cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Recommended Item Specifics Not Working for me

The "Add Item Specifics" is not working for me from my desktop.   It either just goes around and around or it pops up and looks strange and will not save.   This started yesterday (Wednesday, 9-14-23). 

@community_team 

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Adding Recommended Item Specifics Not Working for me

@wastingtime101   Thank you so much for your time!  I really appreciate it.  I'll contact eBay through social media tomorrow so I can actually show them screen shots.    I'll post an update after I find out something. 

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

UPDATE:  I contacted eBay for Business on FB.   She worked with me for a little while and then sent a ticket to the technical team for them to look into it and fix it.  No time frame on when that might be but at least now there is ticket open for it. 

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Same Problem...something wrong with ebay's website

Here's screenshotadd item specifics Screenshot 2023-09-17 213229.jpg

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@24-hof   Yes, I get that screen a lot too and then sometimes the other one with the strange buttons at the bottom.   They did open a ticket for it but it probably wouldn't hurt if you contacted them and told them it's also happening with you. 

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@nanniestreasurechest wrote:

it probably wouldn't hurt if you contacted them and told them it's also happening with you. 

Yes. The more people reporting, the more likely eBay will look into it.

I'd also suggest @nanniestreasurechest to use the 'tell us what you think' or 'comments' link on the top right of the seller hub active listings page. Those comments go directly to the developers. Be clear about where the issue is happening and provide your email in case they are willing to follow up with you.

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

Having the same issue. Has anybody found a resolution, yet?

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

@turninratchetsgarage520   No, it still isn't working for me.  I've reported it 3 different ways.  Hoping it may get fixed tonight  when they do their Thursday night update.  I think that's when they do them. 

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

devon@ebay   Could you check on this and give us an update?  There should be a ticket open for it.

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@nanniestreasurechest wrote:

devon@ebay   Could you check on this and give us an update?  There should be a ticket open for it.

Hey @nanniestreasurechest! I checked this morning and did not see any open tickets for this issue. I am having this reported on my end and will let you know if I get any tickets or information on it.  

Devon,
eBay
Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Thank you devon@ebay!  I appreciate it.  Tiffany at Ebay for Business said she was opening a ticket for it but never gave me a ticket number.  Plus I've reported through the call back agent and also on the screen where it gives the "tell us what you think" link.  Not sure what else I could have done.   It's very frustrating.   There definitely needs to be some improvements on the way we report technical issues. 

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

The difference @nanniestreasurechest is a ticket was opened specific to your account. When devon@ebay says there's no ticket, he's referring to a site wide ticket. Site wide tickets aren't generated until enough individual accounts file reports.

That's why anybody reading this facing the same issue should contact CS to report. The more people reporting, the more likely a site wide ticket is created, the quicker this moves up the fix list.

I suggested reporting it through the 'tell us what you think' link since that goes directly to the developers and they may choose to look into it despite the lack of a site wide ticket.

>>It's very frustrating. There definitely needs to be some improvements on the way we report technical issues. 

I agree. The system is not ideal.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

@wastingtime101  I did report it also through the "tell us what you think" link after I saw your first post about it. 

Thanks for telling me how the ticket system works.  I didn't know that.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply