cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG?] SELLER HUB – NEW “SALE EVENT + MARKDOWN” (Markdown Manager replacement) - Unable to Edit/Add

PROBLEM:  We just got the roll-out update of the “marketing manager” replacement, the new “Sale event + markdown” selection option in the Seller Hub -> “Marketing” tab -> “Promotions” -> “Create a promotion” (right hand side blue drop down box) -> “Sale event + markdown” (new selectable option).

SNAG-0192.jpg

After creating a new “Sale event + markdown” with the initial items added (and working correctly - with item showing the strike through sale price in listings and search), I went to edit it in order to move a couple items over into the new promotion now that I had a "Sale event + markdown" up-and-running.  I went to edit the newly created “Sale event + markdown” to add additional items to the promotion but could not figure out how to add additional items.

EXPECTED OUTCOME:  I expected to be able to edit the promotion and add additional items just like with the new “promoted listings”.  Unfortunately, I can’t seem to figure out how to do this. 

ACTUAL OUTCOME:  “The “search by item number” box appears where it appears I should be able to paste and add items, but when I paste valid items, it shows “No results. Try searching again with different criteria.”  I have tested this on 2 different “Sale event + markdown” events and cannot seem to figure out how to add items.

SNAG-0193.jpgSNAG-0194.jpg

NOTE: When I created these “Sale event + markdown”, I used the “Select Items” option on the left-hand side of the page (as opposed to "create rules") in the 2nd step.

Is anyone else encountering this issue?  Thanks for any help! 

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: [BUG?] SELLER HUB – NEW “SALE EVENT + MARKDOWN” (Markdown Manager replacement) - Unable to Edit/

Having this same problem.  

Message 46 of 62
latest reply

Re: [BUG?] SELLER HUB – NEW “SALE EVENT + MARKDOWN” (Markdown Manager replacement) - Unable to Edit/

@rockmaple wrote:

I have been trying to place individual items in my store on sale since November 19th.

When I try to start the sale from “Manage My Store” I am redirected to the “Seller Hub.” When I try to create a sale in the Seller Hub by choosing the % discount amount and then selecting individual listings to include in my sale, the confirmation screen shows that no items were selected. 

I can also confirm this additional SE+M glitch @rockmaple is reporting.  I've had it happen a few times myself.

Unfortunately I have not been able to dial-in exactly what causes it to occur (and I try to not do anything to make it happen now, and after a very fruitless call into support, much like @stoneledge).

I am fairly certain some combinations of the following behavior(s) contribute to the likelihood of this "zero items SE+M glitch"

• Attempting to include an item number in a new SE+M promotion that already exists in a current active SE+M promotion.
  • Performing edits and/or price changes in an item while it is in an active SE+M promotion (or possibly soon after while everthing is still synching on the backend.)
  • Manually ending a SE+M promotion to consolidate items into a new SE+M promotion.

Once an listing item number has been hit by this bug, there is no escaping or fixing it.  You must end the item and relist it with a new item number.  Then, and only then will you be able to include it in a new SE+M promotion (annoying if the item is a GTC listing with good feedback and purchase history).  At least this has been my experience, so take it for what it's worth, though running a test on this with one item might be worthwhile for you to try.

It is quite frustrating and a time-suck for sure.  

Message 47 of 62
latest reply

@ritasloft wrote:

Once an listing item number has been hit by this bug, there is no escaping or fixing it.  You must end the item and relist it with a new item number.  Then, and only then will you be able to include it in a new SE+M promotion (annoying if the item is a GTC listing with good feedback and purchase history).  At least this has been my experience, so take it for what it's worth, though running a test on this with one item might be worthwhile for you to try.

Ritasloft Thank you for your suggestions. Most of my listings will expire in two days --do you think that will break the spell? I will try to start a sale after I relist them. If this works I will let you know.

Message 48 of 62
latest reply

@rockmaple wrote:  "....Most of my listings will expire in two days --do you think that will break the spell? I will try to start a sale after I relist them. If this works I will let you know."

My experience was that once the poisoned listing was revived with a fresh item number it could be then be put into a promotion, so I would certainly give it a shot after you relist the items. 

Good luck and fingers crossed for you!!

Message 49 of 62
latest reply

I've relisted my expired listings and the “Sale Event + Markdown” feature still doesn't work. I wish eBay would bring back Markdown Manager while they clear the bugs out of this new program.

Message 50 of 62
latest reply

Message 51 of 62
latest reply

The marvelous "SALE EVENT + MARKDOWN" tool does not allow me to add new items or renew  the event with ebay relisted items.  Certainly this would be an expected enhancement to the tool.

Message 52 of 62
latest reply

SALE EVENT + MARKDOWN Tool DOE NOT WORK CORRECTLY...STILL!

Why would eBay implement a new seller feature RIGHT BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS, without fully testing it in a beta version or test group first?

I have been struggling to make this new tool work for months now, with no apparent fix or response from eBay, in regards to my concerns.      eBay?  ...Hello?

Issue #1 (Previously identified):  You are unable to add new items to a sale, unless you select an entire category at a fixed discount amount.  This method has also proven inconsistent and cumbersome to manage and doesn't entirely solve the problem, but it is the only known work around. 

Issue #2: Discount amounts and headers DO NOT display correctly on the "all promotional offers" page.  On individual listings, it displays a link to the items on sale, with the correct percentage amount lets say 50% - "(RED PRICE TAG SYMBOL) SAVE UP TO 50%" (image 1).  When you click on the link to "See all eligible items", it takes you to the page associated with that offer, with a header that reads the same: "SAVE UP TO 50%" (image 2).   

>>>However, if you navigate to the main page, through any link ("see all offers" or "All promotional offers from...") the header displays the wrong percentage amount, with the correct discount amount that I manually populated below it (image 3). 

eBay, please fix these issues!

Message 53 of 62
latest reply

Anybody have any updates?  My guess is "probably not" but just thought I'd ask.

FYI, I am still able to use the old Markdown Manager to a point.  I had about 10 different sales going on before the MM was no longer the defult way to markdown an item.  Anyway, since I never deleted those sales, I can just edit them, change the dates so that they are "active" and then I'm able to markdown items.  I can adjust all of the terms such as "% off" or "$ off" and start and end times as well as being able to add new listings to on existing sale.

If I try to create a new sale using MM it still takes me to the "Sale event + Markdown"  page though. 

I wonder how long it will be until eBay totally takes this ablitity away from me.  Shhh!

Message 54 of 62
latest reply

@eromscomics wrote:

Anybody have any updates?  My guess is "probably not" but just thought I'd ask.

@eromscomics unfortunately no -- I just checked at I'm still unable to add any items to a running SE+M promotion.  

Quite a bit disappointing frankly, especially considering an entire quarter has now elapsed in addition to the fact the old Markdown Manager had this ability to add items to a running campaign. 

Additionally,  the other two promotion types (order discount & shipping discount) also allow you to add items to them, thus SE+M is the only promotion that doesn't allow this arguably expected capability to add items (and for all the reasons stated above creating multiple orphaned SE+M campaigns as a work-around is a very sloppy, suboptimal process).

Message 55 of 62
latest reply

For a few hours on January 10th SE&M worked for me, but then it went back to the same old situation. I've called customer service many times since November 19th, they've escalated it repeatedly, and still it doesn't work. I attempt to start a sale a couple of times every day. I think of the saying "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result" and I wonder if ebay has finally pushed me over the edge. But it did work for a short time on January 10th and it could happen again...

Message 56 of 62
latest reply

trinton@ebay ? Anyone?

Message 57 of 62
latest reply

Rita- You are the only seller here that trinton@ebay responds to, even though many of us have reported problems with the same program. He hasn't been effective in orchestrating a solution but at least he acknowledges you.  I sent an email to Griff (griff@ebay.com) describing the problem that I am having with SE&M and I directed him to this board. Maybe if more of us contact customer service and then email Griff someone will do something to fix this? 

Message 58 of 62
latest reply

@Anonymous  alan@ebay

Any chance we could get an update on this?  Does product still intend to reintroduce the capability to add items to existing SE+M promotions?  If so, do we know when it will be rolled-out?

Thanks for any guidance,

Message 59 of 62
latest reply

trinton@ebay  alan@ebay

Yes an update on this would be great.  Or an acknowledgment that it's even been recognized?

So again the end game here would include the capability to add items to existing SE+M promotions.

Message 60 of 62
latest reply