, but something new is occurring with pretty much all the search parameters included.

Those parameters then propagate to many of the links launched from that listing page (hover over them or inspect the page source), including a "See other items" link, which then produced a filtered search instead of a raw search for just sellers other items

See other items:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/chickletc/m.html?item=382530880560&LH_PrefLoc=1
&hash=item59109e0430%3Ag%3AeycAAOSwbaxbXiSd%3Asc%3AUSPSPriority%2195825%21US%21-1
&_sacat=0&_nkw=playdoh&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

which then produce only 1 result as that seller has only one Playdoh item.

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────── 

This issue can be corrected using Redirector addon in Firefox (all versions I believe). Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi, and maybe others (don't know if it works in newest versions of those)  He mentioned maybe supporting Edge, but maybe nothing came of that.

http://einaregilsson.com/writing-a-browser-extension-for-three-browsers/

https://github.com/einaregilsson/Redirector

For Chrome, there are other various similar addons. Safari, IE, and Edge think you are out of luck.

(I went through all the all code in the 2.9.2 version of the addon xpi package I use in FF31, and checked md5 for the included jQuery module. and it is clean. No spyware, no phoning home, no hijinks. Nor have I observed any outbound traffic from the addon via firewall logs and monitors. That author is one of the good guys)

It turns out that my generic search result Redirector rule that targets the search "item no longer available" and eBay redirections to other active items issues (the blue bar with the tiny link to original listing), also takes care of this "See other items" issue because it strips off all the parameters* from search result item URLS.

*parameters on item URLS are never needed or wanted by users - only by eBay for tracking and to redirect you to where they want you to go

See my posts in this thread for the rule and more info:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Bidding-Buying/I-guess-eBay-just-wants-to-lose-business-by-making-it-h...

With that rule in place, the URL to the Playdoh Transformers listing from the search results gets translated into:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Play-Doh-Transformers-Dark-Of-The-Moon-Autobot-Workshop-Complete-
Retired-2010/382530880560?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true

which ensures that the listing you intend will load, that eBay won't redirect elsewhere, that the links in the listing ("See other items" etc) will not have search parameters attached, and therefore won't cause the issue that is the topic of this thread.

There is another Redirector rule I use that also takes care of the OP original problem - once again inadvertently.

That rule changes all eBay search URLS to the old "dsc" variant instead of the new "sch" variant which prevents eBay category and other annoying search hijinks. and coincidentally solves the issue here as the old seach version doesn't include the parameters causing this threads issue. Using the "sch to dsc" rule solves the problem here without needing the "nordt=true&orig_cvip=true" rule above. However both together solve most current search issues.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Completed-amp-Sold-Search-Not-Working-Right-Completed...

TLDNR:  A simple Redirector rule can make this problem go away.

Message 50 of 104
latest reply

Didn't drill down into store (and had to permit Cloudflare.com or storefrontpro.com for anything but the purple header and footer images a few other things, and some broken page elements to appear. There do appear to be three variants of store access links in play (but they all work)

Do active content policies apply to store pages in addition to regular eBay listing pages? If so, that one has outside link issues.
Message 51 of 104
latest reply

This thread is about the inability to see a sellers other items apart from the one subject of the search original string after clicking 'see other items' in a listing of such seller.

These many millions of sellers who are the victim of this issue specifically do NOT have an eBay store.

So, let not discuss the behaviour of eBay stores in here, and stick to the subject.

Untill this moment I have seen no change or roll back yet

Message 52 of 104
latest reply

I had spoken with Ebay today again in relation to this view sellers other items not working for Private Ebay sellers, they are advising it is a Techinical issue and are working on this at present. I am still have very little confidence that this is a fault and not a delbrate act by them to force Private sellers to open store Accounts. I can only hope that it is not, The view other sellers item on my account works ok in the UK, but not internationally and it is not fair if you are paying additionally for this service as I am doing on eaxh of my listings that sales within the UK are zero in all my accounts that if it was not for Internation sellers there would be no sales, so one can see my concern to which I am not alone

Message 53 of 104
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

@moms**art**window** wrote:
they know what they did don't think for a second they don't,it's not a bug it's a change

brian@ebay doug@ebay  To recap:  When we search for an item and view the listing, clicking "See Sellers Other Items" the filter for the original search is still in place, we DON'T see other items unless they have multiples for the original search.

Is this a deliberate change or a bug?

If it's a deliberate change it should be backed out.  If someone opens my listing and decides to see what else I have that they might buy to get combined shipping they won't see any similar items.  This is a huge change in the behavior of "See Sellers other Items" and will seriously impact multi-item sales.

There are many reports of this issue, so it's not just some random testing, or if it is, it's another total failure.

Please bring this to the attention of the appropriate teams ASAP.

Hi @dtexley3, I've gone ahead and reported this. Thanks for letting me know! 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 54 of 104
latest reply

change or bug? hmmm.... let me think for a second look into my crystal ball,it's a SNEAKY CHANGE
Message 55 of 104
latest reply

wow Allen,that was fast,thanks so much
Message 56 of 104
latest reply

If this has been done to force Private sellers into opening Store Accounts no one will list Internationally on Ebay as what are we paying in the UK an additional 30p per listing for International visibilty, as although this is rolled across the International side, it does not stop this being rolled across the domestic markets of countries. That the only way one gets to view sellers other item is opening a store and this will have a major impact in sales across the board as it has affected all my accounts and family and friens accounts in the UK with no sales and over 100% percent down in mostly all accounts with five times the amount of goos in comparison to the same period a year ago

Message 57 of 104
latest reply

I only see this bug on my desktop. When I clicked see sellers other items on @kayb90 's listing on my phone, I got all 186. When I clicked that link on the desktop, I only got one other lilly item from kayb90, as if there weren't any other items for sale.

So for mobile users, they are seeing all the seller's other items.

BUT on my phone, there is no link to see kayb90's store.

On the phone I can't find a link to anyone's store. 

So to communicate with mobile users, putting any effort into store layout/categories/etc seems like a waste of time. 

Since getting the sale banners in a useful place is no longer easy, and sales are restricted to the last two weeks of a 30 day listing unless you use GTC and risk losing your photos, and more and more buyers are becoming mobile users who never see your store, I'm beginning to wonder what IS the benefit of paying for a store beyond the prepaid listings.

Oh, I guess going on vacation is slightly easier with a store.

Message 58 of 104
latest reply

the scam worsens...........
Message 59 of 104
latest reply

I have contacted both the Ireland division ans the US division in relation to this concern, it appears the VIEW SELLERS OTHER ITEMS for Private sellers is not working at all on the US.COM website unless you are using a mobile telephone. I believe this is a Technical issue. As I am based in the UK when I log on to view not just my own account but an Account in the US that is Private seller I am not able to view their other items unless I go into the listing twice. That Ebay representatives have looked at this now both in the UK and US and there is a severe problem and it looks like a technical issue that may have been caused through the new upgrades that have taken place, but one that requires fixing for many people whom are paying listing fees

Message 60 of 104
latest reply