cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another glitch???

When trying to respond to recent messages I get this 

"The question you're trying to answer is either invalid or older than 90 days. You cannot respond to questions older than 90 days."

When trying to send offers I get sent into a continuous loop and am unable to send offers?

Many buyers are unable to pay.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Another glitch???

It's also a bug in eBay. Or is it a mistake you made?🤔

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

It does not give me an error message, just loops back to messages w/o letting me respond.

However, if we respond with an offer, works just fine.  Nutz!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

If you are using a mobile browser, try another format: switch between a mobile browser in mobile mode, classic mode or desktop mode. Or try using the eBay app to send or reply to messages.

Or try a desktop browser. If you are already using a desktop browser, try another.

If you have difficulty getting to your message inbox, try this link for message from members:

https://mesg.ebay.com/mesgweb/ViewMessages/0/m2m

If you are still unable to reply to a message, try going to the user's feedback or profile page and use the Contact link there to compose a new message. If including an item number results in an error about an old or expired item, try choosing the "not about an item" option instead.

Also worth trying: if you have messages sent to your email account, try replying through the email link.

Or try signing in to ebay.ca and reading and responding to messages there.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Same, I can't send invoices either. The site's a mess with endless glitches; the fees are too high, as in far above the competition. ZERO support, eBay can't manage their own house and yet presume to tell us how to run ours. 1 Star across the board.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I'm now getting the same problem we were having a while back with listing visibility in my store again. Items are not showing up. Now on random items ebay is charging me $2.20 for enlarged photo's. By the way I get you're trying to help and we appreciate it but.... honesty wow!!  did actually read all the things you listed to carry out what once used to be a simple task? No offense but these glitches and bugs are horrible.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

This bug has been going on for at least a month for me.

"The question you're trying to answer is either invalid or older than 90 days. You cannot respond to questions older than 90 days."

The only way I can reply is from the Ebay email notification

I believe it is happening even more now, because when it first started for me, I couldn't find anybody else complaining about it.

One month, and a major bug Still not fixed.

Not to mention the bug where people can't pay, (even for a single item with free shipping), and are forced to ask the seller for an invoice.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Having the same issue and it has been going on for months.  We look at a list of open orders and in the column and in the "Questions" column it will show the number of unanswered questions for an item. Typically, we can click on the entry in the Questions column and it will take us right to messages to respond to the question. Instead, we often see the message: "The question you're trying to answer is either invalid or older than 90 days. You cannot respond to questions older than 90 days."

The questions are ALWAYS no more that  a day or two old. The problem is, sometimes the link works, and sometimes it doesn't. Can't figure out a pattern.  Have cleared cache, cleared history, logged out/in, rebooted and the issue persists. THIS IS A E-BAY SERVER ISSUE.  We have reported it to E-bay and it still persists.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@theoldstereoguy wrote:

Having the same issue and it has been going on for months.  We look at a list of open orders and in the column and in the "Questions" column it will show the number of unanswered questions for an item. Typically, we can click on the entry in the Questions column and it will take us right to messages to respond to the question. Instead, we often see the message: "The question you're trying to answer is either invalid or older than 90 days. You cannot respond to questions older than 90 days."

The questions are ALWAYS no more that  a day or two old. The problem is, sometimes the link works, and sometimes it doesn't. Can't figure out a pattern.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. My workaround for this is to go to my Messages page and see if there really is a new message waiting. Usually there is not, so I'll go back to my Selling page, and use the pulldown menu in the Actions column for that item to select "Mark as Answered," which will clear the Questions counter on that row. (If I do find a new message waiting, I can answer it from the Messages page, and that will clear the counter as well.)

It may return later, but I can't control that. Every now and then I have to do a little housecleaning.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

tnd is to go to the his happens all the time. Only way I can respond messages is by going to the top right of the page where it says My Ebay next to the bell. Scroll down to messages and open thump this way.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

STILL HAPPENING. 

Screenshot_5.jpg

Also, someone asked a question on a BIN item like a year ago.  The item is still listed, and it still says "reply to message" even though Ebay says the question is "invalid" or "older than 90 days". Then why do they still give me the respond to message prompt??

Message 11 of 11
latest reply